Vanek Custom Glock Triggers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Trigger pull weight isn't the whole issue with a Glock trigger. Much of the benefit comes from reducing the effort of activating the safety plunger and the trigger bar components on the trigger pull. Reduction of overtravel makes a BIG difference in trigger feel and reset.

In my experience, if you switch to reduced stricker springs, you will have much more reliability with softer primers. Federal, which I use, are the softest, that's why they're the choice of the revolver guys with lightened triggers. Winchesters are generally next softest. CCI tends to be one the harder types, FWIW.

JB is absolutely right in that it takes many component tweaks to bring a Glock to the 2# range. See the addition to my post #15 above to see some of the components that play a role.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Do you have to use match grade primers with the glockworx trigger?

Match grade pistol primers, at least in the Federals that I'm most familiar with, aren't softer or harder than regular grade: they are just selects from batches that have the best uniformity and consistency.

I've never noticed any difference, frankly, for the needs of practical pistol shooting.

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Yeah i called JB55 and had a good chat with him and he shed alot of light of the modifications of glocks. He will be doing work on my 17 very shortly.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I ordered the Vanek Classic trigger yesterday. Charlie is a good guy to deal with. Ships fast. Now I wait. :D

A couple of years ago, Charlie drove over an hour and a half to the FedEx office so I could have a trigger the next day so I'd be ready for a weekend match. That was my first order from him, but not my last. ;)

Yup, he's a definitely a first-class guy. :thumbsup:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    As far as guide rods go, IF it increases the weight to more than 2oz over what Glock list as standard empty weight, it's a NO GO for USPSA Production division. Most of the stainless guide rods will be fine. Tungsten will bring you over the weight limit.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    As far as guide rods go, IF it increases the weight to more than 2oz over what Glock list as standard empty weight, it's a NO GO for USPSA Production division. Most of the stainless guide rods will be fine. Tungsten will bring you over the weight limit.

Steve Bedair makes excellent guide rods. I have a captured stainless on my 34 and it performs flawlessly.

http://guiderod.com/

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

Yep. Take that into consideration especially if you're going to add grip tape and some real (not plastic) sights.

My G34 with a bronze guide rod, grip tape, sevigny sights and a light weight striker comes in at 1/2 oz below the maximum weight.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I installed the Vanek Classic trigger kit today. Took my 34 to Precision and put 80 rounds through it. Trigger pull is smooth, consistant, and the break is crisp. The pull is lightened about 60% from the factory trigger. Like anything else I need to get used to the feel of the new trigger. Out the box it is a big improvement over factory. :)

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A 60% reduction in the pull weight would put you at approximately 2# 3 oz.
    That is very light for a Glock.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    A 60% reduction in the pull weight would put you at approximately 2# 3 oz.
    That is very light for a Glock.

On his site Charlie states trigger pull is in the 2# range. My comment is from subjective observation only. Yes it is very light. There was a warning that came with the kit. It reads Warning - Competition Trigger Only - If you shoot yourself or someone else it is your own fault. :rofl:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    On his site Charlie states trigger pull is in the 2# range. My comment is from subjective observation only. Yes it is very light. There was a warning that came with the kit. It reads Warning - Competition Trigger Only - If you shoot yourself or someone else it is your own fault. :rofl:

I am aware of this I install Vanek and Glockworx triggers. I installed a Vanek for someone on BS this week. I normally test the trigger pull but did this one from my tailgate and did not have time to test the trigger pull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom