Vanilla Gorilla (Nate) Ditch Medicine Class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 5th or 26th? Lunch or No Lunch?

• May 5th

Votes: 15 55.6%
    • May 26th

Votes: 12 44.4%
    • Yes lunch

Votes: 15 55.6%
    • No lunch

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    As mentioned in the previous thread it seems there is enough interest for this class. So far it looks like Golden Dragons range is an ideal location.

Nate has offered to do this class for $130 per person :eek3:, yeah :eek3:, this price includes the cost of class, the cost of the range and the supplies, you are responsible for your own ammo 500 rounds of quality ammo

We will utilize Golden Dragon's facility, in ROBERTS LA

The date will be MAY 5th Saturday

So who is interested ??????????

Payments are to be sent to ME (Pablo Estrada), I much prefer Money orders and if its NOT much to ask please get two one in the amount of $100 (cost of class) and one in the amount of $30 (range and supplies), if that is too much work then just get one for $130.

The only way that you can hold a spot is by paying the amount in FULL (being its a very affordable class), payments are due by April 13th (friday), payments will be NON REFUNDABLE after the date of April 20th (this gives you one week to change your mind and gives us enough time to sell that spot to somebody else)

This is quoted from the original thread for the medical class from Sig Sauer Academy

QUOTE:

Overview
    •Mind and body reactions to environmental stress
    •Maintaining the Combat Mindset
    •Basic anatomy and physiology of life-sustaining systems
    •HABCs – Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
    •Individual Med Kits (IMK): what you need and how to use it
    •Basic first aid and advanced wound care, including use of tourniquets
    •Recognition and treatment of injuries
    •Response to an active shooter situation
    •Proper use of cover vs. concealment
    •Recovery of a casualty during active shooter situations
    •Emergency medical dialect and lingo

Equipment List:

•Notepad with pen/pencil/Sharpie
    •Clothing suited to strenuous activity and seasonally appropriate
    •Footwear suited for rapid movement and turning
    •Earmuffs (electronic preferred)
    •Wraparound eyewear,
    •Hat with brim
    •Dependable Handgun
    •A dependable holster that covers the trigger guard
    •A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
    •Weapon tools and lube
    •Hydration system
    •Sunscreen and bug spray
    •Gloves, and knee and elbow pads (optional)
    •An open mind

Original Thread
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?73773-Bullets-amp-Bandages-March-23-25

Last edited by a moderator:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    For Epping, NH courses non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition is required on indoor range. Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping, NH facility only.

:dunno:

I may be interested as well depending on date.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    K there are a FEW changes specifically on ammo count.

Here are the topics to be covered by Nate, keep in mind everything is adaptive so you can work a little more on one topic and a little less in another OR even discuss topics not listed IF time allows.

500 rds of pistol ammo per student

Fundamentals of gunfighting

shooting from and using cover

casualty evac. under fire

wounding mechanisms of handgun bullets

shooting on the move

Individual and group med kits, what goes in them and how to use them

assigning roles

identifying casualties

triage

securing and controlling the scene

moving the casualty

priorities of care

treating common life threatening gsw related injuries

Finishing the day off with a scenario based exercise

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You copied the equipment list from SIG A. is that what will be required here?

I will need some clarification on equipment requirements, cause some of this stuff I may need to buy.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Let's stick with the one day model for now. Just pistol. If people want a 1 day carbine class or 2 day combo class we can set one up for June or July. Im calling the medical portion of this course Range Incident Medical Response. That's what im gonna try to focus it on. Most of you are not SWAT Medics. We will do some Tactical work and 99% of the concepts cross over but I am going to try and keep it aimed at what fits your needs best.

Someone asked about skill level. The shooting portion of this class will not be taught at the Jedi Level. That being said if you can't safely operate your weapon this isn't the course for you. Do not show up at this class with your gun in a box and ask me what to do next. If you want to do a private day on the range before the class to cover the basics we can do that contact me and we will set something up.

I need to cap enrollement at 15 for this event. If demand overwhelms that I will try and call in some AI's to help. Questions?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

I will need some clarification on equipment requirements, cause some of this stuff I may need to buy.

That was to give an idea of what type of class this would be, keep in mind originally the class at Sig Sauer Academy was 3 days and it was an LEO/MIL focussed class so all of those items would be a given

This would be a civilian friendly class, 1 day so I would venture to say that whatever setup you use for daily carry would be more than aprooved as long as it coveres all the safety protocols.

A weapon holster (that covers the trigger guard) OWB would be "MY CHOICE" and at least two spare mags on your belt

We havent decided if there is enough interest on a rifle class yet so the things that apply to a rifle wouldnt be needed if we only do a pistol class

NEVER MIND NATE COVERED IT ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Let's stick with the one day model for now. Just pistol. If people want a 1 day carbine class or 2 day combo class we can set one up for June or July. Im calling the medical portion of this course Range Incident Medical Response. That's what im gonna try to focus it on. Most of you are not SWAT Medics. We will do some Tactical work and 99% of the concepts cross over but I am going to try and keep it aimed at what fits your needs best.

Someone asked about skill level. The shooting portion of this class will not be taught at the Jedi Level. That being said if you can't safely operate your weapon this isn't the course for you. Do not show up at this class with your gun in a box and ask me what to do next. If you want to do a private day on the range before the class to cover the basics we can do that contact me and we will set something up.

I need to cap enrollement at 15 for this event. If demand overwhelms that I will try and call in some AI's to help. Questions?

Right. I didn't mean inexperience like "which end does the bullet come out of?" I was speaking more to the fact that I do not have any combat training/experience.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

The SiG Acacemy is run by booge, elitist, New Englanders with leftward leanings. I don't care if you shoot bullets made from Narwhal horn. Gear wise I reccommend something similar to what you carry. Bring as many mags as you can. I recommend people wear body armor on the range but its optional and if you don't have it don't buy it for this class.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That was to give an idea of what type of class this would be, keep in mind originally the class at Sig Sauer Academy was 3 days and it was an LEO/MIL focussed class so all of those items would be a given

This would be a civilian friendly class, 1 day so I would venture to say that whatever setup you use for daily carry would be more than aprooved as long as it coveres all the safety protocols.

A weapon holster (that covers the trigger guard) OWB would be "MY CHOICE" and at least two spare mags on your belt

We havent decided if there is enough interest on a rifle class yet so the things that apply to a rifle wouldnt be needed if we only do a pistol class

NEVER MIND NATE COVERED IT ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good enough!

Throw a firm date and time out, and I am a confirmation if the date works. Place doesn't matter to me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The SiG Acacemy is run by booge, elitist, New Englanders with leftward leanings. I don't care if you shoot bullets made from Narwhal horn. Gear wise I reccommend something similar to what you carry. Bring as many mags as you can. I recommend people wear body armor on the range but its optional and if you don't have it don't buy it for this class.

Ha ha, I carry in my back pocket; but I do have the "popular" carry equipment too! :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom