Went to Jim's today out of desperation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well I picked up a new Model 60 for squirrel season, and took it apart to familiarize myself with it. Rushing to get it back together I accidentally bent the recoil spring.

Anyways, I call Jims :zombie: to see if they have one since I'm right around the corner. They do, $10 but will only sell it to me if I bring my rifle in so they can verify that I actually need it. What's the reasoning behind this? Anyways, load up the rifle and head over. I get there and the cashier takes my gun and wipes it down for some reason, and then sends it off with some guy in the back to get my spring. He comes back out with the spring and says it will be $20 to install it. I say "I do not want it installed, over the phone someone said it was 10 bucks and I could just buy it." He replies, "Well you CAN, but we will NEVER take it back, EVER." I have no clue what he is talking about, and ask him, to which he replies, "If it's the wrong one, we will NEVER do an exchange." I laugh and pull my bent one out of my pocket, it checks out so I tell him lets do it.

We get to cash register, and I asked how much to install, to which he says 5 bucks, so I go ahead and ask him to drop it in so I don't have to mess with it. As soon as he walks off I start saying, "SIR! HEY! HEY MAN!" because I realize I left the guide rod and pin that holds the action to the receiver at my house. He just keeps on truckin it to the back, comes out literally 1 minute later holding a guide rod. "You need one of THESE TOO MAN!" I reply, "No I don't man, I left the guide rod, AND PIN at the house, which I why I was yelling at you when you were walking off and ignoring me." "Ok, I'll just go back there and put it back together", then he huffs.

Back at counter. Guess what, $35 bucks is my total. So I say no man it should be ten plus tax.

Him: No sir, I disassembled and reassembled you rife so I have to charge you the minimum 25 dollar fee
    Me: Yeah right
    Him: What
    Me: Your kidding right
    Him: No, does it look like I'm kidding
    Me: No, but does it look like I'm going to pay you 25 dollars for something that took 2 minutes, and I tried to stop you from doing. But you ignored me anyway
    Him: Well, I was off the floor for at least 3 minutes, and you owe the business for the time I could be making sales.
    Me: :curse:
    Him: Ok man, just give us the ten and don't come back

Moral: I go here about every 5-6 months out of pure desperation. I learn my lesson everytime.

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I bet Mr. Jim would love to know his employees are telling customers not to come back especially over a $25 transaction

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I for one don't care for Jims prices but I have a buddy of mine that does business there CONSTANTLY. So I usually tag along and play with guns I like and look at accessories so I know what to look for elsewhere. That being said my friend has one salesman he works with there, and doesnt like to deal with anyone else, and has been treated well so far.

CAM_TECH_ARMS

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   1
    Mar 9, 2011
    LIVINGSTON PARISH
    Jims is a last reasort for me at all cost for one there overpriced as hell and 2 that bs gotta bring in your gun to sell u a part crap i know my guns inside and out and im sure if im calling u with the make model and the part of the firearm im looking for theres no way i can screw up unless u purposly give me the wrong part just so u can make a dime last reasort for anything!!!!!!!!!

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    this is all a sign that the owner has lost interest in the business.. personel problems are the #1 issue with American businesses right now..

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Needed a flip up rear sight for my AR in black (as is the rest of the entire gun) they tell me that they only have it in olive green. I tell him that I'll find it else ware. He keeps trying to tell me how "badass" it will look with the green flip up, and how it will make the rest of the gun look more stealthy. Wtf?

CAM_TECH_ARMS

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   1
    Mar 9, 2011
    LIVINGSTON PARISH
    I still like the know it all over there who told me his dad was in the SAS and refused to sell me a quad rail cause i said "ya right" and didnt beleave him im not there to hear ur life story im here to buy a part and leave!!!!!!!!!

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I would love to start a business down here,indoor shooting range, 12 lanes or more for handgun,6 lanes for rifle /shotgun,,,,,,,,hunting/shooting supplies, clothing,gunshop,gunsmith,reloading supplies....hell even a snack bar with a lounge.........I feel very confident that the place would pull in plenty of business yr round,,,,then you wont have to go shoot in the heat,wearing mosquito net,or wearing hip boots to hang your target !!!!!!!! I got all the interest in the world !!!!!!

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I went in there JIMS saturday,they treated me like I didnt know what I was lookin for,,,I asked the salesman for a metal frame 9mm he actually asked me why i wanted metal and not poly frame....I looked at him curled my lip and just left!!!!

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I bet Mr. Jim would love to know his employees are telling customers not to come back especially over a $25 transaction

Trust me he doesn't give a CRAP!

Going to that place makes you want to form a recovery group! I got a name in mind if you folks want to joint......... The Insanity Group!!
    Going into Jims to purchase something and expections of genuine concern and customer service and going back expecting different results( i.e. INSANITY):}

I had a problem of driving from Springfield area to Seigen Lane only to hear OH I guess we really don't have that in stock after all.
    I complained and two days later he called me all cockey and stuff so....................

Anyway what evening during the week would be good for the meeting? LOL

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Jims prices are out there, but, he usually has what you need, I bought a 21" Benelli from him that I couldn't find anywhere, he even came down on the price of a NF I bought, after I showed him the price from Sport Optics. Now, I did get screwed by a smith, or smith in training, they mounted my NF for free, ;in a LaRue mount I provided, when they took the package I made sure he saw the Thread lock, and that I wanted it used, he said they don't use it because its not needed, long story short, I go to the Mississippi State 3 Gun match, only to find out that my scope is flopping around in the mount, vibration from the 9 hour ride loosened them up, I was #$%$#%%$ pissed!!! NO lock tight, I had to shoot the match with a buddys rifle.
    My buddy has a 7mm Ultra mag, he had them cut the barrel and put a competition crown, and asked them to put as much weight in the stock as they could, to tame the recoil, he gets it back, the smith says he put 2lbs in the stock, for him to go shoot it and if he wants weight more bring it back and he will put more lead in it, for a fee of course.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Well you dont know Jim very well.

He had some VERY GOOD employees back in the day but from my last trip there there I can say he lost the good ones. I will never shop at jims again for any reason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom