Warning light on dash

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brfd557

Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That is correct. You Basically start the onboard rediness test all over again.
    Could take a day or 2 before its finished.

WE can check your airbag. Honestly, I would fix it, because they do WORK.
    However when the light is on, the bags are disengaged and they will not fire off.

The Bags really dont just go off. They have even increased the dead blow mph for them too.

NOW if you wanna have some fun, we can take your airbag off, turn it upside down, and place a chair on it.
    You put on your helmet, gloves and body armor, and we will launch you in the air !
    YES, its gonna hurt. [ then again, Im not sure how much you weigh ]

Back in my Dealership days, since I was the shop foreman, I was the one to DEPLOY the airbags before returning them or discarding them.

THose things will shoot 30ft up in the air ! Freakin Crazy............
    I'm not sure of yours but I have a code that pulls up for the knock sensor and its under the intake manafold so I just clear code to go get sticker, but I only have to drive mine about 40-50 miles before I have enough info back on the computer, then I go get it and it passes every time.

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    brfd557.
    The reason you should have the knock sensor circuit repaired, is because when it sees a knock circuit failure, the ECM decreases timing to avoid "pinging" regardless if its pinging or not.
    [assuming you have "drive by wire" ]
    There is not a specific number, but dependent on
    engine temp, calculated load and other variables, it could be as much as 10 degrees.
    Thats a lot of power and fuel economy you are loosing by not having that specific circuit working correctly.
    email me with your VIN number and Ill give you a rough estimate.
    Pulling the intake is certain, but sometimes you get lucky with just wiring repairs/replacement and building a water dam around the front of the holes.

This also effects tranny controls and shift points [ with all the variables considered ]

vince@LNSauto.com

RyanW

Koch-head
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ryan, where do you work ?

Let's see, got my first taste at HI-LO, when I was in high school, then after the Corps I worked at New Roads Ford, then Gerry LAME, then after college I ran off to Houston and built drag diesels. You know who I am, you just don't know that you know who I am yet. We've traveled in the same circles for well over a decade, and I promise we have a LOT of the same friends.

I don't do that sort of stuff anymore, now I'm in a whole different sector of the car market. I will be paying you a visit at your shop in about 2 weeks to discuss some business though.

Last edited:

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    CRAP, I cant remember 1/2 the people I have met. Hell, I have even forgotten some employees of the past.
    [ That's pretty embarrassing at times]

Its got to be through Big Darryl................

brfd557

Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    brfd557.
    The reason you should have the knock sensor circuit repaired, is because when it sees a knock circuit failure, the ECM decreases timing to avoid "pinging" regardless if its pinging or not.
    [assuming you have "drive by wire" ]
    There is not a specific number, but dependent on
    engine temp, calculated load and other variables, it could be as much as 10 degrees.
    Thats a lot of power and fuel economy you are loosing by not having that specific circuit working correctly.
    email me with your VIN number and Ill give you a rough estimate.
    Pulling the intake is certain, but sometimes you get lucky with just wiring repairs/replacement and building a water dam around the front of the holes.

This also effects tranny controls and shift points [ with all the variables considered ]

vince@LNSauto.com
    Will do thanks Vince.

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    When I say "Pulling timing" I dont mean it shows up as KNOCK Retard.
    While running the Spark algorithms , That specific scalar as spark is being calculated, will force the final commanded timing degrees to be a lower number than it should be.
    Therefore when a tech is looking at running data, Its NOT showing actual KNOCK Retard. It does not show that it is pulling timing.
    I am basically telling you what "REALLY" happens.
    Knock retard doesn't show up, because that circuit is deemed dead. therefore there is no KNOCK Retard if you understand what Im trying to say.

These Scalars and programming strategy's are one of the things I am speaking of, when I say that many shops never get to see what's really going on in the operating program.
    I could give you a specific Calculation after I get you vin number. But I guess in reality, it needs to be fixed regardless.
    Because you drive it every day, these changes happen slowly, thus fooling the driver. You dont realize just how much power you have lost until its fixed correctly.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    CRAP, I cant remember 1/2 the people I have met. Hell, I have even forgotten some employees of the past.
    [ That's pretty embarrassing at times]

Its got to be through Big Darryl................

I had the Civic with nitrous, years before The Slow and the Curious ever came out, and I have a blown v6 mustang with true fire flames now. I was dealing with Thunder and Lightning when they shared a showroom the size of a closet and installed catbacks on 4 jack stands. I was one of the original members of SCCoLA

RyanW

Koch-head
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Lol, fortunately cars are the one thing I've gained great wisdom in over all those years! People STILL call me by my old nickname from way back then too. I am the guy everyone called/calls "high school."

Top Bottom