Visit to Honey Island 9/24/11

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Went out to the Honey Island range last Saturday for some birthday shooting. It feels like I didn't shoot all summer. So I took my SW99 .40, SR9c, and Yugo AK out for some fun. Maybe some of you were there.

I'm really noticing/feeling the difference between 9mm and .40. Switching between trigger styles takes some getting used to. I found my rhythm after a couple mags of each and the plates started falling. I'm confident with both pistols. The SW99 is my first gun but I love the way the SR9c shoots as far as comfort and accuracy. Did some rapid fire, one hand and off hand shooting. Need some off hand work but that will come in time.

My lady friend brought her Beretta 92 (compact?) to get more acquainted. She's not a bad shot. She just needs to shoot more often. We both do.

Went over to the rifle line with Yugo and tried to improve upon my first outing (0 hits). After a mag or so, I found my alignment and adjusted my front post resulting in a lot of consistent contact with the plate until I knocked it loose. After about 60 rounds, those synthetic handguards get HOT. Any suggestions? The lady friend didn't want to shoot it for fear of bruising her shoulder. Maybe next time.

All in all, it was a great shoot. My best outing yet. I just wish we would've gotten there with more than an hour to shoot. We both actually still have ammo left but I know how to fix that ;).

Top Bottom