What if:Mandatory Evacuation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    my uncle has a ranch in franklinton on about 50 acres of land. i would pack my truck with my clothes, guns, ammo, and as much food as i could fit and head that way. he has enough perishable goods in the basement to feed his family for at least a year and he's already offered me a warm bed in case **** hits the fan. he's got horses we could slaughter if things got bad enough and a dozen fruit trees that have been bearing some delicious oranges and pears for years.

the only problem would be getting there if they have back roads blocked off.

Got room for one more? I'm a pretty good shot and worker :D

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    My plan is to.....not post it on an Internet forum ;)

Only those select few that need to know will know.

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My plan is to.....not post it on an Internet forum ;)

Only those select few that need to know will know.

It's one thing to discuss the what if with friends in private, and another to discuss the gear one might take if the SHTF on a forum maybe, but detailed plans of where you are going probably isn't the best idea...

Sometimes I think we all get a little too involved and trusting in the forums...me included. You don't know every person on the other side of that computer screen personally. Think about it...

Good wake up call nola_.....

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    4 bedroom, 2.5 bath house for rent in Shreveport.

But if I lived down south and was being told to evacuate, it depends. If I'm single, in MY house, on MY land... sure, I'd consider staying.

If I had a wife/kids --- I'm willing to risk MY life, but not theirs. There's plenty of land and houses for sale in the rest of the country. I'd move to Arizona.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I believe that would take more oil than that hole can offer- but as for myself, I'd probably head to the camp (with lots of beer, firearms, and ammo).

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd load my gear and drive out. I have "family" in other parts of the country who'd accept my family in time of emergency.

It would be a terrible mistake to encite a violent response from the NG and the contractors that WILL assist them.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'd load my gear and drive out. I have "family" in other parts of the country who'd accept my family in time of emergency.

It would be a terrible mistake to encite a violent response from the NG and the contractors that WILL assist them.

Very true.

but it is fun for these guys to run their mouth online.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA

No one said incite. Just staying in their home and letting the NG know they aren't leaving.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Looking for Sorcha Faal to come out with the real truth. A US sub torpedoed the rig, the FEMA camps were specifacly built for this " false flag " disaster to blame it on the N Koreans. So the US can lock up the entire south and bomb N Korea and Iran

BRB .....someones at the door uh oh

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Nation Guard is on your street telling people to collect valuables they can carry and putting people on buses to transfer to "secure Federal disaster locations". No is not an option. What is your course of action>

Their version of disaster camps are really "internment camps".

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Heading north...
    What's that quote? never let a disaster go to waste? Would Obama's handlers like to have all of us on the gulf coast in an internment camp and dependent on the government for our income? You'd better believe it. Especially if the polls start showing the dems are going to get destroyed in November?
    This disaster isn't over yet...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    And besides, some of you already know what you'd do- because you already had to do it.

Top Bottom