Vehicle Carry Setups

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Get a good pocket holster and wedge it between the seat and test drawing from it. I typically leave it in the console and place it there while driving.

I've seen people do crazy things like bolt a holster to the roof above the driver side door - "hands up" type of draw. Also seen a few that simply strap to the seat and ride in between your legs. My only problem with that is when you get out of the car, it's visible to everyone.

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    in our hummer, i mounted a belt clip to the little panel on the right and have the holster cliped to it, it looks like it came that way and its easy to access and draw with minimum warning to an agressor.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Did a quick search. I've seen a few different configurations on various shows and articles online.

universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount.jpg

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount/?right=related

I made a kydex holster for a friend of mine and he wedged it inbetween his seats. Sits next to him as if it were on his belt.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Nothing better IMO than heaving it in either an IWB or OWB Holster @ 3 oclock, its natural and its always there even when you are NOT inside the vehicle, it involves MINIMUM practice and the only important thing is to make sure it clears your seat belt and that EVERY time you sit down you clear the clothes that might be in the way, every single time I get in my vehicle I follow the same sequence (#1 open the door, #2 sit down, #3 lock the door, #4put seat belt on, #5 put the shirt behind my holster so if I have to draw its easy acces, #6 start the car and drive away).

At the same time heaving it in this position is ideal since if at any point you are forced by a BG to hand him your wallet or even move over (car jack), you will have to first remove your seat belt or at least reach towards that area, you can create distraction with your weak hand (left) while turning to reach your weapon, and time to dance after that.

Putting in other places is cool and all, but it will create a movement that is NOT natural to the BG's eyes, and could potentially escalate the situation before you are even ready.

Similar to what Steve with SafeArms does in this video, the only diference is that he is doing apendix carry and not at 3 o clock.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEBoruC8Tro[/ame]

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Did a quick search. I've seen a few different configurations on various shows and articles online.

universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount.jpg

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount/?right=related

I made a kydex holster for a friend of mine and he wedged it inbetween his seats. Sits next to him as if it were on his belt.

Do what you want...I would NOT use this configuration...I smell trouble all over this set up

I like the idea of carry on your OWB IWB rig and be ready while in vehicle, thats what I do

Don't complicate things, if SHTF...you got one go to place, not a click on the right box

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have it next to me. I'm just showing the OP there are many options.

Understood.........just sayin to anybody who mite think that is a good way to carry in your car....it's really just a good way to meet Mr Hood if you get pulled over

This form of carry is not far from the plan to jump out hollering "I got a gun" method of disclosure...

Of course 1 Dawgs opinion.......:D

Evan632

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Jefferson
    i have a Safariland paddle holster, which is great on my hip when im standing, but not so comfortable when im driving.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    This is how I roll!:rockon:

bk1f9nh79a48fb5oe9kh.jpg

Lol back in the day when I was working construction I had a painter that drove an 85 k1500 jacked up loud as hell and his shifter was a chromed out revolver facing down like that, it was cool to look at but impossible to shift he would actually just grab the shift stick instead underneath the gun. Thanks for taking me back to 2004 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom