walmart rules the world

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Great comeback. I don;t know why others don;t see it!

It's all a matter of what you want your community to look like. If all you want are big box retails and chain restaurants and no locally owned businesses, then shop at the Big Boxes and eat at the Applebees. Maybe locally owned businesses aren't necessary and the quality of life will stay good when they close.

If you don't mind pot holes in the street and run down schools, save your sales tax and shop on the internet.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    My problem buying from the local mom and pops are the prices, when made in Russia import Monarch 7.62 is $4.99 at Academy and similar Russian import 20 ct boxes are $19 at the mom and pop I will buy at Academy any day. Sure at $5.99 or even $6.99 the mom and pops would get my business, but at nearly 4 times the price from the big box store, I can't help feeling like I am being ripped off.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    A lot of the time I just hold onto my DL tight when they go to grab it and they give up and read it. The few times they did not I tell them I will not hand it over due to security reasons and they will normally let it slide, only refused a couple of times and I kindly told them they could keep their merchandise and walked out of the store.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Springhill
    It's all a matter of what you want your community to look like. If all you want are big box retails and chain restaurants and no locally owned businesses, then shop at the Big Boxes and eat at the Applebees. Maybe locally owned businesses aren't necessary and the quality of life will stay good when they close.

If you don't mind pot holes in the street and run down schools, save your sales tax and shop on the internet.

Complicated issues w/ no easy answers. I support mom and pop stores, including LGS, whenever I can. OTOH, If I am going to buy ammo in my town, it will have to come from WM as there is no other store in town that carries ammo. In addition, there is only one store in town that sells guns, a pawn shop that's new to the business and has a limited stock. If I want to patronize a "local" gun store, it will be a 2 hour drive round trip. At current gas prices, that's an extra $15 to my bill. The good news is that at least the local gas station will benefit from my trip to the LGS 60 miles away. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom