Was it my tattoos or color?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Just curious, I've met a lot of guys on bayoushooter and EVERYONE has been super nice and communicated well. And there are a lot of different races, especially the Asian ones on the site. But I'm curious, as you say you are dark skinned due to work. What ethnicity would you identify most closely with?

I'm wondering if he saw a black guy a possibly what looks like a mexican, and thought it might have been a set up. I know my cousin tried to sell a gun in target's parking lot and was robbed by the would be buyer.... Robber was black.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    To be fair, if I'm uncomfortable with a situation I'd rather play it safe than worry about offending someone.

That said, given your status and feedback rating on here you'd think there would be some benefit of the doubt given. He could have at least shot a text verifying that it was you in the parking lot or that he wasn't comfortable with the arrangements. Sounds like he just got skurred and acted innapropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    But I'm curious, as you say you are dark skinned due to work. What ethnicity would you identify most closely with?

I am white born in South Louisiana. My heritage is very diverse and would not have been part of Hitler's master race. so while I can get darker than fair skinned people, I would think judging someone by their appearance only shows how shallow is someone.
    If someone is that scared of other people, I would not want them to own a gun, a police whistle would be a better selection.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Get him to come to Denham PD they are supposed to have a safe place there to my do stuff since all the crazy Craiglist crap

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    7pAE4cy.png

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Don't dwell on it. I can't even count the number of times folks have committed to buy one thing or another and then simply don't show, don't call, and don't apologize; and they come in every age, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. I was giving something away and someone committed to picking it up. After not picking it up and tripping over it for 2 1/2 months I sold it to someone. The guy who simply could have picked it up for free was mad because I didn't wait a bit longer. There are jackasses in every walk of life.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Don't dwell on it. I can't even count the number of times folks have committed to buy one thing or another and then simply don't show, don't call, and don't apologize; and they come in every age, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. I was giving something away and someone committed to picking it up. After not picking it up and tripping over it for 2 1/2 months I sold it to someone. The guy who simply could have picked it up for free was mad because I didn't wait a bit longer. There are jackasses in every walk of life.

We are no longer allowed to assign gender.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    To be fair, if I'm uncomfortable with a situation I'd rather play it safe than worry about offending someone.

That said, given your status and feedback rating on here you'd think there would be some benefit of the doubt given. He could have at least shot a text verifying that it was you in the parking lot or that he wasn't comfortable with the arrangements. Sounds like he just got skurred and acted innapropriately.

Yeah I agree with this. I'd PM him/her and if they explain themselves then I wouldn't leave negative feedback, but if they just never respond, then I might.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Maybe there was some scary clowns that y'all didn't notice on your six and he left because of that. Situational awareness is a must when dealing in a high risk endeavor such as a gun trade in a Target parking lot. We already had one deal in a target parking lot get sideways.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    I surly hope neither, if tattoo's are the case - well then nobody want's to meet me.
    Race is not of importance to me.
    Why is there not a TATTOO thread yet???

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Does that really matter? I have a fairly low post count and a low EDIT: number of transactions. I've been here since the beginning!

To me yes it does.

Edit to add: If he has a low/no feedback and low post count he may be new to FTF deals and got nervous. He may just be embarrassed to say what's up. My 1st internet FTF deal I was nervous as hell!

If he has a lot of feedback and high post count it seems he should have handled himself better.

Last edited:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    To me yes it does.

Edit to add: If he has a low/no feedback and low post count he may be new to FTF deals and got nervous. He may just be embarrassed to say what's up. My 1st internet FTF deal I was nervous as hell!

If he has a lot of feedback and high post count it seems he should have handled himself better.

I remember a time when I associated with a number of members on this forum in person versus through the forum. Oh, how times have changed. :cool:

Top Bottom