Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Wally world isn't on a true downslide.
    They did announce closures of a scrap load of stores and are cutting the work force by 52%. This is directly related to the plan they started to put into play early this year.

In an attempt to gain public opinion of their competitors, which have been taking more and more of the market share, they had to appeal to youth. To do this they are increasing their minimum wage across the board, in some cases doubling benefits, offering free higher ed, and increasing the amount of paid vacation and sick time each employee gets. Of course Wal-Mart wont be taking a financial hit on this, they are cutting jobs equal to the new fiscal burden.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Also if y'all score some guns check for rebates. Marlin and savage have them right now. The 45-70 is on sale for 300 but there's a 50 rebate on top of that. Sent mine off today so I'll end up getting it for 250. You can also open a wall mart credit card for 10% off on 299 or more purchase. I did not do that tho. Couple that with tax free weekend this weekend and you can get a massive deal if you find them.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Im sure there will a few more sales items soon.They have closed hundreds of stores and many 1000s more to close if all goes well.They are looking at closing all stores and opening small wal mart markets with food only.They are testing it out at a few stores now by closing automotive,jewerly,etc.. Wally is on the down slide.I think it would be great.The ma and pa stores could flourish and many could make many jobs out of it.Where will all the Wal mart workers go,well if trump has his way with the wall,there will be many filed jobs available!!!

So what's the timetable on closing "many 1000s" of walmart stores? Surely you have the inside scoop on it?

Walmart announced closing 154 stores in the USA in 2016. And it was a mix of superstores, neighborhood stores, and walmart express. No doubt walmart is closing less profitable locations, streamlining their retail markets per a changing economy. That is just good business, efficient business, especially with $15 an hour minimum wage looming. Clinton will complete what Obama has initiated, if elected in November.

Walmart's total annual sales for the last 3 years were 470 billion dollars per year. Over twice what Apple's were. And way more than Exxon Mobil or Royal Dutch (Shell)
    Walmart is the largest business in the world.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I picked up a Ruger American 30-06 yesterday morning. They only had one. They had 1 Ruger American 243 left. I missed out on the Marlin 4570. They had 2 Savage skinny barrel 22 Magnums for $99. I think the Mossberg that was on sale was an auto shotgun.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    The one in Houma(Grand Caillou Rd.)had a couple of .308's and .22's and at least one Mossberg shotgun(looked like a semi auto)this morning. I went there for an air rifle because none around Metairie had them discounted. Saved over $75.00 on a Benjamin .177. I wanted a .22 but they were sold out. Nice drive too!

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    Picked up a 45/70 and a 22 auto. 45/70 was 299 but was not one of the UPC codes mentioned in the rebates. 22 was 64 bucks. Could not pass them up just need to break the news to my wife now

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I picked up a Ruger American 30-06 yesterday morning. They only had one. They had 1 Ruger American 243 left. I missed out on the Marlin 4570. They had 2 Savage skinny barrel 22 Magnums for $99. I think the Mossberg that was on sale was an auto shotgun.
    Which Wal-Mart. I'm in for $99 22

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Which Wal-Mart. I'm in for $99 22

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Don't wait too long with the weekend here. What's left may go fast. The store in Houma had at least one there this morning. I'd call before going. There's a guy(no name)you might be able to get him to hold it for you.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Bought the last Savage 93F 22 Mag rifle this morning in Jennings, LA. Was $99 and Savage has a $25 rebate coupon. Nice pricing and good deal. Only problem is the rifle does not have the AccuTrigger as advertised on Savage's website. Called Savage customer service when I got home and they stated that the Savage rifles contracted to Walmart are provided with standard Savage triggers at request of Walmart. Don't know how true or not, but that is what he said. Also, was advised that the receiver on the 93F I purchased from Walmart will not retrofit a AccuTrigger. Sad news. Anyway, for my trouble, they are sending me a spare 5 round mag for the rifle.

If you bought one of these with the standard trigger, it is rough and tough. Good news is there is a Youtube fella that shows you how to shim the trigger group and fixes the trigger somewhat. I added the shim and it did vastly improve the let off and the tough pull. The creep is still slightly there, but the let off is crisper and lighter.

To summarize: Good rifle for a total of $74 after rebate from Savage. Walmart in Jennings had CCI 22 mag ammo (limit 3 per person). Like the rifle and is very much fun to shoot now with minor trigger mod. You all have a great weekend and good luck to those looking for good deals on rifles this weekend.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Bought the last Savage 93F 22 Mag rifle this morning in Jennings, LA. Was $99 and Savage has a $25 rebate coupon. Nice pricing and good deal. Only problem is the rifle does not have the AccuTrigger as advertised on Savage's website. Called Savage customer service when I got home and they stated that the Savage rifles contracted to Walmart are provided with standard Savage triggers at request of Walmart. Don't know how true or not, but that is what he said. Also, was advised that the receiver on the 93F I purchased from Walmart will not retrofit a AccuTrigger. Sad news. Anyway, for my trouble, they are sending me a spare 5 round mag for the rifle.

If you bought one of these with the standard trigger, it is rough and tough. Good news is there is a Youtube fella that shows you how to shim the trigger group and fixes the trigger somewhat. I added the shim and it did vastly improve the let off and the tough pull. The creep is still slightly there, but the let off is crisper and lighter.

To summarize: Good rifle for a total of $74 after rebate from Savage. Walmart in Jennings had CCI 22 mag ammo (limit 3 per person). Like the rifle and is very much fun to shoot now with minor trigger mod. You all have a great weekend and good luck to those looking for good deals on rifles this weekend.

What other rifles do they have on sale there? I am only 8 miles away from them.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    They had a few Ruger American rifles on sale for about $199 which seemed really good. I didn't need another hunting rifle so I didn't ask about many others. It may be worth your while to visit them tomorrow to see what may be left. Have a nice field trip and a great weekend.

josh62685

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    houma, la
    The one in Houma(Grand Caillou Rd.)had a couple of .308's and .22's and at least one Mossberg shotgun(looked like a semi auto)this morning. I went there for an air rifle because none around Metairie had them discounted. Saved over $75.00 on a Benjamin .177. I wanted a .22 but they were sold out. Nice drive too!
    The nitro piston model? I have the benjamin .22 wooden pump. Its 15 years old and still works fine and is dead on every shot

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    They had a few Ruger American rifles on sale for about $199 which seemed really good. I didn't need another hunting rifle so I didn't ask about many others. It may be worth your while to visit them tomorrow to see what may be left. Have a nice field trip and a great weekend.

Thanks! I would be interested in a .243. Gonna be there bright and early. Road trip! :x:

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    The nitro piston model? I have the benjamin .22 wooden pump. Its 15 years old and still works fine and is dead on every shot

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wanted it in .22 but after getting home and shooting the .177 it's more than enough for what I need it for.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Walker walmart is out. They only had a few of each one on clearance.
    They just put out a Hatfield 12ga Auto shotgun that they are carrying now and they look pretty nice with wood stock for only $226 and a Hatfield single shot 12ga folding shotgun but also come in 20ga and 410 for $99 new. Both are Turkish guns.

Last edited:

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Picked up a 45/70 and a 22 auto. 45/70 was 299 but was not one of the UPC codes mentioned in the rebates. 22 was 64 bucks. Could not pass them up just need to break the news to my wife now

what are you talking about Marlin not part of the rebate? I did not see any UPC codes that would exclude it. I sent my rebate off...what I read it was any 1856 Marlin.

Opelousas has a bunch of things it looks like. Rugers and savages.

F51243C7-1C73-4A7E-9436-DF52E8E88712_zpsuulw5e3s.jpg

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom