Weber grills?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Hi all. In the market for a new grill as my old Aussie walkabout finally bit the dust. I've been looking at the 22.5in Weber One Touch series, and was just wondering if anyone here has any experience (good or bad) with them. Any info is greatly appreciated.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have one of the older Weber grills and love it. I also have nothing but good things to say about it! :)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    WEBER is the pinnacle of well priced, High Quality, Grills and Smokers AFAIC.

They just do everything right and with quality and style. They pay serious attention to customers and the art and fun of grilling. When they see where improvements could be made, they did and still do.

And, it's the little things that they do so well, (Most of which I can't list)
    Like the perfectly made dampers,
    the handles that don't crack or break over a decade or two,
    the little hook on the inside of the lid that allows you to hang it on the side of the grill itself, not needing to set it down anywhere,
    the Grills that fold on each side to allow you to use charcoal baskets(Indirect Cooking)
    and smoker chip baskets without having to remove the whole grill itself. MAJOR +++
    The Handle that comes on their charcoal starter to allow you to pour without burning yourself.
    and so on and so forth it goes....

The more you look around on a WEBER, the more little things you see that they pay attention to
    that others don't. It's why they cost more, b/c they are simply WORTH MORE.

WEBER is one of those Grills that you get your money's worth, years, most often a DECADE before you may need to replace anything on it. Which brings me to my last point.

Not only do they make their MASSIVE amounts of accessories available for online ordering,
    you can pretty much order EVERY SINGLE PART of ANY Weber Smoker or Grill
    directly from the site. Allowing you to always have the OEM part to your grill.

Man, and we didn't even start talking about their (WSM) Smokers ;)

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I cooked on a 22.5 for years until one too many limbs fell on it. My only complaint is the the lid wasn't quite high enough to smoke a good sized turkey. That grill may could have been resurrected but I didn't bother because the boys were abusing it.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I recently replaced my 10 year old weber. Over the years, I have replaced the cooking grate and flavor bars one time. They need to be replaced again.

The only reason I did not buy another Weber is that I wanted a larger grill, but did not want to pay Weber price.

My new grill is nice, but nowhere near Weber quality.

I still plan to replace the older parts and move the weber to my facility to cook lunch on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    can't go wrong w/Weber. I have a propane one that I caught a great deal on for fathers day a few years ago. Love it

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Well looks like I got it sooner than expected. My Mum offered to transfer some money to me to use for it as a late birthday present for my wife and early bday present for me. So took advantage of the tax free days to pick it up. All set up and ready to cook tomorrow!

998896_10201216358587720_376848132_n.jpg

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Spray Pam to the cooking grate, coating both sides, before setting over the coals. Wash with hot water/soap and if baked on a brillo pad/scotchbrite. The plating will wear off before the grate wears out.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    I see some pork meat in your future.

Hoping nobody goes all "shrimp on the Bar-B"

Pork will definitely be done. Have never tried smoking before but will definitely be trying now. Just need butts to go on sale again at work.

And as for shrimp on the barbie-will try that too lol. Even if that's not what was originally scripted ;)

Top Bottom