Walther PPS 9MM

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    I looking for some info on the Walther PPS in 9MM. I thinking about getting one but would like some input. Pros and cons of the pistol. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Kilroy301

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    A few months ago I got the chance to shoot a 100 rounds out of my friend's PPS 9mm and I found it to be a very smooth and easy to shoot sub compact pistol. It points well and for a sub compact its very accurate. The only con in my book is the paddle magazine release.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I own a few Glocks. I had a chance to shoot the .40 version and found it to be very easy to shoot. It was very accurate. I would buy one if I was not already into Glocks.

george12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I have the PPS .40. Very nice, it is accurate, reliable but, tough on the hand to shoot. After about 30 rounds I have a bruised hand and a blood blister on my trigger finger. With a glove, it is fun to shoot. I hear the 9mm is not bad at all and most likely the range version of that design. One day, if the stars align properly, I would like to have the 9.

Toork

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Walther doesn't make any bad pistols IMO! The only downside to the PPS compared with competing pistols is price and it holds 1 less round compared with the XDS and shield. Luckily The PPS has been out for a while and you can pick up a good used one for a good price. The 1 round deficit would not bother me. I carry a XDS in 45. It's only 5+1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Iii ni a

Last edited:

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have one in 9mm and it's great. The only thing different about it for me was I had to shoot it with the different backstraps to see which one I shot best with. The one that felt good in my hand was not the one I shot best with. Adding a Limbsaver grip sleeve to it cranks up the feel and control even more. Have to admit I'm a Walther fan though. I've handled and fired Glocks, but never cared for them.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm a glock fan, but my absolute favorite guns are my walther P99 and my PPS. IMO The ergonomics are indisputably better than the glock

but walther mags and accessories are expensive as F, if that matters to ya

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom