West Feliciana Sheriff: 8-year-old dead, teen in custody

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I wish there was more to the story, towards the end it says the victim was biking with his mother, so there is some story missing on how, why and so on.

Either way, the 16 year old should be consider an adult in court and he should be charged as such. Once again if we had a mandatory military program for a minimum of 2 year starting at age 16 things like this would not happen, parents are too scared to teach children values and whoop their ass when they need it, so maybe if they would get a military formation at some point in their lifes it would prevent them from being rejects from society.

melanie smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    16 year old killer

It never fails that after something like this happens, friends of the family will come out and say, but he was a good kid, comes from good stock, such a nice family......that is only what you see from the outside. You never know what is going on in the inside of people's homes. There had to be signs that this child was "troubled" in some way or an indication somewhere that he was capable of such a horrific crime. So, what the hell is it? Seriously, what are the signs? We need to catch these kids early before they kill someone. God Bless both families.

melanie smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    p.s. I agree with the mandatory military program but 2 years is extreme. Speaking from the mother of a Marine...it only took them 3 months to change my son's life.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I know a little but it's third hand so take it with two grains of salt. The boy is a twin and he was with his mother and his two brothers (one being the other twin and an eleven year old). They were also with another woman and her two girls. They were riding on the bike path that runs through the Bluffs subdivision (upscale golf community in St Fran). They were split into two groups and it seems one twin was in front with the other woman and her two girls. The other twin (victim) was with his mother and the older brother and decided to separate from his mother/brother and catch up with his twin and the others. The first group had already passed the 16yr old on the path and I'm told he mumbled something indistinguishable as the first group passed. The mother found the boy and tried to revive him but couldn't. I can't imagine anything more horrible than what she is going through. It seems like a completely random act and I can't begin to imagine what would make a 16yr old attack an 8yr old and brutally murder him. And just to nip any thoughts in the bud, both the victim and the perp are white.

Again, this is third hand so don't assume the facts are completely accurate. If I find out more or need to edit anything written I'll do so. This is the exact thing that scares the crap out of me. I tell people it doesn't matter who you are or where you are you can be a victim. The line between paranoid and prepared is thin. I'm not saying live your life in fear but don't ever get complacent.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The mother found the boy and tried to revive him but couldn't. I can't imagine anything more horrible than what she is going through.

I can't either. It's bad enough to have a child die but to be there and not beening able to keep your child alive until help gets there, and I guess the other kids were watching.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I know a little but it's third hand so take it with two grains of salt. The boy is a twin and he was with his mother and his two brothers (one being the other twin and an eleven year old). They were also with another woman and her two girls. They were riding on the bike path that runs through the Bluffs subdivision (upscale golf community in St Fran). They were split into two groups and it seems one twin was in front with the other woman and her two girls. The other twin (victim) was with his mother and the older brother and decided to separate from his mother/brother and catch up with his twin and the others. The first group had already passed the 16yr old on the path and I'm told he mumbled something indistinguishable as the first group passed. The mother found the boy and tried to revive him but couldn't. I can't imagine anything more horrible than what she is going through. It seems like a completely random act and I can't begin to imagine what would make a 16yr old attack an 8yr old and brutally murder him. And just to nip any thoughts in the bud, both the victim and the perp are white.

Again, this is third hand so don't assume the facts are completely accurate. If I find out more or need to edit anything written I'll do so. This is the exact thing that scares the crap out of me. I tell people it doesn't matter who you are or where you are you can be a victim. The line between paranoid and prepared is thin. I'm not saying live your life in fear but don't ever get complacent.

This was a senseless murder. The kid that did the killing is an honor student at Baton Rouge High. The recount of the story is pretty accurate. The mother of the victim is a doctor. She tried to save her son but the wounds were brutal from accounts I have heard. This kid is supposed to be arraigned this morning. I would be shocked if they don't try him as an adult.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    p.s. I agree with the mandatory military program but 2 years is extreme. Speaking from the mother of a Marine...it only took them 3 months to change my son's life.

I agree with you but what I meant is a programm where they HAVE to go one weekend a month as a minimum so it would take much longer than 3 months to change them, specially for kids who havent had any discipline since they were born and at age 16 you show them diferent.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It will be a major surprise if it is determined the killer had nothing in his system. Little bastard.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    It will be a major surprise if it is determined the killer had nothing in his system. Little bastard.

This kid is just bat **** crazy. Apparently the kids parents are good folks and are active in the community. My grandparents live at the Bluffs and everyone is in total shock and disbelief. My grandfather walked that same trail on many occasions. It could have just as easily been him that this kid attacked. I also know the mother of the victim. I can't imagine how hard it must be loosing a child in such a senseless manner.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I am going to take a stab and say this kid is just bat **** crazy. Apparently the kids parents are good folks and are active in the community. My grandparents live at the Bluffs and everyone is in total shock and disbelief. My grandfather walked that same trail on many occasions. It could have just as easily been him that this kid attacked. I also know the mother of the victim. I can't imagine how hard it must be loosing a child in such a senseless manner.

Yeah, you may be right about the kid. How many of you know kids from "well-to-do" families that develope serious issues when then get old enough to roam around on their own? I am not jumping to conclusions on anything, BUT I am saying that there are too many cases to count where parents believe they can substitute parenting by throwing money at a problem child.
    Whether or not this is one of those cases gone horribly wrong, I cannot say. But I would not be a bit surprised to learn that it was.

Prayers for the poor 8 yr old child and his family....

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I wish there was more to the story, towards the end it says the victim was biking with his mother, so there is some story missing on how, why and so on.

Either way, the 16 year old should be consider an adult in court and he should be charged as such. Once again if we had a mandatory military program for a minimum of 2 year starting at age 16 things like this would not happen, parents are too scared to teach children values and whoop their ass when they need it, so maybe if they would get a military formation at some point in their lifes it would prevent them from being rejects from society.

Well said :thumbsup:

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just terribe, could not and would not want to try to imagine the pain the mother is feeling. Sorry for the 16yo family but I hope they make an example of this kid for the other little bastards who may be watching!

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In Detroit Metro we'd see a lot of kids of affluence getting involved in Satanic cults. This killing sounds eerily similar.

Remember: Weapons don't kill; people kill and Satanist kill more than any.

Top Bottom