Vehicle carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm having a long running " debate " with someone about the legality of carrying a loaded and chambered firearm in a vehicle . This clown says that you may NOT have a round chambered . I cannot convince him otherwise . Neither of us can find legal language to support our position .

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    That's because the law doesn't differentiate between a gun with a chambered round or one without but with a loaded magazine. They are both loaded. Why are you arguing with a clown? ;-)

Don't try to tell a LEO that your gun isn't loaded because you don't have one in the chamber...he might handcuff you and charge you with stupidity

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You know it never fails to amaze me the things people some how make up in theit minds as law. "If you have a gun in the car you have to lock the ammo in the trunk". "As long as you cant reach it from the driver's seat"
    Blah blah blah.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Sadly that IS the law in some states .

latest

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    A friend of mine works with a guy that is the police chief of a small dept. Maybe 2 officers. When my buddy got his CHP the guy told him he couldn't carry his gun with the mag in it in the vehicle. And on top of that my buddy carried a revolver. :run:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    A friend of mine works with a guy that is the police chief of a small dept. Maybe 2 officers. When my buddy got his CHP the guy told him he couldn't carry his gun with the mag in it in the vehicle. And on top of that my buddy carried a revolver. :run:

I mean thats some first rate stupidity. It seems to me in most places the biggest infringment to the second amendment is stupid people who repeat these sorts of things as if it were God's honest truth to people how have no way to know the truth other than to ask.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And crime shows. I know some of us can cut off the part of our brain that notices that the sound of a hammer being pulled back doesnt quite fit say a Glock 17, but while you are at it ignore any talk as it relates to gun ownership or posession.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA

So, even though you can legally open carry a loaded firearm in LA, this chief wants everyone to pull their handgun, drop the mag and eject the round in the chamber before they get in their vehicle? Where is this town, I could use an award from a false arrest lawsuit to supplement my fixed income?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    So, even though you can legally open carry a loaded firearm in LA, this chief wants everyone to pull their handgun, drop the mag and eject the round in the chamber before they get in their vehicle? Where is this town, I could use an award from a false arrest lawsuit to supplement my fixed income?

Maybe a motorcycle too

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

This was one that just thought he knew our laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a motorcycle too

Hat Man LOL

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with a man over Christmas. He's a big Hunter and is actually knowledgeable about here management. But. He mentioned hogs were beginning to infiltrate the land. I mentioned that some use suppressors to help eradicate the hogs. What? No. Its called a silencer and they're illegal. Suppressors are ok. No way you can hunt them after dark either...
    I think the people who are somewhat acquainted with firearms and legalities of are the worst.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with a man over Christmas. He's a big Hunter and is actually knowledgeable about here management. But. He mentioned hogs were beginning to infiltrate the land. I mentioned that some use suppressors to help eradicate the hogs. What? No. Its called a silencer and they're illegal. Suppressors are ok. No way you can hunt them after dark either...
    I think the people who are somewhat acquainted with firearms and legalities of are the worst.

Semantics. When you register a suppressor guess what the ATF calls it?

Some simply just rely on what they've heard. Others actually step outside of their comfort zone and read the laws.

nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe
    It is good that we do not reside in a Communist State.

Sadly that IS the law in some states .

Like Texass. People for whatever reason in the rest of the U.S. seem to think Texas is gun friendly. Theyre not. Their full of bullshitte. When I lived there not only could you not open carry but you couldnt have a loaded firearm in the vehicle and it had to be in the trunk of a vehicle whose trunk did not have passenger compartment access or it had to be in a locked compartment. Couldnt even keep it in your glovebox if said glovebox didnt have a lock on it.

I've heard people quote their CHP instructor with incorrect information . WTF ?

People in Louisiana are pretty dumb for the most part. If youre smart you get ran the fuuck out.

I mean thats some first rate stupidity. It seems to me in most places the biggest infringment to the second amendment is stupid people who repeat these sorts of things as if it were God's honest truth to people how have no way to know the truth other than to ask.

This is why there is so much bullshitte floating around Louisiana. People here are too trusting and dont find out for themselves. Just keep repeating the same incorrect info on down the generations. Many cops here still think citizens are required to show ID whenever requested. Its like theyve never read a law in their life. Do they not even have Youtube?

Some simply just rely on what they've heard. Others actually step outside of their comfort zone and read the laws.

You would be amazed at the amount of wealth one could acquire if they spent half the time they spend on Facebook on Louisianas Legislative law search site instead. Did you know its illegal in LA to be "habitually unemployed" or that all those WWE, WWF "wrestling" matches in the Superdome are illegal, violation of RS 4:75? Why do they even bother writing laws in Baton Rouge?

Last edited:

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    I'm having a long running " debate " with someone about the legality of carrying a loaded and chambered firearm in a vehicle . This clown says that you may NOT have a round chambered . I cannot convince him otherwise . Neither of us can find legal language to support our position .

Let the clown think what he wants. There are so many stupid people out there, that are stupid because they want to be stupid, that it is not worth your effort to convince them otherwise because you will never be able to do so. Let them wallow in their ignorance.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom