USA ban TikTok

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Doesn’t affect me any but pretty interesting, im sure there will be a couple million that will be upset well Maybe like 170 million lol

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Doesn’t affect me any but pretty interesting, im sure there will be a couple million that will be upset well Maybe like 170 million lol

Anyone with a small amount of critical thinking skills knows this has nothing to do with China having access to the data or algorithms.
    I'm starting to wonder if they are using this as a smoke screen to basically pass a digital patriot act 2.0. They are definitely up to no good, to what extent, I guess we'll find out.
    fc9d2297940bb9bd86f12f0fbf360ccd.jpg
    20e0f7d5adcd6fbc5e46486efd8153b5.jpg

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    When I started seeing the "How Great" Tick Tock advertisements are on TV it made me wonder just what is going on ... I wish some one from our National Security would tell us the truth about this ... but you just never know what the real truth is these days ...

Just be honest with us ... it won't kill you !
    Gary

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anyone with a small amount of critical thinking skills knows this has nothing to do with China having access to the data or algorithms.
    I'm starting to wonder if they are using this as a smoke screen to basically pass a digital patriot act 2.0. They are definitely up to no good, to what extent, I guess we'll find out.
    fc9d2297940bb9bd86f12f0fbf360ccd.jpg
    20e0f7d5adcd6fbc5e46486efd8153b5.jpg
    This. And it’s a precursor to shutting down any sort of social media they choose. Real unadulterated news comes from these sources while the news is actually happening. The Gov don’t get a chance to spike it with propaganda and whatever narrative fits their agenda. They’d like it under their control like everything else.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t have tick tock but I’m a big fan of YouTube and YouTube has its own version with YouTube shorts. I hate that stuff man, it’s truly mind rott. I see one thing that looks interesting and click on it and next thing I know I’m in a mindless loop of watching 60 second videos with no real context or meaning. I wouldn’t mind seeing it go but I’m not a fan of government control/ censorship in general so I wouldn’t want to see it go like that necessarily.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don’t have tick tock but I’m a big fan of YouTube and YouTube has its own version with YouTube shorts. I hate that stuff man, it’s truly mind rott. I see one thing that looks interesting and click on it and next thing I know I’m in a mindless loop of watching 60 second videos with no real context or meaning. I wouldn’t mind seeing it go but I’m not a fan of government control/ censorship in general so I wouldn’t want to see it go like that necessarily.
    You see it this way because YouTube is pretty strict on their content. The truth telling "misinformation" content that does still exist on YouTube won't be fed to you, and some of cannot even be found through YouTube's search, you have to search for it on specific browsers to find it.
    On other platforms, such as Tik Tok, once you get an account set up, following specific pages / people, you get a much different feed than you would on something like YouTube.
    I personally do not have Tik Tok either, my wife does, my friends do, and while it is also heavily moderated against certain key words, it doesn't stop "misinformation" from getting out to millions of people.
    If you want to have a remotely close idea of what's actually going on in the world, or just a different perspective, you'll have to get that information from social media by finding the right people / pages to follow.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Once the precedent is set for the banning of whatever, our freedoms are at risk. I saw the CSPAN testimony of the owner of Tic Toc and he is from Indonesia. That's not China but another country. The representative asking the questions looked like a simpleton ignorant fool because after asking where are you from and the response was Indonesia then the representative asked where his passport was from and the tic toc owners says Indonesia.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Eye patch McCain says that he KNOWS that US intelligence agencies are not manipulating Americans, then has to do some lying and manipulation of his own to disprove a given example.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I'm not sure of what the truth about this subject really is ...
    But I'm going to see where AOC stands on it ....
    If she's for it , then my best bet is ... to be against it !
    And if she's against it ... then I maybe should be for it .
    Usually she and I don't see eye to eye on anything !
    Gary

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    See I think the problem is someone sees this platform as a threat when the real threat is the truth that our youth are so stupid as to give enormous amounts of mindless time to the stupidity of content on this platform. The US youth gets addicted to scrolling through dumb stuff whereas their Asian counterparts have no free time outside their intellectual, physical, and cultural development to reverse their progress in those pursuits. The US adults are attempting to gain control and take away all the fun of mindless dumb stuff which satiates the youth with ignorance.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'm not sure of what the truth about this subject really is ...
    But I'm going to see where AOC stands on it ....
    If she's for it , then my best bet is ... to be against it !
    And if she's against it ... then I maybe should be for it .
    Usually she and I don't see eye to eye on anything !
    Gary
    Pig-loisi is for it
    **** bags, like Crenshaw, are just as much, if not more of a threat to any of us. At least we know where the others stand. Eye patch McCain and his buddies are snakes in the grass, fooling people with things such as their veteran status.

Top Bottom