vortex viper scopes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clifton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    houma louisiana
    any body have any opions they would like to share on these scopes? the price is right but i haven't seen one. how do they compare to leupold, nikon and nightforce?

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Vortex makes good stuff. The stuff I got to look through was clear glass, but it lacked the contrast that the my bushnell 4200 had. Ive seen the PST line and the Razor line.

As far as the brands listed, the razor would be close to nightforce, pst line close to bushnell tactical and leupold, Id put all of them above the basic nikon stuff.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy a Vortex product though.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Vortex PST 2.5-10 on my AR. A few people on here have looked through it that have MUCH nicer scopes and they were amazed by nice it was. I love it. My best experience was in 55* weather, on and of rain/drizzle all day, and no problems whatsoever. It didn;t ever fog up, and when the sun was setting, it kept soaking up light. I looked at the Nightforce, and loved it, but it was out of stock at the time, but it was definately hard to tell the diference between it and the Vortex, and the Vortex was half the price.

It blows the Nikons out of the water, and the leupold's that are anywhere near it's price, don't even compare. I bought mine with the idea of getting a Ziess or Swarovski, but I just could not focus on the reticles at all. The Vortex just popped, and my eye was able to pick it up instantly without effort.

I bought mine at Sport Optics. They took the time to show me literally EVERYTHING until I found what I wanted, and I saved $600 over what I had planned to spend.

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    I've got a pst 1-4 with the milrad reticle and the glass is very clear, on par with my Leupold Mark 4 I've owned in the past but I'm really not impressed with the size of the reticle when magnified at 4x ,can't really see the hash marks I was under the impression that the magnification would magnify the reticle but its not so , it stays the same size throughout the range other than that it is imo the best scope for the money I researched it extensively.
    The turrets have a very positive feel the illumination is nice and bright even in daylight even though I have read many places that it wasn't lastly it has an outstanding transferable no questions asked lifetime warranty and customer service second to no one.
    On a scale of 1 thru 10 I'd give it a very solid 9 .

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Everything that I have heard from others, have not used one YET, is that it is a great piece of equipment. It is by far the best quality that you can get for that price range. The fact that it is Vet owed and operated in the US makes it that much more appealing to me.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I currently compete with the Viper PST 6x24 front focal plane model, I have used Leupold, Burris, and SSwfa before this one. I love mine. I think it's much better quality than Leupold for less $$.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I have a 4-16x PST FFP on a 700... good scope for the money. I find it gets slightly less clear at the max magnification, but still very good. I understand the 6-24x doesn't have that issue... who knows. Vortex Customer Service is 2nd to none, I needed the optic for a precision rifle course and they went out of their way to help me get one in time.

I think the Vortex is comparable to the Leupold's. Nightforce seemed to have slightly better glass and was built like a tank. For the same features it would have been 2x as much though.

Top Bottom