Video: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Harvard Law Professor
    -Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical"

“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge,” Dershowitz said. “There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.”

BOOM!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Thats what I 'm talkin bout...

There is NO evidence yet seen that will get a conviction. and with AD on why isn't in the affidavit NOW ??

It's like he says, the dog and pony show and then the plea attempt. I really hope prosecutors try a plea bargain and Zimmerman's lawyer takes them to trial...just where the DA does NOT want to go.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    just where the DA does NOT want to go.

Which is why she OVER-charged like he said. Hoping to plea down to some form of manslaughter. According to this Law professor even that would be a LONG shot as in his opinion this is a classic case of Self-Defense.

Well at least someone with some weight has weighed in on the subject from a professional point of view.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    And I'm glad to hear it...I was beginning to wonder

I'm predicting that Zimmerman will walk...but it may take awhile.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Zimmerman is a fool if he plea bargains..... There you have it, from a liberal law professor at that. This whole thing stinks.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    then again he might do so thinking he's saving his own skin.

At this point, and I hate to say it, but he's damned either way. If he pleas, he goes to jail for a long time and hopefully they protect him. If he's found not guilty, he lives the rest of his life in fear or gets killed.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    At this point, and I hate to say it, but he's damned either way. If he pleas, he goes to jail for a long time and hopefully they protect him. If he's found not guilty, he lives the rest of his life in fear or gets killed.

I'd take my chances on the outside...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    CNN has headlines saying "Affidavit says Zimmermann profiled Martin".

Wait what?

The very 911 tapes out publicly prove not. How can Zimermann profile someone before knowing what color they were!?

Zimmermann didn't even know what color the young man was until AFTER Martin started walking towards him.

...and even in the Affidavit they now declare that Zimmermann did not say 'Coon' he said 'Punk' and that's now an official statement made IN the affidavit by the prosecutorial(not defense) staff.

and even still, is profiling unlawful for a civilian to do? :confused:
    I think not/.

they also stateseveral things in there that will not be able to be proven.
    What the girlfriend said, and whether or not Zimmermann kept following Martin. There's no witness to either.

they also skip the entire fight scene and go straight to Zimmermann shooting Martin.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    They're complaint doesn't sound like the 911 call.

They're alleging BS and are gonna let him walk when things cool down.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dershowitz, eh? You might want to research that damned fool... HIS opinion means JACK to me as he's very much anti-American in his opinions. Could he be protecting one of "his own"? I'm certain the ACLU will either denounce the affidavit or remain mum, too.

Alan Derahowitz... He should be deported.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As far as what the tapes say; they can be "made" to say whatever one wishes them to say.

I'd say I'm a very high-level user of several softwares used in the Auto Industry (and elsewhere) for analyzing, deconstruction and synthesizing sound files.

So I'll not be swayed either way about what Z allegedly said.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    she could also just be placating to the voter pool, and passing the buck onto the judge/jury to find him not guilty... that way she looks like she "tried" and the judge/jury were the ones that "let him off".

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    They're complaint doesn't sound like the 911 call.

They're alleging BS and are gonna let him walk when things cool down.

she could also just be placating to the voter pool, and passing the buck onto the judge/jury to find him not guilty... that way she looks like she "tried" and the judge/jury were the ones that "let him off".

Ding Ding FTW...we needs a pool, guilty or walk...I say walk, but later

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Its not unheard of for a prosecution to bring up charges that are harder to prove in the hopes that the defendant will be found not guilty since there isn't enough evidence. Its happened before, maybe this is the case (and she is just playing it for votes?). People like saying "charge him with murder" but its a hard nut to prove, the whole beyond a shadow of a doubt casts a long shadow its hard to buck. Look at Casey Anthony, just because she was accused of an extremely high profile crime didn't mean she was found guilty.

Top Bottom