Welcome to Shreveport: Your rights are now suspended.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tea333

Dysfunctional Vet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    This actually happend right here in "River City" folks. I believe it not to be the concensus of all the Shreveport Police Officers, but all the training they go through, this kinda missed things somewhere. The Mayor of Shreveport has no clue. Different gun laws apply in different states, but in Louisiana you have the right to be armed in your vehicle cause your vehicle is and extension of your home. Although you have been detained by a law enforcement officer you do not ever lose your rights. I'm sure there is more to come out of this scenario.

http://www.conservativedrink.com/media/GloverInterview-060809-Video.asp

From Mayor Glover's perspective, it is only when firearms are in the hands of people other than the state's uniformed enforcers/oppressors that they constitute a threat, not only to the public and those in charge of exercising official violence but also to the private gun owner himself.

tea333

Dysfunctional Vet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sorry if I have posted something that has already been posted and discussed. I just received this information in my email last night from a retired LEO in Bossier City and thought it pertinent enough to post here.

Top Bottom