Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    For those that use NATO straps could you recommend a good brand?

ToxicNATO

Tell Terry that DAVE_M sent you and he may give you a discount code.

27023072152_ec33e9ffa4_c.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Nice. I want a Bulova or a Tag one day. A Seiko or two are next on my list, though.

Bulova's are in the same realm as Seiko. You can buy a $40 Bulova or a $400 Bulova. My dad gave me an Accutron a few years ago. I had never heard of them until he gave me the watch. Apparently it's a sub-company of Bulova and it even has the Bulova logo in a few places. It retailed for $600ish, so I can only imagine it's a $3-400 watch. Surprisingly, at that price point, the crown tube has already stripped and the crown stem is bent. I don't even want to look at how much it will cost to replace it.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    It seems like the Bulovas I'd picked out in the past were $600 and up. Now, when I look, you're right, a lot of the cleaner designs I like now are about what the Seikos I want are. So based on your experience with the Accutron, do you think they're not as well-made as others in the price range?

So, now, I have room in my dreams for a Rolex. Don't know if hobbies will ever allow for it, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It seems like the Bulovas I'd picked out in the past were $600 and up. Now, when I look, you're right, a lot of the cleaner designs I like now are about what the Seikos I want are. So based on your experience with the Accutron, do you think they're not as well-made as others in the price range?

So, now, I have room in my dreams for a Rolex. Don't know if hobbies will ever allow for it, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

They are good watches, but for the price and because I'm a fanboy, I like the Seiko Diver offerings more. Bulova caters more towards casual watches, but they do have a few divers worth looking at.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I originally picked up the Bulova thinking I would put a black NATO on it. Looking at it now I think the Bulova may be too dressy for a NATO strap. Thoughts?

View attachment 65941

View attachment 65942

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I only put NATO's on more industrial style watches like Divers or Field watches.

I really want to get my hands on a Damasko DA46. They look awesome with a blacked out NATO.

SAM_6048_zps27f32b0c.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom