Vintage Military Rifle and Carbine match, Palo Alto Range, Donadsonville, Sat Aug 16

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Saturday August 16th, Registration starts at 0700, Firing Starts at 0830.
    Trying out a new Match Program for all of us old rifle shooters, or people that want to try highpower. This will not be a registered CMP event, but will follow CMP Games rules with a few changes and can be found here
    http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/CMPGamesRules.pdf
    This will be fired fromt he 200yd line, and pits will be used. If you have never pulled pits before, more experienced shooters will be present to instruct you.

Course of fire is
    15 minutes to fire 5 sighters and 10 shots for record from the prone position, single load, slings may be used for support
    80 seconds to fire 10 shots for record with a mandatory reload from standing to prone, slings may be used for support
    10 minutes to fire 10 shots for record from the offhand postition, single load, no support may be used.

Eligible rifles will be ANY VINTAGE MILITARY RIFLE in use before 1965, BOLT, OR SEMI AUTO, in AS ISSUED CONDITION. No aftermarket triggers, heavy barrels, Match sights, unitized gas systems, free float tubes, shims or glass bedding allowed, with the exception of rifles which were manufactured with shims such as Finn 1939's . All new parts must conform to as issued dimensions however carefull assembly and adjustment of parts is allowed.
    In addition, M16/ar15a1 type rifles will be allowed, as will 16" ar15 carbines of a1/a2/a3/ or m4 configuration which confirm to the rules above of no FF tubes, match sights, heavy barrels, and aftermarket triggers. RED DOT AIMPOINT SIGHTS will be allowed on 16" carbines only.

This is a very fun course of fire, it takes an average of 1hr per relay to shoot.
    IN addition, if we have enough people interested, we may allow re entries after the first match is over if you wish to fire two different rifles, this decision will be made on the day of the match.

Spare equipment such as spotting scopes and shooting mats will be availible for use as well.
    In addition you must have a way to rapidly releoad your rifle using either a magazine or stripper clip.

Directions to the range can be found here
    http://www.paloaltogunclub.org/directions.htm
    Entry fee is $15.
    Any questions can be asked here on this thread or email me at jklaws@louisianashooting.com

Last edited:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Optics are not allowed, only Red dot type sights, and trust me, the Red Dot type sight is at the disadvantage, but Im trying to get people out to come shoot, and a lot of people have carbines with Red dot's.

Besides these matches are won and lost in Offhand.

gunner_lee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Pollock, La
    Besides these matches are won and lost in Offhand.[/QUOTE]

A more true statement hasn't been uttered...... You can seriously drop major points if there's a breeze blowing at the pits and not at the firing points. You can make up points in prone slow fire but standing offhand is a biotch if you don't practice it. I would love to try my hand with an Enfield #4Mk1 or my Dad's bringback Arisaka just to say I did it.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I may have to get aome supplies and reloading equipment to load up sone match rounds for my Mosin m28 30, this may be just what I was looking for....

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You can bring two? I've always wanted to run my M47 Madsen rifle. But I never would've before I ran my Remington 1903a3.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom