Vehicle carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    2011 Louisiana Laws
    Revised Statutes
    TITLE 4 — Amusements and sports
    RS 4:75 — Sham or fake contests or exhibitions

Universal Citation: LA Rev Stat § 4:75
    §75. Sham or fake contests or exhibitions

Whoever conducts or is a party to any sham or fake boxing contest or mixed technique event shall forfeit his license and shall not thereafter be entitled to receive any license pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter. Such person or persons shall be subject to fines as set forth in R.S. 4:65(C). Participants in a professional wrestling event are exempt from the provisions of this Section.

Acts 1974, No. 553, §1; Acts 2007, No. 90, §1.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    ... I mentioned that some use suppressors to help eradicate the hogs. What? No. Its called a silencer and they're illegal. Suppressors are ok. No way you can hunt them after dark either... I think the people who are somewhat acquainted with firearms and legalities of are the worst.
    What about a muffler? Lol

nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe
    2011 Louisiana Laws
    Revised Statutes
    TITLE 4 — Amusements and sports
    RS 4:75 — Sham or fake contests or exhibitions

Universal Citation: LA Rev Stat § 4:75
    §75. Sham or fake contests or exhibitions

Whoever conducts or is a party to any sham or fake boxing contest or mixed technique event shall forfeit his license and shall not thereafter be entitled to receive any license pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter. Such person or persons shall be subject to fines as set forth in R.S. 4:65(C). Participants in a professional wrestling event are exempt from the provisions of this Section.

Acts 1974, No. 553, §1; Acts 2007, No. 90, §1.

I didnt know they were "professionals". I would think a "professional" wrestling match would be the kind you see in the Olympics or your local high school or university(not the ones that take place in the dorms :rofl:)

I also notice that this was passed in Acts in '74 and '07. I bet that last exemption line was added in 2007. I dont think WWE or WWF was popular or even existed in 1974. So if thats the case they were still illegal from '74-'07. Assuming thats what the Act in '07 amended. Whats the statue of limitations? I love to see that wrestling crap stop in the State. We look bad enough all on our own. We dont need to play host to white trash fungames for the whole world to see.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Like Texass. People for whatever reason in the rest of the U.S. seem to think Texas is gun friendly. Theyre not. Their full of bullshitte. When I lived there not only could you not open carry but you couldnt have a loaded firearm in the vehicle and it had to be in the trunk of a vehicle whose trunk did not have passenger compartment access or it had to be in a locked compartment. Couldnt even keep it in your glovebox if said glovebox didnt have a lock on it.

I dont know when you left Texas but we made a trip over there for a possible move and since I think it was 2007 the Texas Motorist Protection Act gives drivers a lot of rights back. They also now allow you get a permit to open carry. Which is stupid but it is what it is. I was shocked that Texas is less gun friendly than Louisiana. But at least they are headed in the right direction.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I got drug to one a few years ago, it's definitely interesting to see what lowest common denominator really means.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm having a long running " debate " with someone about the legality of carrying a loaded and chambered firearm in a vehicle . This clown says that you may NOT have a round chambered . I cannot convince him otherwise . Neither of us can find legal language to support our position .

So let me see. If a thug tries to car-jack or just rob me I need to tell him to wait a minute till I rack my slide and take it off safe?
    NOT!
    Wingate

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I would think a "professional" wrestling match would be the kind you see in the Olympics or your local high school or university

Just the opposite. Olympics, college and high school are "Amateur" because no money changes hands. You must be pretty young if you don't remember Dixie Wrestling at the old Teamster's Hall. My family was involved in promoting these matches from the late 50s until the late 70s, when everything went to WWE/WWF, etc. Anybody remember Jack & Frank Dalton, Sputnik Monroe, JYD (Junk Yard Dog), etc.?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Just the opposite. Olympics, college and high school are "Amateur" because no money changes hands. You must be pretty young if you don't remember Dixie Wrestling at the old Teamster's Hall. My family was involved in promoting these matches from the late 50s until the late 70s, when everything went to WWE/WWF, etc. Anybody remember Jack & Frank Dalton, Sputnik Monroe, JYD (Junk Yard Dog), etc.?

I remember going to the Rasling matches at the old White House that was downtown across from the old OLOL hospital, it later moved to the old teamsters hall, Junk yard dog used to visit the one man gang,who lived across the street from me in Port Allen and married a girl down our street. I think the promoters name back then was Jimmy Kilshaw,who worked for EBR sheriffs office.

nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe
    Just the opposite. Olympics, college and high school are "Amateur" because no money changes hands.

You are obviously correct and I did know that but when I made that comment I was thinking "professional" in the sense of the personal attribute not in the grade level classification. :)

Talon65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Oak Harbor Washington
    Top Bottom