What did you GIVE for Christmas?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Just curious, what did people GIVE?

-I am giving my Dad a DDM4 16" Daniel Defense carbine with ALG trigger and Rosch Works SL-1 sight/light and Troy rear BUIS.
    -I gave my former roommate a MAGPUL stock/forearm for his Mossberg 590a1, as well as 100 rounds of Winchester Ranger 00 for it.
    -Bought 2 of my friends matching TYR gunfighter belts with 2 "Happymag" 5.56 mag-pouches each, and an picking up a case of 5.56 for them, as well.
    -Bought my Mom and stepdad a Keurig.

Most of my life, all I cared about was the stuff I got for Christmas, and when in college, I couldn't afford to give anyone anything, and even when I was younger, I understood the futility of buying my parents gifts with their own money. I personally get more joy out of buying people that mean a lot to me things than I do having things bought for me. Just curious what others are stuffing stockings with, this year!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Kids got pet rabbits
    Wife got a full day at the spa
    Mom got an iPad
    Nephews got Nerf guns
    Brother in law gets a bottle of Pendleton
    Father in law gets a book College Sports Traditions

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    I'm working in Lagos, Nigeria during this holiday season. I gave our room attendant $20 [3000 Naira] so he could travel to be with his family and children until 06-Jan-14.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I got my girlfriend a kuerig coffee maker as well as a bunch of accessories. Oh and I got her some jewelry.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I got my girlfriend a kuerig coffee maker as well as a bunch of accessories. Oh and I got her some jewelry.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Which one did you get her? I'm in the market for one.

I gave mom jewelry, dad ammo, brothers gift cards and dog got a soccer ball haha.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I bought my dad a BCM 16" mid length light weight AR-15, and paid out the remainder of my sister's(an out of work lawyer) apartment lease.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Built my father in law a custom fire pit.
    Mother in law got nice set of kitchen knives and massage
    Mom got a blue glass rooster and massage
    Dad got a $150 gift card to bass pro
    Bought my fiancé a necklace from zales and the Vué by kuerig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Did something different this year. Each kid got 4 things:
    Something they want
    Something they need
    Something to wear
    And something to read.

Got my wife a trip to Denver to see her friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Did something different this year. Each kid got 4 things:
    Something they want
    Something they need
    Something to wear
    And something to read.

Got my wife a trip to Denver to see her friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

That's rough. Prayers sent to your wife's friend.

Cancer sucks :[

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Bought 2 of the MSGO lowers in the last group buy as Christmas presents for the 2 sons. Been buying all the other stuff as I could find it at a decent price.

We normally open presents on Christmas Eve and I wrapped the stripped lowers in one box, their lower parts kits in another, the stock parts in another, the bolt in another, and the upper assembly in another box.

I assisted the youngest putting his together last night. The oldest and his family came over for Christmas dinner today. After dinner the youngest helped the oldest complete his!! I was great watching them sit in front of YouTube cussing at times but finally accomplishing the mission!!

To top it all off, the oldest, as he was getting ready to leave asked "Where is the Ammo?" These ain't much good without Ammo -- told him to come back tomorrow and we would take them out and give them a spin!!

Of course the grandaughter has to get in every picture she can!!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    The little one got a playhouse, train table, and assorted other toys. He was more excited with the teal whistle. He blew that darn thing all day long.
    The wife got a north face jacket, some Michael ????? purse, a donkey, and the promise to finally start our home addition after hunting season!
    Got my mom a charm for her bracelet and the old man a gift card for a kydex holster for his S&W 9.
    Got my brother and my cousin a blind bag (mainly because I'm tired of having to pack extra crap for them while hunting) and my sister in law a scarf and tons of stuff for the soon to be new addition to the family.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I think I gave mud for Christmas!

My stepson (but only technically) gave me a new pair of boots for Christmas. He is a gamer and spends most of his time using his thumbs. I actually talked him into trying out my new boots himself and going for a long walk with me through the woods. Even saw a couple of deer and a rabbit or two. He kept saying "it's so quiet". Got back shivering and muddy, but I think he might be hooked. Well... maybe just a little. Win!

Snuggie308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Gave my bride a basket of Chanel #5 stuff. The two daughters got $100 each and some stocking stuff. Son-in-law got the same. Youngest daughter's boyfriend got a 2013 Mint Set of Us Coins. Furry ones (doggies) got some really good biscuits. They're happy.....I'm happy. Merry Christmas to all!!

Top Bottom