Weird Encounter Today.... Thank God for CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Kind of a long read:

Today I get a call from my wife saying that she was running an extremely high temperature and wanted me to bring her to the hospital. On my way to my house I see a truck parked in my parents driveway and noticed a Hispanic guy walking around the house. I turn into his neighbors driveway to go check out what this guy was doing, knowing there has been break-in's in the area. As I'm turning around, my parents turn into their driveway. My old man pulls up to the guys truck, where he is now seated, and ask him what he wanted. The guy says he does paint and body and noticed a small dent on one the truck in the driveway. Now keep in mind the house is 200-250 feet off of the road. I know the dent is there and I can't see it when I pass. I get a quick description of the vehicle, Early 2000's white Chevy single cab short-wheel base, and a partial plate. The plate is a California plate.

I run to my house, 3 houses down from my parents, and pick up my wife to bring her to the hospital near my house in Lafayette. On the way there I noticed the white truck on the side of me with the Hispanic guy and a Hispanic female in it. I slow down to get the whole plate as he turned into a tire shop. I get the number and call it to my parents who were already on the phone with SO. I get to the hospital and while they are admitting my wife the freaking guy walks in looking nervous as Hell. He ask the admit nurse where was the bathroom and damn near ran to it. This is where I tell the nurse that he should probably contact security and get a weird look from him. I give him a quick run down of what just happen and he just said OK and put us in an ER room.

While they are getting blood and putting an IV in my wife I can hear the Hispanic guys voice. I peak out of the curtain to see him sitting in the ER room across from us. Now **** is getting too weird for me! The nurse comes and tells me that he put him across from me and I should maybe call the cops. I walked out real fast to make the call and ran through the parking lot looking for his truck (couldn't find it) and came back to the room. While I'm sitting there I can hear the guy moaning as if somebody is stepping on his sack and asking for pain meds..... He was just trying to get a job "fixing a dent" and now it sounds like he's dying. Sounded suspicious to me.

Anyways I continue to listen to him answering questions for the nurse and am taking very detailed notes. I get his name, which I doubt was his real name, that he is from Utah, and a very detailed description of all the guy's tattoos . He kept walking out of his room and walking down the isle like he was trying to see inside of all of the rooms. I wanted so bad to jump out of my room and knock the crap out of the guy, but I wanted him to hang around until SO showed up. Well, the Dr brings the guy a freaking script for the pain meds he was asking for and released him!!!!! I couldn't freaking believe it!

About 2 minutes after he left SO shows up to my room. I asked the guy if he passed the guy because he had just left. We walk out to the parking lot to look for him but he is long gone so we go to my truck and I get the plate number. The SO said he would put our area on their system to step up patrols, and would hang out in the parking lot for a minute to see if he would show back up. I go back in the hospital for about another 2 hours before we were finally discharged. I made a budget loop around the parking lot to my truck and hit the panic button for a second to maybe scare him out if he was under it. Luckily the guy was nowhere to been seen and I picked my wife up at the front doors and made my way the loooong way home.

It may have been my paranoia, but I do not believe in coincidences! This was one time I was very happy to have my CCW on me. I didn't need it, thank God, but it sure made me feel at ease knowing I had the means to fight back if I had too. If you live in Lafayette and see some Hispanic with tats all on his arms and legs in the truck described above claiming to do paint and body.... CALL THE COPS!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    O, I forgot the update on my wife.... She had a temperature of 103.7 a migraine and dizzy when she stood up. They figured that she had a compaction in her ears that was making an ear infection even worse. After cleaning out her ears she was good to go. All this crap for a trip to the hospital to get her f**kn ears clean!!!!!

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Hope your wife's doing better. Which area in Lafayette was this in if you don't mind me asking. I live in the Lafayette area and work every other weekend so would definitely like to let my wife and also my in laws know about something like this.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sounds like the dude was looking for pain meds. Crazy story, but I don't see what your carry gun had to do with it? Are you sure the hospital even allows CC?

Glad everything worked out and your wife is doing better.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Sounds like the dude was looking for pain meds. Crazy story, but I don't see what your carry gun had to do with it? Are you sure the hospital even allows CC?

Glad everything worked out and your wife is doing better.

Maybe I should have elaborated more on the last paragraph. Like I said, thank god I didn't need the weapon..... It never left the cover of my shirt and, and I didn't see any reason to run into his room like a Rambo wannabe. That's why I called the authorities to handle it. My wife was scared to death in that room after she heard the words meningitis, she lost a friend in high school to it, and the fact that this guy was a few feet away was making her even more unsettled. The fact that I had a weapon on me let her and myself calm down enough to worry about her ailment instead of some pilled out gangbanger. This wasn't supposed to be a "I pulled my weapon like a badass" post and I'm sorry if you read it as such.

The hospital was not state owned and there was not a "No Firearms" sign on the entrance. I also made it known to the officer that I was lawfully carrying.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    But.... you were involved in "official police business"
    By law, shouldn't you have informed the officer that you were carrying?

Maybe I should have elaborated more on the last paragraph. Like I said, thank god I didn't need the weapon..... It never left the cover of my shirt and, and I didn't see any reason to run into his room like a Rambo wannabe. That's why I called the authorities to handle it. My wife was scared to death in that room after she heard the words meningitis, she lost a friend in high school to it, and the fact that this guy was a few feet away was making her even more unsettled. The fact that I had a weapon on me let her and myself calm down enough to worry about her ailment instead of some pilled out gangbanger. This wasn't supposed to be a "I pulled my weapon like a badass" post and I'm sorry if you read it as such.

The hospital was not state owned and there was not a "No Firearms" sign on the entrance. I also made it known to the officer that I was lawfully carrying.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom