What do you see when looking at your neighbors?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Whats wrong with a leather worker?

Oh, and I Barter now!

If you really pay attention on just this site, I believe more of the Vets have their "feces consolidated" a little better than the average mortal. C.B. Radio will probably be the only functional means of communication. Maybe we should all get some small C.B.'s and develop our own cipher so as to have a network, when the grid collapses.

Just as members we are pretty spread throughout the southern part of the state and could cover a lot of ground with relays. I'll be recruiting Marines, since well, we're just friggin awesome, and already a little crazy, I'll even take a few seabees so they can build stuff, and some corpsmen as well. Air travel is out of the question and they don't know how to use guns anyway, so airmen, you're on your own. Army guys, well it'll be case by case, law enforcement experience will move you up on the list.

Here are my open billets, if you don;t know how a gun works, you're SOL.
    Doctor, preferably former field surgeon
    Pharmacist, they're typically smarter than most doctors
    Nurse, they're typically smarter than doctors
    Veteranarian
    Real hunters
    Rice farmer
    Veggie farmer
    Mech. Engineer
    Cook, with multiple awards for BBQ or Jambalaya
    Electrician
    Reloader, that can cast bulets as well
    Amish, lots of amish. They already have a great background on living off the land
    Emperor gets in if he brings his binos, and some crawfish

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I edited my list.

Limited reliance is most practical, but by limiting too much, you cut yourself off.

My colony will also go off of "college rules." You gotta bring toilet paper if you want to come over!

I'm glad you will consider taking in a Seabee but to be honest, we don't so much BUILD things as much as we unf#&k what Marines do. :ugh:

:D

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    We need only look to other countries where a collapse of some kind went down to see what might happen here. Its not going to be all Mad Max with an Aunty Entity calling the shots but bartering, like in just about every third world butt crack, will have a place. Not everyone will ONLY take gold or silver. Services will also be a commodity. Sure, there will be ass hats that will shoot you for your stuff, but in established communities bartering will be a big way of doing things. It already is where I plan on going if things get REALLY bad. Economic collapse does not = The Walking Dead. :D

Everyone has probably seen this, but if not, theres some good real world experiences from the Argentina collapse

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Oh, and I Barter now!

Me, too! Been doing it for years. Guess there wouldn't be much use for websites when the SHTF, lol. But I'm adept at living in the outdoors, building makeshift shelters/lashing, hunting/fishing, cooking, first aid/cpr certified, and have supplies/tools. I'd be heading to my buddy's property in the woods with the family and a few like-minded friends. He has hogs, goats, rabbits, chickens, and a huge garden. I can take back country roads from my house to get there, so I'd hopefully be able avoid sheeple clogging the roads.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Whats wrong with a leather worker?

Oh, and I Barter now!

Can you do it off the grid? We'll need a leather worker, just in case we get to go all Thunderdome on bitches. Those guys had a lot of leather, and that meant that they were badasses. j/j :D

I'm still adding to my list of potential positions in my "Parka Corp." (Umbrella Corp was already taken) Currently accepting resume's, so prove your usefulness and you will be accepted. Sometimes, just a back and a pair of hands is more useful than a brain.

Come to think of it, we're gonna need belts, and rifle slings. You're in!!!

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Trust me when the **** hits the fan, you will see leaders sprout out from no where and other leaders cringe in terror, for no reason, I have seen it in the military, during stressfull situations, some people are natural leaders and some are not, some can take the pressure and some can not, I have personally had to restrain officers on tables during stressfull situations during the war, they were just out of OTC from some college, any way, war is HELL is not something that is just made up....and you can't learn it on TV...
    In a SHTF situation,Who around you could you count on or trust ?
    The old guy with a garden ?.
    Young couple with kid's.?
    Retired LOE/Ex military?
    Teen's down the block living with a divorced mom..?
    Who would turn into Zombie's..?
    Who are the sheep with no real skill's..?.
    Point being in YOUR neighborhood..Who would be an asset and who is useless..?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Can you do it off the grid? We'll need a leather worker, just in case we get to go all Thunderdome on bitches. Those guys had a lot of leather, and that meant that they were badasses. j/j :D

I'm still adding to my list of potential positions in my "Parka Corp." (Umbrella Corp was already taken) Currently accepting resume's, so prove your usefulness and you will be accepted. Sometimes, just a back and a pair of hands is more useful than a brain.

Only thing that needs power is the machine.... It's belt driven, I am sure we can figure SOMETHING out. You can always make leather, plenty of hides in south Louisiana! All you need is some tree bark, water and container if it came down to it to tan a hide!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    One of my point's...How well can we read people... and just how far can we trust a neighbor...
    Trust me when the **** hits the fan, you will see leaders sprout out from no where and other leaders cringe in terror, for no reason, I have seen it in the military, during stressfull situations, some people are natural leaders and some are not, some can take the pressure and some can not, I have personally had to restrain officers on tables during stressfull situations during the war, they were just out of OTC from some college, any way, war is HELL is not something that is just made up....and you can't learn it on TV...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If you really pay attention on just this site, I believe more of the Vets have their "feces consolidated" a little better than the average mortal. C.B. Radio will probably be the only functional means of communication. Maybe we should all get some small C.B.'s and develop our own cipher so as to have a network, when the grid collapses.

Just as members we are pretty spread throughout the southern part of the state and could cover a lot of ground with relays. I'll be recruiting Marines, since well, we're just friggin awesome, and already a little crazy, I'll even take a few seabees so they can build stuff, and some corpsmen as well. Air travel is out of the question and they don't know how to use guns anyway, so airmen, you're on your own. Army guys, well it'll be case by case, law enforcement experience will move you up on the list.

Here are my open billets, if you don;t know how a gun works, you're SOL.
    Doctor, preferably former field surgeon
    Pharmacist, they're typically smarter than most doctors
    Nurse, they're typically smarter than doctors
    Veteranarian
    Real hunters
    Rice farmer
    Veggie farmer
    Mech. Engineer
    Cook, with multiple awards for BBQ or Jambalaya
    Electrician
    Reloader, that can cast bulets as well
    Amish, lots of amish. They already have a great background on living off the land
    Emperor gets in if he brings his binos, and some crawfish

So, let's see, you're gonna have a group of guys who normally sling insults on the internet all get together with lots of guns and LE has collapsed. I for sure want in.

I got guns and if I got em I can work on them

Good electrician

I can cook...dam good with jambalaya, gumbo, rice and gravy stuff

Got a CB and truck

How many dogs can I bring ?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So, let's see, you're gonna have a group of guys who normally sling insults on the internet all get together with lots of guns and LE has collapsed. I for sure want in.

I got guns and if I got em I can work on them

Good electrician

I can cook...dam good with jambalaya, gumbo, rice and gravy stuff

Got a CB and truck

How many dogs can I bring ?

All dogs are welcome so long as they're not a whatever-poo!!!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell

Forget belts and slings. If we are going Thunderdome we are gonna need leather thongs and assless chaps.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    All dogs are welcome so long as they're not a whatever-poo!!!

Yep, won my heart with all dogs welcome and no apoos

NO apoo's in my herd...and they are used to living off the land for days..good on the watch and easy to live with...enough cur to be useful and enough mutt to be enterainment

So..where's the compound ?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I believe the most easily fortified location to be Lowe's on Millerville, once things settle, then on to farmland. I'm sure someone has some land out in the cut, but trying to get there during the initial chaos would cause far too many issues and may attract unwanted attention.

I like the Lowe's because Petsmart, Target, Best Buy, Chilli's, Office Depot, Matress Firm, and 3 gas stations are all in the immediate vicinity. Lowe's and Target are pretty well fortified and have plenty of supplies. Not to mention we could build the propper implements that would be impracticle to attempt to create wihtout knowing what we're going up against.

Lowe's - fenced in secure garden area with everything we need to begin cultivation, we can haul this stuff with us as there is usually a flatbed 18-wheeler on site that we can "borrow." Not to mention all the generators, propane tanks, small engines we can remove from lawn equipment, wood, cinder blocks, DUCT TAPE, etc etc etc
    Petsmart - provides feed and meds for animals, some meds will also work for people
    Target - just tons of stuff and most people will run for WalMart, also, I know of a member who has the key!
    Best Buy - easy pickins for electronics, would be better if there was a radio shack though
    Chilli's - lots of commerical cookware and stainless steel that is easily sanitized and can be used after the big move
    Office Depot - they have snacks and stuff, could possibly use office furniture for "obstacles" in the parking lot. None of it is strong enough to stop a bullet so it would give would-be attackers a false sense of security, we'll build range cards based on their locations.
    Matress Firm - well, they have matresses, and we'll need to sleep, might as well be comfortable, and I'm not wasting time grabbing mine before I leave.
    Gas Stations - the key to this is killing the power to them right away, to keep people from pumping the tanks dry, they also have tons of beer, soft drinks, water, and a very nice coffee maker, which I think some people will need as well. For those that want to "barter" we can loot the cigarettes, I'm sure their value will increase exponentionally.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I believe the most easily fortified location to be Lowe's on Millerville, once things settle, then on to farmland. I'm sure someone has some land out in the cut, but trying to get there during the initial chaos would cause far too many issues and may attract unwanted attention.

I like the Lowe's because Petsmart, Target, Best Buy, Chilli's, Office Depot, Matress Firm, and 3 gas stations are all in the immediate vicinity. Lowe's and Target are pretty well fortified and have plenty of supplies. Not to mention we could build the propper implements that would be impracticle to attempt to create wihtout knowing what we're going up against.

Lowe's - fenced in secure garden area with everything we need to begin cultivation, we can haul this stuff with us as there is usually a flatbed 18-wheeler on site that we can "borrow." Not to mention all the generators, propane tanks, small engines we can remove from lawn equipment, wood, cinder blocks, DUCT TAPE, etc etc etc
    Petsmart - provides feed and meds for animals, some meds will also work for people
    Target - just tons of stuff and most people will run for WalMart, also, I know of a member who has the key!
    Best Buy - easy pickins for electronics, would be better if there was a radio shack though
    Chilli's - lots of commerical cookware and stainless steel that is easily sanitized and can be used after the big move
    Office Depot - they have snacks and stuff, could possibly use office furniture for "obstacles" in the parking lot. None of it is strong enough to stop a bullet so it would give would-be attackers a false sense of security, we'll build range cards based on their locations.
    Matress Firm - well, they have matresses, and we'll need to sleep, might as well be comfortable, and I'm not wasting time grabbing mine before I leave.
    Gas Stations - the key to this is killing the power to them right away, to keep people from pumping the tanks dry, they also have tons of beer, soft drinks, water, and a very nice coffee maker, which I think some people will need as well. For those that want to "barter" we can loot the cigarettes, I'm sure their value will increase exponentionally.

I like the idea...you're talking real TEOTWAWKI, like when LE is no longer a possibility cuz looting and armed take-overs are usually frowned on by the po po

In my end time tin foil zone I am onto survival w/o breaking any laws but that may not be a problem if there is no more law.

In grid failure how would you know it's not comming back on ? and find you and your merry men camping in Home Despot having a drunk blow out on stolen beer....with a bunch of dogs ( no apoo's )

But I'm not for throwing a good plan out the window just for a few tech-nickle pernts...

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm friends with a few judges, a DA, and some leos, they are welcome to come. We'll need them in order to remain civil between ourselves. Also they can be there in case we all overreact and it ends up being a big screw up on our part. We'll make guilt-by-association be what keeps us out of trouble.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom