Walmart Can Shove It!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I literally have a Walmart within 5 miles of me in any direction I travel from my home. You know how often I shop there? Never.

Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc have RUINED so many small businesses that you probably couldn't count them all. I refuse to do business with them.

I don't want to buy my tires, groceries and clothes in the same place. I prefer quality over quantity.

Damn.....We finally agree on something lol
    I'm proud of U:}

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I've watched several of the documentaries on wal-mart. Their practices are pure evil. I do my best to avoid that place at all costs with the exceptions of nobody else has what I'm looking for or its too late so everyone else is closed.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I literally have a Walmart within 5 miles of me in any direction I travel from my home. You know how often I shop there? Never.

Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc have RUINED so many small businesses that you probably couldn't count them all. I refuse to do business with them.

I don't want to buy my tires, groceries and clothes in the same place. I prefer quality over quantity.

BAH!!!

If I have a choice between cheap Chinese $**T at one place, or cheap Chinese $**T at another....

I'll take the lower price!

It would be different if 'mom and pop' sold American, or were TRULY 'mom and pop', but they are not!

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I've been a salaried manager in one form or another for the past 10 years what is this overtime you speak of????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 2

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Well said IMHO
    Thank you for your comments...

Bayoupiper sorry that she is getting treated that way!

Also thank you sportbud for your honest, actual employee of Wal-Mark view.

As far a shoving it, I feel Wal-Mark is shoving it in the rear of it's employee's and the general public every day so I say

pa5ot4jiz976wlkf66yx.jpg
    As a small business owner we do.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I worked for Walmart for 1.5 years when I was in college. The time I was there wasn't horrible but I ended up quitting because they couldn't give a $?*! how hard you worked for them. I did get OT working there but I also helped setup two stores (the one on College drive which sucked to work at and the one in Donaldsonville which I still can't understand why it does have a Tire and Lube Express). But working at Walmart sure beat working at Home Depot.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Unfortunately, This is becoming the "New Norm". My wife worked at one of the 'largest" hospitals in Alexandria for 17 years and finally couldn't take it any more. Rarely did she make a 40 hour week. If the census of the hospital fell below a certain number of beds occupied, (and that number was always being revised downward), they would send you home 2 to 3 hours early even if you had work to complete. Recently the hospital changed the benefits for newly hired employees and they will not be eligible for the pension plan!:boink:

The ride is going to get bumpy folks!!!!:peep:

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    As far as Walmart: one only needs to walk in there and see the majority of the clientele and you will understand why Walmart is what it is. And there is never any guarantee in life folks? Especially at Walmart. I guess this is clear to me but maybe others are delusional.

As Far as jobs in this country: It is headed to a part time country mostly due to the Government policies i.e: Obamacare and others supported by both parties. Oh yes it can and will be blamed on the big corporations and fat cats and some of this will be true. But make no mistake the government is pushing it this way. It is how it is desired( People in need of help from of big brother so they can be controlled) and the rules are stacked in their favor. History repeats itself unless we stay educated.

IMHO

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    How LOW will you go?

I stopped going to Walmart when they got rid of the cashiers and added more self checkouts.

Ah...A friend of mine told me how he was over and over trying to be persuaded to use one of Wal-Marks self check out registers by an elderly female employee!

She kept giving him her canned Wal-Mark speech, "Don't let it intimidate you Sir, Don't be afraid to try something new" she repeated it to every customer as they approached the self check out registers and seemed hesitant to use them.

My friend finally had enough and approached the lady in a kindly fashion and asked her had she though about the fact that by pushing folks to use the self check out that she would soon be out of a job herself by doing that.

Her reply he told me was" UH I never though of that" hummmm and said your right sir I'm driving nails in my own coffin aren't I?

Don't drink the Wal-Mark Kool-Aid!

ct2zvux8ed22gzjhrcb5.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Perfectly normal for businesses to reign in overtime. Sometimes; it actually necessary to stay solvent!

Don't look at Wal-Mart any differently just because it's Wal-Mart. There are businesses that work on fractions of net profit and cannot (even if they sincerely want to), provide their employees with benefits and there are many that make ridiculous margins and can afford to adorn their employees with all sort of fringe benefits.

Top Bottom