"WARNING" Do not bring yours firearms to On Target llc in Kenner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Anything new?

Buddy probably not gonna move foward with it. He would lose money by going to small claims over 125 bucks for the coating cost. He has up to a year to act and I am talking with him trying to convince him to do it just on principle. If it were me I would go to court but it's not. So hopefully it will happen.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    You should show him this thread if he hasn't already seen it. If On Target realized how much business this was probably costing him, I'll bet he'd make good on the situation.

NINmm2k

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    River Ridge Louisiana
    I don't think he really cares about buisness. Had a budy call him for sh@#$ and giggles to get a quote. Of course no answer and has yet to receive a call back. Its almost been a year. What a joke.

NINmm2k

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    River Ridge Louisiana
    Already took that step. According to them there was no possible way the process was done correctly. They also mentioned getting other complaints about On Target LLC in Kenner. They did say they will investigate the matter. I should of known better when he said he did not have any samples of his work to show me or any color chips to select from. Live and learn.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    There is a gentleman that frequents my local shooting range who was looking for a 357 revolver, mainly because he had never owned one before. After a few months of looking, he bought a Taurus 357 snub ( I guess this where I should mention that the man is on a very tight budget due to the fact that he is a recent paraplegic and not able to work). Typical of the model, it began having issues with the child proof lock after a hundred rounds of 357. He brought the gun to On Target for repair. After a month, he got it back with a 1/4"hole bored in its side plate and a hardware store roll pin in the hole. Yes, you read it correctly, 1/4"!!! He explained that they removed the lock all together & charged him $150 to do it. All of us were in awe, none of us standing around wanted to be the one to break it to the man that his gun was ruined. After some coaxing, we explained that he had been taken. Apparently, he complained to On Target, because last I heard On Target shipped it back to Taurus, pin and all, and they agreed to replace the gun. My suspicion is, since John uses the same range for his classes, On Target replaced it themselves; we're not talking a Colt Python here. The bottom line is, if you would gouge the handicapped guy out of his last few dollars, nothing is sacred.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I am looking to get an AR cerakoted in the Kryptek pattern, after reading this thread and seeing those guys at several gun shows, I will definitely NOT be going to them for any work.

So, I know there's a guy up near BR who does pretty good work from what I understand but, I would like to find someone closer to the Westbank of NOLA if possible. I am looking for quality at a reasonable price and will make the drive to BR if I have to.

thnx,

NINmm2k

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    River Ridge Louisiana
    If we are talking about the same guy yes I have heard he is good. If you go to cerakote's Web site you will see a list of certified coaters. Make sure it says they are certified. Also just noticed On Target seems to be REMOVED from their list of coaters. They were never listed as certified but listed as a coater. I wonder why? Stick with certified and you should be ok.

NINmm2k

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    River Ridge Louisiana
    So On Target has met its demise. Sadly I am hearing horror stories from around town of customers not getting their guns back before John decided to pick up and leave. If there is any truth in these stories we would like to hear from those customers on here.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So On Target has met its demise. Sadly I am hearing horror stories from around town of customers not getting their guns back before John decided to pick up and leave. If there is any truth in these stories we would like to hear from those customers on here.

"Well, NINmm2k, have the lambs stopped screaming?"

:p

nola.bugler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    New Orleans
    I'm glad I never brought my guns to this swindler. I didn't have the necessary tools at the time and wanted to change out handguards on three different AR15 upper receivers. His cost for services were higher than I was willing to fork out so I found someone else. Lucky me: I was able to avoid getting into this mess and was able to find someone I trust to work on my guns.

I highly recommend Morey at Ordnance Research Manufacturing. He is very particular and OCD--exactly someone I want working on my firearms.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Not surprised by this at all. Very shady guy with some of the most horrific work I have ever seen. I am guessing the police will be catching up with him if he really took off with peoples guns. I didnt even think he was that dumb.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Hopefully they do catch up with him. This community we have amoung shooters should not have people like this doing business. Our hobby cost money and to have someone like this steal people's firearms and money is terrible. What's comes around goes around and his ass will get his one day. Members please watch out for people and businesses like this and let others know do this kinda crap doesn't get tolerated. Never knew by starting this thread for a buddy and to let people know of the work he was doing that it would come to stealing firearms and money and ruining people's guns. Hopefully soon we will hear that this piece of s%*# is in jail.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    Oh I can attest to the horror stories. I'm one of them. Worst business experience I've ever had. Had to take his mess over to Gretna Gun Works today to fix. I say today because he finally coughed up the money for parts (he literally lost ALL the internal parts on my 870) Sunday night. I'd been hounding him since mid June. It was like pulling teeth on a pit bull. Excuse after excuse. That's the short version. I'll still come up short on the parts cost but at least the gun will be operational soon.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Oh I can attest to the horror stories. I'm one of them. Worst business experience I've ever had. Had to take his mess over to Gretna Gun Works today to fix. I say today because he finally coughed up the money for parts (he literally lost ALL the internal parts on my 870) Sunday night. I'd been hounding him since mid June. It was like pulling teeth on a pit bull. Excuse after excuse. That's the short version. I'll still come up short on the parts cost but at least the gun will be operational soon.

We will do our best to fix it up for you! Thanks!

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    We will do our best to fix it up for you! Thanks!

No sir, THANK YOU! You had it up & running in 8 days flat after saying it would be 2-4 weeks initially. Much better than On Target's turnaround time. Thank you for fixing my Sig Grip as well.

Kidney Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    On Target LLC in Kenner kept my brand new shotgun for 14 weeks, did a terrible coating job and botched the modifications. Wasted time and money and now have to pay to get it corrected. Stay away.

Top Bottom