What in God's Name is This?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This letter came in my mail today. Just imagine it on standard Government letterhead.

I know what this is, but I would love to hear the forum's comments on this. I am speechless!

:puke:

Mr. **********
    ****** ******, ** *****

Dear Mr. *******,
    I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on the possible causes of the
    ammunition shortage being felt around the country.
    As reported, many retailers and consumers have experienced difficulty in obtaining
    desired amounts of ammunition, leading sporting goods stores and shooting ranges to limit
    the amount of ammunition available for purchase. Among possible root causes of the
    shortage, two actions on the part of the federal government are taking the greatest amount of
    blame. First, President Obama, supported by his allies in the Senate, pushed harsh gun
    control laws at the beginning of the year leading to panic in the market. Believing certain
    types of weapons and ammunition would soon no longer be available, consumers began
    stockpiling these items, making it difficult for manufacturers to keep pace with demand. A
    second possible cause for the shortage is the Department of Homeland Security's open
    purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition, which they claim will supply agency
    law enforcement officers at a lower cost. While not fully proven, many claim that this action
    further limited the ability of manufacturers to meet the increased consumer demand.
    As a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment, these government actions and the
    ensuing shortage leave me with great concern. This indelible and constitutionally-protected
    right is one that should not be infringed upon by Congress or the President, as they do not
    have the authority to do so. Rest assured that as your United States Senator, I will continue
    to fight to protect the right to keep and bear arms and to monitor this situation.
    Sincerely,

David Vitter
    United States Senate

P.S. Please visit my website at vitter.senate.gov to sign up for regular email updates on these
    and other issues important to Louisiana families.

ACADIANA
    2201 KALISTE SALOOM ROAD
    SUITE 201
    LAFAYETTE, LA 70508
    (337) 993-9502
    FAX: (337) 993-9567
    CENTRAL LOUISIANA
    6501 COLISEUM BOULEVARD
    SUITE 700-A
    ALEXANDRIA, LA 71303
    (318)448-0169
    FAX: (318) 44B-0189
    NORTHEAST LOUISIANA
    1651 LOUISVILLE AVENUE
    SUITE 148
    MONROE, LA 71201
    (318)325-8120
    FAX: (318)325-9165
    NORTHWEST LOUISIANA
    920 PIERREMONT ROAD
    SUITE 113
    SHREVEPORT, LA 71106
    (318)861-0437
    FAX: (318)861-4865
    SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA
    2800 VETERANS BOULEVARD
    SUITE 201
    METAIRIE, LA 70002
    (504) 589-2753
    FAX: (504) 589-2607
    SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA
    949 RYAN STREET
    SUITE E
    LAKE CHARLES, LA 70601
    (337) 43B-0453
    FAX: (337)438-3163

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    "While not fully proven, many claim that this action further limited the ability of manufacturers to meet the increased consumer demand"

Huh? :ohreally:

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    When I first started reading the letter I thought it was to persuade you to sell some of your stockpile back to ease the shortage.
    geeesh!

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Its simple IMO. You are on a mailing list of firearm owners...or even NRA?
    So Vitter is just stroking the fires....planning on gaining support for re-election. I'm guessing the Right to Life crowd recieved a letter from him also....except there was no mention of ammunition. That letter only BS'ed about the high abortion rate and the new Obamacare laws forcing Catholic hospitals to perform abortions.
    Only God knows the number of other form letters sent out to other mailing lists. Its all crap IMO. They need to do their job and fix our broken government so we don't screw up the dollar. Its one thing to cut spending. Its a totally different thing to default.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Its simple IMO. You are on a mailing list of firearm owners...or even NRA?
    So Vitter is just stroking the fires....planning on gaining support for re-election. I'm guessing the Right to Life crowd recieved a letter from him also....except there was no mention of ammunition. That letter only BS'ed about the high abortion rate and the new Obamacare laws forcing Catholic hospitals to perform abortions.
    Only God knows the number of other form letters sent out to other mailing lists. Its all crap IMO. They need to do their job and fix our broken government so we don't screw up the dollar. Its one thing to cut spending. Its a totally different thing to default.

David Vitter has never gotten anything or any reply from me. I do not subscribe to any email list of his. I am not a republican or democrat. So I guess this should be yet another example of how government and it's officials are sharing ANY databases they have on the citizenry. Wouldn't even surprise me if their is a government subsidized entity that actually provides these worthless dirt bags with any gathered information they have on demand.

I am starting to believe that a national gun registry is unnecessary! In a few more years, they will have it anyway! ;)

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    This letter came in my mail today. Just imagine it on standard Government letterhead.

I know what this is, but I would love to hear the forum's comments on this. I am speechless!

:puke:

Mr. **********
    ****** ******, ** *****

Dear Mr. *******,
    I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on the possible causes of the
    ammunition shortage being felt around the country.
    As reported, many retailers and consumers have experienced difficulty in obtaining
    desired amounts of ammunition, leading sporting goods stores and shooting ranges to limit
    the amount of ammunition available for purchase. Among possible root causes of the
    shortage, two actions on the part of the federal government are taking the greatest amount of
    blame. First, President Obama, supported by his allies in the Senate, pushed harsh gun
    control laws at the beginning of the year leading to panic in the market. Believing certain
    types of weapons and ammunition would soon no longer be available, consumers began
    stockpiling these items, making it difficult for manufacturers to keep pace with demand. A
    second possible cause for the shortage is the Department of Homeland Security's open
    purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition, which they claim will supply agency
    law enforcement officers at a lower cost. While not fully proven, many claim that this action
    further limited the ability of manufacturers to meet the increased consumer demand.
    As a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment, these government actions and the
    ensuing shortage leave me with great concern. This indelible and constitutionally-protected
    right is one that should not be infringed upon by Congress or the President, as they do not
    have the authority to do so. Rest assured that as your United States Senator, I will continue
    to fight to protect the right to keep and bear arms and to monitor this situation.
    Sincerely,

David Vitter
    United States Senate

P.S. Please visit my website at vitter.senate.gov to sign up for regular email updates on these
    and other issues important to Louisiana families.

ACADIANA
    2201 KALISTE SALOOM ROAD
    SUITE 201
    LAFAYETTE, LA 70508
    (337) 993-9502
    FAX: (337) 993-9567
    CENTRAL LOUISIANA
    6501 COLISEUM BOULEVARD
    SUITE 700-A
    ALEXANDRIA, LA 71303
    (318)448-0169
    FAX: (318) 44B-0189