Vehicle Mounting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evan632

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Jefferson
    I'm trying to mount a holster setup in an 02 F150 SuperCrew, somewhere around the center console. Any ideas on which holster will work in that space?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If you are a fan of the Serpa, here is one option. Also, the same logic could be used for other platforms. Towards the end, i speak specifically to vehicle mounting.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I use my drink holder in 2009 Tundra....No BS! Works like a charm.

Until you have to slam on your breaks and it goes flying under the seat or onto the floorboard as the driver gets out with a gun because in his mind, you caused an accident.

you may want to consider securing it more responsibly. Besides, where will you put your beer when you light your joint...come on man, use your head. ;)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    As mentioned B4 the options are VERY limited, SERPA is one IF you are a fan of them which unfurtunetly I am not but it doest take away from them and their products.

Another option would be to make something with Kydex I am actually in the process of making one for my G19 and it will be mounted on the center console of my BMW, in between my right knee and console easy to reach place, it will be attached with velcro and canted to about 50 degrees.

Also as mentioned by BRannon the main reasson to secure them is not only making sure its in the same spot when you need it but also the ensure she wont fly away in case of an accident, I was actually involved in a rear collision about a year ago and I used to carry my gun just pinched between my seat and my leg and she actually flew away and slammed the floor pretty hard at the time I carried a 1911 so the chances of an AD was higher.

I will post pictures soon once I finish, there wont be any damage done to the vehicle other than the velcro being put on it

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Until you have to slam on your breaks and it goes flying under the seat or onto the floorboard as the driver gets out with a gun because in his mind, you caused an accident.

you may want to consider securing it more responsibly. Besides, where will you put your beer when you light your joint...come on man, use your head. ;)

I understand the safety aspect, but the 2009 Tundra has five drink holders on or near the cosole. The center holder next to the shift lever is deeper than the average cup holder. I hate to tell you, in the 3 years I have used this, my P229 has never and I mean never popped out. It has tilted to the passenger side a few times on hard turns, but other than that. I got to stick with my assessment of its usefulness. Unconventional? Yes.

I drive alot up here in Baton Rouge, and these folks haven't cornered the market on great driving. So sudden stops on Airline Highway or the I-10 because the knucklhead in front of me is cheking a text is all too common.

That gun cost a lot of money, and I take care of my stuff! All of my stuff. If that gun flew out of that cup holder 1 time and whacked up against the dashboard, that would be the last time it did.

But it hasn't. Sorry to dissappoint.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I understand the safety aspect, but the 2009 Tundra has five drink holders on or near the cosole. The center holder next to the shift lever is deeper than the average cup holder. I hate to tell you, in the 3 years I have used this, my P229 has never and I mean never popped out. It has tilted to the passenger side a few times on hard turns, but other than that. I got to stick with my assessment of its usefulness. Unconventional? Yes.

I drive alot up here in Baton Rouge, and these folks haven't cornered the market on great driving. So sudden stops on Airline Highway or the I-10 because the knucklhead in front of me is cheking a text is all too common.

That gun cost a lot of money, and I take care of my stuff! All of my stuff. If that gun flew out of that cup holder 1 time and whacked up against the dashboard, that would be the last time it did.

But it hasn't. Sorry to dissappoint.

I hope your luck holds out. I have wedged it between the seat also. Perhaps when you are rear ended and it bounces off the windshield and permanently scars your forehead, you will change.

Hope that never happens, but something to consider. All that matter in the end is that you are satisfied with it., not matter how little sense it makes in light of more appropriate options. ;)

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I use my drink holder in 2009 Tundra....No BS! Works like a charm.
    glock.JPG

:mamoru:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Funny you posted that pic, Max, I was searching for something the other day and ran across that very pic LOL.

To the OP, what particular gun is it that you are wanting the holster for, as I may have something that was designed specifically for what you want, if its the right gun.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I have a friend who mounts a 357 on the lower part of his steering column (with in easy reach, but some what out of site from outside the vehicle) He mounted a holster with a bit of velcro. (You could come up with other mounting ideas for a similar set up with a little imagination) Example maybe put a piece of an old leather belt in the belt slot on the holser then screw it to the plastic. or Duct tape

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Mounting it to the "knee board" under the steering wheel is a good spot if you can spare the knee room, but if you were in a bad crash, you can thank your convenient hiding spot for destroying your knee. I was rear ended in my mustang, not too bad, but my knee was injured from hitting the panel, probably would have had some permanent damage had even a small gun been there

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Do you have the narrow or wide top console? Does the panel under the steering wheel have a pocket already? I'm very familiar with those trucks and doing custom stuff, so if you need help, just let me know

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The Tundra Cup holders were made to hold guns! The Double cupholder holds my XD9sc in its dual carry holster perfectly and the back cup holder holds my PF9 perfectly. They never go anywhere no matter how I drive.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Just a side note,,,after reading this thread,,,when mounting in the vehicle, care should be taken to take into consideration AIR BAG deployment. Besides the steering wheel,,many cars/trucks now have side air bags. Probably not a big deal as most mounting locations will be clear of the air bags should they deploy, but worth considering in any case.

opusx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm trying to mount a holster setup in an 02 F150 SuperCrew, somewhere around the center console. Any ideas on which holster will work in that space?

Here's my work in progress. I mounted mine inside the center console of my 09 Tahoe so that it's completely out of sight. I believe the F-150 has a similar center console setup. I'm a lefty so the cross draw mount works best for me. I really like the Quick Disconnect System. I may have to look in to that!

Top Bottom