The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I feel I should update this post after dealing with the owner of Inta-med, Inc, Brandon, the parent company of West Coast Motorcars. He was quick to offer a refund on a mutual agreement to change his feedback. I don't like changing feedback, but from reading the ebay forums that is how Ebay wants the system to work. The seller can only have a small percentage of their feedback mutually changed, so if there are a ton of complaints it should be impossible remain 100%. From reading post from Ebay moderators once a transaction is resolved the feedback should be changed to reflect the new outcome. It is not understood why Ramin took things so far. My recommendation if you if you are interested in a car from West Coast Motorcars is:

See it in person first!
    and
    Get someone other than Ramin - I now know their are two others Jonsoto and Brandon

Nick

I recently attempted to purchase a vehicle from West-Coast-Motorcars through ebay. The car looked clean in the pictures and was priced fairly. I called the salesman, Ramin, and we talked about the car. Ramin told me it was in factory condition and was in great condition. We talked about shipping the car and how payment would work. He assured me I could keep the entire transaction in Ebay and Paypal so I would keep the buyer protection that Ebay and Paypal offer. Raymond represented himself of an employee of a full service dealership.

Well I clicked the Buy it now button and sent payment. Ramin said I would have paperwork that day, so I waited all day for it. I never received it so I sent Ramin an email. He never sent the paperwork and would not respond to emails or answer the phone. Around 8 or 9 pm I got an email from Ramin stating my paperwork was ready, I found this was odd that it was so late and it did not come from a finance person, but that didn't bother me that much. What I did find outrageous was that the instructions only allowed for payment via an instant wire transfer or to mail certified funds in a money order or cashiers check. Paypal or credit cards were not accepted. This sent up red flags to me.

Well when Ramin finally contacted me back he told me he did not want to pay the paypal fees and that I would still be protected from him. He even went as far to say he needed protection from buyers!!! Well it was in this conversation that I learned there were missing parts from the engine bay and that there were aftermarket mods in the engine bay that were not disclosed in the auction. He thought these were a plus and did not need to be disclosed in the auction. The modifications devalue the car and tend to tell a history of hard driving, he would have included them if he thought they would help him sell the car.

Even after all this I still wanted to work with Ramin. I tried to communicate with him and tried to find an amicable solution to our transaction. When I would not send him an instant wire transfer Ramin said I was "Too hard to deal with" and stopped responding to my emails. The next morning when checking "My Ebay" to see if he responded I noticed the car had been relisted for sale.

Now keep in mind, Ramin still has my $500 Deposit and I still have 3 and 1/2 days to pay according to the auction listing. When I asked for my deposit back after he relisted the car he told me to complain to ebay and it was not his problem. At this point I had no choice to leave accurate, negative feedback. Within minutes of leaving feedback I get an email from Ramin:

"Thanks for the feedback buddy. Now you really gona get nothing. "

He then lied to the entire Ebay community stating that I did not have money to purchase the car. I have the cash in the bank and was ready to send it via paypal, he just did not want it through paypal.

After leaving feedback I was contacted by other Ebay members who were either in the same boat as me, they gave Ramin a deposit and he would not take paypal or they had been scammed by Ramin by not receiving a car or receiving something less than what was described. One person even gave me Ramins old ebay user name wholesalescars. If I would have read the feedback from that user name I would have never attempted to buy the car.

Ramin blackmails people to leave positive feedback in order to get their money back or fix their situation. Don't take my word for it, go read his feedback for 5 minutes. It is amazing he was able to juggle a 100% feedback for so long with so many negative comments. I don't know how he got so many negative comments removed by ebay, I am guessing they are for technical reasons.

I told Ramin that I was going to tell my story, either he could help resolve this problem or I would tell anybody that would listen (or read). He chose to tell me to go pound sand, well I am pounding.

Nick

I am starting here at Bayoushooter, but I will post this everywhere. I want it to be easy to find for anyone who is thinking about buying a car from West coast motorcars. I hope google picks it up somewhere.

Last edited:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    People who scam others are scum. Good luck on getting your money back.

By the way, file a complaint through PayPal and eBay. Do it now. Doesn't matter if you don't have the funds to buy. The transaction of the $500 is still on history. File the complaint and start riding PayPal's ass. We got scammed one time and PayPal tried telling us that they were only able to recover $0.82 from the scammer... my mom got on the phone and gave them an ear full. Two hours later our money was returned in full and they were after the *******.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I already took the official route with Ebay and Paypal. They are suppose to call me back tomorrow. I am posting this on every forum I can remember I belong to. I gave Ramin 20 chances to make things right with many options and I am now convinced he is 100% a scammer.

When you search West coast Motorcars my complaint is the 6th hit on google. If you search West coast motorcars ebay it is number one. I need west coast motorcars to get my story as the first post. He spells his name West-Coast-Motorcars , maybe that has something to do with it. I hope this scam gets to number one. I should ad Iphone 4 or Iphone 4g to my post to have it get hits for other searches. I already posted this on vwvortex.com and Tundrasolutions.com .

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ramin's email address is ramin@west-coast-motorcars.com . His website is west-coast-motorcars.com . I don't advocate spam, haxoring or scamming eBay members. I also posted on ar15.com . I would hate for a fellow gun enthusiest to get scammed. I wish I would have known about his first eBay user name wholesalescars before I bid.

The first two hits on google are now my story about Ramin, the google crawlers need to crawl faster. You have to search for "west coast motorcars eBay" to get that result. Hopefully it will save somebody money or a headache.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Ramin's email address is ramin@west-coast-motorcars.com . His website is west-coast-motorcars.com . I don't advocate spam, haxoring or scamming eBay members. I also posted on ar15.com . I would hate for a fellow gun enthusiest to get scammed. I wish I would have known about his first eBay user name wholesalescars before I bid.

The first two hits on google are now my story about Ramin, the google crawlers need to crawl faster. You have to search for "west coast motorcars eBay" to get that result. Hopefully it will save somebody money or a headache.

Just make him miserable enough to where he stops doing it. Trust me, I've done it plenty of times. It helps take up time when you're bored :rofl:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think this guy gets it. He has about 40 car transactions under wholesalescars username and about 20 of them either have retracted negative feedback with negative comments or negative comments with notation that eBay removed the feedback rating for that comment. Lots of history of misrepresenting cars and being difficult to deal with. I hope I save atleast one person from getting screwed.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Jan 23, 2007
    Always ask for the CarFax.

Your tags are hilarious.

:)

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Scammers will just change their names/websites/e-addresses and continue on.

You need to talk to the Harris County DA's office. They CAN do something about this guy. They will investigate the PEOPLE involved, not the front company, and can stop them permanently.

leVieux

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I NEVER use scam-bay for anything over $50. For every one story I hear/read about a good transaction on scam-bay (especially cars/motorcycles), there are twenty horror stories like this one. And here's a newsflash, ebay and paypal DO NOT GIVE A ****!!! They get their $$ either way.

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    If your deposit came through paypal from a credit card or your bank, dispute the charges. Your bank should take care of it if paypal won't.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Your first red flag should have been the name "Ramin".

When I had originally came from Guatemala and was in serious NEED of a job I got hired on by a group of Saudi's who had a used car dealership in the Lafayette Area, everything looked legit until I started asking for some OT since the 40 Hrs I was originally getting were not cutting it to pay the bills. Needless to say this cats had 4 or 5 dealerships under diferent names, they also owned a junk yard where most of the parts came from to "FIX" the cars. They would give you a 30 day warranty and most of the cars came from auctions in Texas, I cant tell you how many transmissions I changed in 5 months that I worked there, sometimes I would actually be forced by the boss to put a transmission that we were well aware of it being broken his words were "change the filter, get her clean and slap her on" knowing she would break within a 30 day period again.

I would NEVER ever do business with any of them, they are all business related and they help each other out with parts and stuff, about 6 months after I quit and found a more honest job I heard they had been busted for doing illegal work (no ****).

Last edited:

Witiku

Sep 28, 2006
    If your deposit came through paypal from a credit card or your bank, dispute the charges. Your bank should take care of it if paypal won't.

+1. You may be insured for the entire $500. They might just give it back to you just to resolve the matter even if they never get it from the thief.

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Your first red flag should have been the name "Ramin".

When I had originally came from Guatemala and was in serious NEED of a job I got hired on by a group of Saudi's who had a used car dealership in the Lafayette Area, everything looked legit until I started asking for some OT since the 40 Hrs I was originally getting were not cutting it to pay the bills. Needless to say this cats had 4 or 5 dealerships under diferent names, they also owned a junk yard where most of the parts came from to "FIX" the cars. They would give you a 30 day warranty and most of the cars came from auctions in Texas, I cant tell you how many transmitions I changed in 5 months that I worked there, sometimes I would actually be forced by the boss to put a transmition that we were well aware of it being broken his words were "change the filter, get her clean and slap her on" knowing she would break within a 30 day period again.

I would NEVER ever do business with any of them, they are all business related and they help each other out with parts and stuff, about 6 months after I quit and found a more honest job I heard they had been busted for doing illegal work (no ****).

You don't trust people named Ramin, I don't trust people that can't spell transmission. :mamoru:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hey, I like my tags, just want to get the word out.

Turns out he is not a dealership and is just selling cars from FEMA auctions. His "Worldwide wholesale network" = FEMA.

I wish I would have used a CC for the deposit, I just never used Credit Cards! I like to pay for things today, not pay more for them later, I already learned my lesson with credit cards, I guess I am learning a new lesson now! I used a bank draft, I have contacted my bank, Neighbors, and I am hoping they have a process to reverse the charge, but I doubt there is one.

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I told Ramin that I was going to tell my story, either he could help resolve this problem or I would tell anybody that would listen (or read). He chose to tell me to go pound sand, well I am pounding.

Nick

I am starting here at Bayoushooter, but I will post this everywhere. I want it to be easy to find for anyone who is thinking about buying a car from West coast motorcars. I hope google picks it up somewhere.

Hell for $500 I would drive over to Houston and pay Mr.Ramin a personal visit!
    I would have all documents of the transaction in hand to show the LEO once he arrives as well!

I bet you leave with your $500 bucks!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Hell for $500 I would drive over to Houston and pay Mr.Ramin a personal visit!
    I would have all documents of the transaction in hand to show the LEO once he arrives as well!

I bet you leave with your $500 bucks!

Or somebody would get $500 worth of knuckle sandwich like my 4 year old says!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom