What is considered to be a good group at 100 yards?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That's not bad at all, although I would have gone with a different barrel. It seems to be working out just fine for you. I typically don't count the price of parts I have laying around either. I could give them imaginary values, but if I only need X amount of dollars in parts to complete something, that's all I look at.
    I don't think I would have gone with any other barrel. This is the 3rd build using Anderson's HBAR in .223 Wylde and they are sleeper tack drivers. The owners of the first 2 still thank me. Wanted the option of having a accurate carbine that didn't weigh a ton and wasn't 5 feet long in case I wanna knock off the bipod and go hunt, without spending half the money on a barrel. And I tend to go with my own tried and true options above all. Yep, I threw caution (read caring about brand names and bragging rights) to the wind when I ordered the first one after reading some reviews and I'm happy I did.
    Btw, not trying to argue, just throwing the info out there in case anyone else might want to take advantage.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I got a pic somewhere on my phone. I managed to put 5 rounds in the 10 ring on a benchrest target at 600 with my .280.

Zero'd @100 yards... did some math... shot steel @600... made correction.. put 5 rounds on paper.

It was the first and last 5 shot group. I should just stop while I'm ahead :rofl:

Last edited:

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Just realized this (the start of this thread) was a necro post from 2010 LOL!
    And found my old picture storage was still alive!

ColdBore11Nov.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

Close_up_44_gr_Varget_175_SMK.jpg

Puma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Cut Off
    i know its an old post but i figured that id add some input from my limited long range experience. i know everyone chases the ever elusive 1 hole group and i myself have been guilty of this at times, but in all actuality it is much more practical to shoot 5 different targets one time, I.E. 5 half inch dots at 100 yards instead of shooting 5 rounds into 1 target or pastie.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    i know its an old post but i figured that id add some input from my limited long range experience. i know everyone chases the ever elusive 1 hole group and i myself have been guilty of this at times, but in all actuality it is much more practical to shoot 5 different targets one time, I.E. 5 half inch dots at 100 yards instead of shooting 5 rounds into 1 target or pastie.

That's how I learned and it makes for a great warm-up.

Shoot one, step away from the rifle, refocus, get back on the rifle, shoot again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Phillip Norris
    Top Bottom