Well it's official ATF press release on 5.45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not that it matters at this stage- but I wonder what percentage of this ammo is actually being used in the US using that particular "pistol"?

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Well they found their way to justify it... The law is pointless and has no base in realiry, how does making it in a pistol suddenly make it ap? Doesn't the shorter barrel hinder the armor piercing capabilities? Makes it go slower... we need a dumb law like this removed. .. Now everyone is going after x54r making it hard to find for now...

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This only applies to steel core ammo. Lead core should pass the test. It is not a total ban on the ammo.
    I do see this as another indication that government is astronomically over-funded. BATFE's budget of 1.250 billion is exceedingly high. It is higher than SOCOM's 1 billion budget. SOCOM is actually very productive and important.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How much was this stuff selling for a few months ago? I don't shoot this stuff. Just curious.

I think it had gotten back down to around $160 plus shipping per 1080 rounds... So a bit over 16 cents per round. Even during the panic, you could find it for about 20 cents per round.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This only applies to steel core ammo. Lead core should pass the test. It is not a total ban on the ammo.
    I do see this as another indication that government is astronomically over-funded. BATFE's budget of 1.250 billion is exceedingly high. It is higher than SOCOM's 1 billion budget. SOCOM is actually very productive and important.

Another law to solve a non-existent problem. Why would anyone be surprised.

It's for your own good!

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Are there any American companies that produce cheap ammo like Tula?? I know Hornady comes to mind as the only one that produces steel cases. Seems like we need someone to buy a former soviet ammo factory and move it to the states. How about the name Americansky ammo??

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Are there any American companies that produce cheap ammo like Tula?? I know Hornady comes to mind as the only one that produces steel cases. Seems like we need someone to buy a former soviet ammo factory and move it to the states. How about the name Americansky ammo??

EPA Closure of Last Lead Smelting Plant to Impact Ammunition Production

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/16881-epa-closure-of-last-lead-smelting-plant-to-impact-ammunition-production

bhart89

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    AP ammo is exactly what our founders would have wanted protected by the 2nd amendment.

Top Bottom