*Update* Post#38 Lab(BOZ) Found/ but Put Down after fight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    What a bunch of ******** for this poor guy.

I mean these Duck Dogs aren't fighters. They retrieve and love doing it. Like he said, he'd suck as a guard dog.

When Duck Dogs like Boz get around 12 they are retired to laying around the house and peacefully passing on. Not stolen from their owners and then abandon to be eaten up by a Pitbull and then put down.

I hope they have a donation drive on RTF to get this guy a well bred pup soon. Having a Hunt Companion like that every day for 10 years just taken from you, man that's rough.

Amen...the dogs I hunt with are like children to us...they are sweet dogs that love to hunt...got to be painful for this guy...

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    These fricking asses that fight pit bulls are scum of the earth. They have been stealing family pets for years....And use the pets to train fighting dogs. It's beyond sick. They take a docile pet and throw it in a pen with a fighting dog to give their pit bull a "taste of blood"
    If I had a picture of the guy who did that to my dog......I would press charges. Even small claims or civil court. I would spend the rest of my days making his every living day miserable. That is a fact. I would not break the law.....But trust me....There are ways to penalize an ass like that.
    Furthermore....the dog fighting community is a small community. They are easy to find...spot.....and locate. All it takes is some leg work.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Not a positive ending. quoted from another LA outdoors site:

Boz was found yesterday by animal control not too far from the hotel he was stolen from. He had been let loose by the P-Rik that stole him and obviously got into a fight with a couple pit bulls and they won. Laf animal control euthanized and creamated him and then discovered it was the missing dog after the LPD got on the case this morning. Waffle House will still not release the video of the P-Rik who stole Boz. If you eat at Waffle House, express your displeasure with their lack of civic mindedness.

I would think that Lafayette PD could obtain a warrant for the video

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I most certainly would break that law if someone did that to my dogs. No question about it. Just thinking about it makes angry as hell.

I don't like to incriminate myself. In any case....I agree, I like dogs more than most people I meet. Dogs are just wonderful creatures. And FWIW....if I caught someone trying to harm my dog....All bets are off. All I am saying is...under those circumstances, I could understand a plea of temporary insanity.
    ============

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
    Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2WK_eWihdU

Last edited:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I had to put one of my weimaraners down last summer, she was 13 1/2 years old. That was one of the hardest things to do. I can't imagine losing a family dog under these terrible circumstances. As far as Waffle House goes everyone should just boycott them. If this turd is every found I will be more than happy to show him the error of his ways.

JamesBlake

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    and good luck getting the law to do anything

sorry for such a useless loss...stolen and killed, dam I'm mad

Maybe put a high dollar value on the dog, force the video to be released to the law ??

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    If the dog was found in the same area he was stolen from.I would imagine the thief also lives close by.He probably scales the hotels to steal stuff.I would troll the neighborhood in that area.I bet you will spot that truck around that area.Sorry for your loss !!!!

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    What a bunch of ******** for this poor guy.

I mean these Duck Dogs aren't fighters. They retrieve and love doing it. Like he said, he'd suck as a guard dog.

When Duck Dogs like Boz get around 12 they are retired to laying around the house and peacefully passing on. Not stolen from their owners and then abandon to be eaten up by a Pitbull and then put down.

I hope they have a donation drive on RTF to get this guy a well bred pup soon. Having a Hunt Companion like that every day for 10 years just taken from you, man that's rough.

Tell me about it...

556657_10152071525335072_1932322296_n.jpg

This one will turn 15 on Jan 8th. His job now is mostly supervising...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If the dog was found in the same area he was stolen from.I would imagine the thief also lives close by.He probably scales the hotels to steal stuff.I would troll the neighborhood in that area.I bet you will spot that truck around that area.Sorry for your loss !!!!

Yea they are thinking one of two things.
    -He might have thought the dog was a female since the dogs door on the dog box had a female name on it or
    -He used the dog as a punching bag for a pit-bull fight dog and then left it for dead which is why Animal Control was called?

Either way Waffle House not releasing the footage is complete ********! and the Hotel Manager who refused to come in on his day off b/c "He doesn't come in emergencies for dogs" should have his face rearranged. Property damage/criminal activity in your parking lot leaves you with a certain responsibility to fully cooperate with the police. The manager delayed the search for a whole day until he came back to work to release the footage. The Dog could have been found in that time.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Edit: ^^Unfortunately, many people don't value the life of a good dog. I say those people have lost out on one of life's great joys.

Horrible. :mad: I'm at a loss for words.

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    WOW! What a great looking Ol'Man he is. 15!? sheesh that's a ripe old age for a Lab and he looks healthy too.

Yeah, him being an indoor dog has contributed to his longevity. He is still 80 lbs and starting to get arthritis in his hips and he has a cataract in his right eye now; otherwise he is ok...

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    So, they say it was a pitbull attack, eh?
    How can they be so certain?
    Did someone sit by and watch it happen?
    That particular pitbull should be identified, and put down...
    Not stirring up the masses, just my personal thoughts.
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Thats a horrible thing to happen for the pup, and the owner as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom