Vote Yes on 2! We Have a Problem Folks! Let Me Explain.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am a staunch and outspoken supporter for the 2A and gun rights, and as such am constantly imploring people to get into hunting, shooting sports, self defense, CHP, and/or any type of legal gun activity. In my own office I have sevaral other hunters, gun owners, ex-military (with guns), sportsmen, and people that have casual gun ownership. Yesterday I receieved my "Vote Yes on 2" yard signs, which I quickly assembled and brought outside. Many of my employees were asking me what it was for.

No one, and I mean no one other than me knew what the hell this Amendment meant; what it was for; or that it was even on the Nov. 6 ballot.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going to have a problem with this if we don't get the word out. If I have as many people in my 2 offices that didn't know what this was; I can only imagine those gun owners that do not sit in an office with a staunch supporter as myself.

I worry! :(

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Problem right now is the NRA isn't even preaching to the choir, they are preaching to the preacher. I can't believe there hasn't been some sort of media advertisements

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is just as much OUR responsibility as citizens too. Afterall, this will benefit us.

I like to think the ads will come as we near judgment day.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    This is just as much OUR responsibility as citizens too. Afterall, this will benefit us.

I like to think the ads will come as we near judgment day.

Oh, I can't count the times I have explained the amendment, and I have distributed signs. I would just like to see more positive advertisement other than the signs. Oh, and the only sign I have seen up are the ones I put up.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I need some yard signs. Can someone ever so kindly point me in the direction of the email address someone posted recently to get a few. Thanks.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Question: and it is a stupid one.

When voting on a constitutional amendment is it decided on the amount of yes votes versus the amount of no voted? Or is a certain amount of yes voted required for it to pass? Say only 1'000 people vote on the issue, and 501 people vote yes. Does that mean it passes?

I know it's a dumb question.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Question: and it is a stupid one.

When voting on a constitutional amendment is it decided on the amount of yes votes versus the amount of no voted? Or is a certain amount of yes voted required for it to pass? Say only 1'000 people vote on the issue, and 501 people vote yes. Does that mean it passes?

I know it's a dumb question.

It's on the ballot-simple majority!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Did anyone else see the news coverage on WAFB a week or so ago? They did a brief segment on this. They talked about how a win on this would strengthen rights for gun owners. Hopefully a lot of people were watching that broadcast.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I am a staunch and outspoken supporter for the 2A and gun rights, and as such am constantly imploring people to get into hunting, shooting sports, self defense, CHP, and/or any type of legal gun activity. In my own office I have sevaral other hunters, gun owners, ex-military (with guns), sportsmen, and people that have casual gun ownership. Yesterday I receieved my "Vote Yes on 2" yard signs, which I quickly assembled and brought outside. Many of my employees were asking me what it was for.

No one, and I mean no one other than me knew what the hell this Amendment meant; what it was for; or that it was even on the Nov. 6 ballot.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going to have a problem with this if we don't get the word out. If I have as many people in my 2 offices that didn't know what this was; I can only imagine those gun owners that do not sit in an office with a staunch supporter as myself.

I worry! :(

Emperor I will ask this. Did you know about all the other amendments in detail that are also on the ballot? If like me, the answer is "No". These amendments are all rarely publicized around here. So don't be surprised others are unaware. The trick is to do what we are doing and get the word out. I took care of my work and know I am looking for my neighbors.

I need some yard signs. Can someone ever so kindly point me in the direction of the email address someone posted recently to get a few. Thanks.

I have extras also if someone in BR needs one.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Did anyone else see the news coverage on WAFB a week or so ago? They did a brief segment on this. They talked about how a win on this would strengthen rights for gun owners. Hopefully a lot of people were watching that broadcast.

WAFB always seems to support gun positions and causes. WBRZ & NBC33 wouldn't even take the courtesy to respond when the Friends of NRA requested to come on their show and talk about the fundraising Banquet in August.

Not saying that I definitively know their positions on gun issues, but when you meticulously follow their own guidelines to request an appearance, and they don't even respond with a; "Sorry!" a "No Thanks!" or even an "F You!", that seems telling enough.

Now, if someone more knowledgeable than me, doesn't request an appearance with all three newscasts to talk about this Amendment; I will try myself.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Emperor I will ask this. Did you know about all the other amendments in detail that are also on the ballot? If like me, the answer is "No". These amendments are all rarely publicized around here. So don't be surprised others are unaware. The trick is to do what we are doing and get the word out. I took care of my work and know I am looking for my neighbors.

I have extras also if someone in BR needs one.

I did know about the others, only because I am a political news junkie; and because I don't necessarily think tinkering with the state Constitution is always a good thing. I questioned this one too. It took me a while to warm up to this. And you are right, It needs to be explained to lay people.

My surprise is that it was a pretty big deal to pass this in the Legislature. Alot of political insiders I know didn't give this much of a chance to get through, and those of you that watched that circus may agree; and alot of so called "gun" people didn't then and still have no clue about this.

Indeed we need to get the word out.

I requested 2 signs initiall and got them; but would like to have more if you have more at your disposal. If not, I can easily order some more through the proper channels.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I gave some info and bumper stickers to lnsvince, he should have some at is shop in baton Rouge. L&s automotive

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom