What have I done!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Facebook post pops up.. "foster needed for bottle fed kittens."

Our cat of 17 years died last year. The wife and I talked about fostering bottle fed kittens. We have a conure so we really didn't want to bring a cat in the house.

Soo.... I get to jpaws and the lady says..

"we have three 4week old kittens and two 2week old kittens"

I say... "yes"

She says "all 5?"

And I says

"yes"

The 4week olds took to the bottle and now sleeping. The 2week olds won't stop meowing and don't seem to be grabbing the bottle to well. They did drink a bit.

Well looks like I got some long nights ahead. Lol

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    @WhereIsIt? that's freakin hilarious. You're a modern day saint for that and I am a fan. lol I miss my kitty, but we moved and aren't ready for one on this ghetto highway we live on full of cats with AIDS.
    This was one of those sentences where commas matter. My cat didn't have AIDS. The strays on this ghetto highway have AIDS. lol

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'll get pics tomorrow. I think they were dumped at the shelter pretty recently. So all 5 looked rough when I got them home. After a few bottle feedings and a few naps on a warmer, they are perking up. One of the older ones is already strong enough to climb out the play pen. One of them also looks to be a shoulder cat. He goes straight for your shoulder and sits there.

@Manimal our cat that died last year had feline leukemia. I found her few months after Katrina at Dominos pizza. She would stand by the door and people would give her pieces of their pizza. I was getting married in a week or so, figured I would add a cat into the equation. We names her Dominos and she lived with us for 16years. We are assuming she was 17/18yo.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Puts a whole new meaning to " I know what I got"! My dogs would not approve. A 6 lb. longhair chihuahua, a 10 lb short hair chihuahua and a 145 lb lab that thinks he is a chihuahua!!!
    I don't mind dogs at all. I don't hate or "despise" any animal. I just get a bit antsy around dogs and I don't them jumping and licking me. Growing up we always had cats. We lived in a rural area, so they went in and out as they pleased.

Our conure doesnt look to happy at the moment... She keeps giving us all the stink eye. Lol

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I don't mind dogs at all. I don't hate or "despise" any animal. I just get a bit antsy around dogs and I don't them jumping and licking me. Growing up we always had cats. We lived in a rural area, so they went in and out as they pleased.

Our conure doesnt look to happy at the moment... She keeps giving us all the stink eye. Lol
    I was like “is he misspelling the word conure, or does he have an ancient animal lol”… I had to look it up. If I was that bird I would crap all over everything lol. It knows you let the predators in! :dogkeke: :run:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I think I got a defective cat! She use to lay in our driveway like this till we finally brought her inside due to coyotes in the area. Her and our dog Piper get along ok even considering she's 13-14 years old vs dog is not even 3 yet.

Attachments

• Princess.jpg
      Princess.jpg
      114.1 KB · Views: 21
    • P & P.jpg
      P & P.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 20

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Not a dog or cat person, they are incomparable to me really. I like both, different roles. All dogs are high maintenance, some are really high maintenance. Cats are so much easier.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    These guys slept through out the whole night. Figured they would be up every few hours asking for milk.

One of the two week old isn't doing to great. She won't take much milk at all. Will have to call jpaws today to see what can be done.
    fcb7b83786e954feec4a1aef160e3f23.jpg
    526e3e220c28d2ccbe0621b463aa63ba.jpg
    e10d8cbd41e5e6e30316f556bf63a8d2.jpg
    5d2e257f844a3c66593e9466726500a1.jpg
    90d124a6d8a396f436d24acb77b4b93a.jpg

Top Bottom