What are you currently driving? Show picture's!!! Let's have fun with this!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    It's about time to get a new vehicle. This one is about 7 years old. It's time for a truck.

350_001.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The brz doesn't have nearly the power that 370z has.... Unless you need a back seat,
    That'll the only reason to switch... It does shift smooth and have some nice handling, but the power just isn't there...

The 370Z is dog slow, too. It's just given me too many issues. Junk. Never again, Nissan. Never.

The Subaru BRZ is an extremely competent car and I loved the one I drove. I've enjoyed cars with less power, and far far more. Power is secondary to handling dynamics to me. Some 17x8.5's with Pilot Super Sports and that BRZ will dominate corners. If they come out with an STI, so much the better.

As of now, why would I trade?

-Brakes last more than 1K miles on other cars, and I assume the BRZ (about how long the 370Z goes between turning the rotors...never EVER had a car this bad on brakes, and I don't even have dust on the rims. Junk.)

---25K miles, Nissan is paying for my THIRD SET of rotors/pads.
    So far, 1 set of what it came with, 1 set of slotted Z1/Stoptech, now another set of Nissan's. It's already shaking again. It's just a shitty design. I'm VERY light on them as it's a front-heavy car and you balance on the throttle with it. I can literally carve up some corners (without downward hills) and get out of the car and grab a front rotor for a few seconds without pain.

-ZERO rebound-control. It's like an atomic pogo-stick.

-Front heavy...and you FEEL IT! You better know your lateral-grip vs. corner duration, because you balance at WOT sometimes with this thing.

-half-ass at everything. It's slow but heavy. It has good "static" grip and a crappy suspension. It has 14" rotors and moderate sized pads with 4 pistons and yet my family cars have done better in that department. It's just...not a real sports car IMO. It's a compromise car that looks like sex, and you only figure it out after you actually own it for a few thousand miles. It's luke-warm performance and horrible durability disgust me.

I've often had thoughts of pulling an Earl Long/Lawnmower on it.

PS. 0-130mph, a stock BRZ manual will walk a stock 2004 mustang GT manual. It's not bad for a 4-banger.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    2011 mustang gt/cs. Supercharged. 585 rwhp. Most fun and most competent, best riding mustang I've ever owned, including the svt products. Also have a 1991 coupe that's now a donor for a shelby cobra replica that should arrive in 2 weeks or so.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375536399991.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1375536399991.jpg
      99.1 KB · Views: 108

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Not my everyday ride, but my good day ride

1981 Fiat Spider 2000

It was my grandfathers, and believe it or not, it was the first gas pedal I pressed when I was 14. He took me out to a pit mine to teach me how to drive. That sporty clutch on an inclined gravel road is a true baptism of fire. Sometimes it pays to be the only mechanic in the family:cool:

Attachments

• Web 2012-06-11_13.12.36.jpg
      Web 2012-06-11_13.12.36.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 94
    Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hmmmm, well lets see. I haven't posted in forever, and since it's not a tacticool commando thread I might as well join in.

What I drive most often;
    8717259943_a4bd9c860b_b.jpg

Jeep1_zps26b7482a.jpg

My other toy;
    IMG_3218.jpg

My newest daily driver that should be here in 2 weeks or so!!!! (It's an FX4 Ecoboost, slightly altered)
    Predator-11_11.jpg

Ans then we have a '12 Fusion, and '12 Escape, no point in posting pics of them lol

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Hmmmm, well lets see. I haven't posted in forever, and since it's not a tacticool commando thread I might as well join in.

What I drive most often;
    8717259943_a4bd9c860b_b.jpg

Jeep1_zps26b7482a.jpg

My other toy;
    IMG_3218.jpg

My newest daily driver that should be here in 2 weeks or so!!!! (It's an FX4 Ecoboost, slightly altered)
    Predator-11_11.jpg

Ans then we have a '12 Fusion, and '12 Escape, no point in posting pics of them lol

Sweet rides man.

Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Wow! Haven't seen a Demon in years. I grew up riding in a Demon. Dad bought one new in the early 70's. White with dark blue leather.
    Demon's were rare even back then, saw a lot of Plymouth Dusters on the road but rarely any Demons.

They're not too common around here. I know of one in the Abita Springs area and one in Prairieville, but not too many on the road in these parts. I bought one new back in the day, 340 4 speed, the most fun car to drive I'd ever had. Hence my decision to buy another one and restore it. Of course, had to have a few performance and chassis upgrades!

Last edited:

Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Nice!

I had a 68 Dart that I raced and I had a grudge with a guy that had a Demon.
    We were always coming up against each other at the track.

Thanks! The '68 Darts were great cars as well, always liked them. How'd your 68 do against the Demon?

This one with slicks will run low 11's and still drive to and from the track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom