What is everyone's opinion of the south Florida (Trayvon Martin) shooting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'll go out on a limb and say that this is Florida's Yoshi Hattori moment.

Zimmerman will be exonerated criminally, but it will cost him a bundle to handle the legal fees. Florida's law provides immunity from civil action in justifiable cases, but that doesn't mean the kid's family won't pursue him or the homeowner's association that organized the neighborhood watch.

Lookin like you are right...with all the doo doo in the air, if there was any reason to arrest him I think that would have happened by now.

Legal fees...IDK, don't see any, his lawyer is really just an advisor so that might cost a couple bucks. Have to move ?? maybe...I wonder if he already has, his lawyer said in an interview he has no clue where he is.

If I had a 10K price on me I'd be errrr...... vigilant.and or gone.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Oh yea, here's the next fukn bigmouth who doesn't know his ass from 3rd base but ain't afraid to talk

Presidential Candidate Blows ******* opinion all over the news

http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-zimmerman-very-sick-mind-motive-malicious-one-162845818.html

Well, you know, obviously, I’m not privy to what’s going on in someone’s mind,” Santorum said. “Obviously, in my opinion, someone … has a very sick mind who would pursue someone like this. This is clearly a heinous act. You know, there are a lot of people who have a lot of distorted views of reality. It’s a tragic, tragic case. And my heart goes out to the parents, too. I can’t imagine what they’re suffering, losing their son in such a horrific way. All I would say is that, whatever the motive is, it was a malicious one, and a very, very tragic one.”

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    You do not have to answer someone's questions. You can run from a citizen and that is not a crime. What crime was commited to make a citizens arrest? Mr zimmerman should have stayed in his vehicle and let LE handle it if he was not commiting some sort of felony and endangering lives. Even LE would be raked through the coals if this would have happened. The job of neighborhood watch is to report to the police, not to act.

I didn't say Trayyan had answer his questions. I said Mr. Zimmerman had a right to approach a person (Trayyan in this case) and inquire. This doesn't make Zimmerman guilty of anything criminal. IF a crime was committed, Zimmerman has the legal right to make a citizen's arrest (as cloudy as modern attorneys have made that). My point is, Mr. Zimmerman's actions are not limited to a peace officer. The question that is at hand is whether Zimmerman was justified in shooting.

If I'm walking through a parking lot and I see somebody trying to get into a car that I know doesn't belong to them, I call the policeand/or approach them. I go and inquire: "excuse me, Sir. Is that your car?......that's Mr. Soandso's car." he may be just trying to help Mr. Soandso who just locked his keys in the car OR he might simply have gotten the wrong car and remembered that his identical car is two rows over. If he takes off running, I might follow to see where he goes so I can keep up with him until the police arrive. If he attacks me with deadly force, I have a right to defend myself.

Like I said, people approach each other all the time where I come from when they're not sure about something or if something looks suspicious. Usually a few questions clears things up

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    You do not have to answer someone's questions. You can run from a citizen and that is not a crime. What crime was commited to make a citizens arrest? Mr zimmerman should have stayed in his vehicle and let LE handle it if he was not commiting some sort of felony and endangering lives. Even LE would be raked through the coals if this would have happened. The job of neighborhood watch is to report to the police, not to act.

While that may be what you imagine...it ain't always true. In my particular location LE presence would be a long way off. If I see something wrong and need the police I can call, but I may need to follow or do whatever necessary to ensure that I can direct them when they arrive.

The PD in Fla has issued a statement that IMO sounds like what a lot of rational people are seeing...Z saw something he considered worthy of investigation in the interest of his neighborhood ( apparently there was no cop car or M/C sitting there in the observe mode...) so he made an attempt to keep his neighborhood secure . What followed was an unwarranted attack by Martin, leading to Z's action of self defense.

Remembr that in Louisiana a property owner can hire an individual to protect property and that individual has all the rights as the property owner as to that circumstance. Fla law is similar to this.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Oh yea, here's the next fukn bigmouth who doesn't know his ass from 3rd base but ain't afraid to talk

Presidential Candidate Blows ******* opinion all over the news

http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-zimmerman-very-sick-mind-motive-malicious-one-162845818.html

Well, you know, obviously, I’m not privy to what’s going on in someone’s mind,” Santorum said. “Obviously, in my opinion, someone … has a very sick mind who would pursue someone like this. This is clearly a heinous act. You know, there are a lot of people who have a lot of distorted views of reality. It’s a tragic, tragic case. And my heart goes out to the parents, too. I can’t imagine what they’re suffering, losing their son in such a horrific way. All I would say is that, whatever the motive is, it was a malicious one, and a very, very tragic one.”

Santorum is such a self-righteous know-it-all Yankee do-gooder

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    This scenario is a good example of why it is necessary to have at least two of your carry firearm. That's about all I have to add to this conversation at this point.

pjprokop

NRA Benefactor Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    And let this be a lesson to all of us concealed carriers. Regardless of the outcome of the criminal proceedings (or lack thereof), you can be sure someone will sue for civil damages. Even if there is not an award, Zimmerman will spend a fortune on defense costs. You need to be sure you are willing to bear these burdens before you pull that trigger, justified or not.

Paul

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My opinion is that the people who are best able to comment on this are the local police and DA. All these politicians/demagogues who are trying to make political hay (on both sides) are idiots.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can perfectly understand a kid walking home, or wherever, late at night being confronted and getting "thuggish" to protect himself.

I can also understand a person protecting themselves with a handgun when attacked.

Sad thing is I do not know if the absolute truth will ever come out now.

We concur on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Kevin - If you watch local BR news it's young black males killing each other, hitting others with stray bullets, and robbing/beating people. This over and over night after night has a psychological effect on people. Some of this is self inflicted because good black kids dress like the bad black kids. You can't tell one from the other so all are assumed to be thugs. The result is incidents like this. Not saying it's right. Just an observation.

I agree that is what is portrayed daily.

But this stereotype has existed prior to you and I arriving "on the scene".

That said the "urban subculture" is by no means beyond fault. It promotes imagery that is dangerous and creates exactly what you've described.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    And let this be a lesson to all of us concealed carriers. Regardless of the outcome of the criminal proceedings (or lack thereof), you can be sure someone will sue for civil damages. Even if there is not an award, Zimmerman will spend a fortune on defense costs. You need to be sure you are willing to bear these burdens before you pull that trigger, justified or not.

Paul

And what makes you say that ??

When DF ends in a justified shoot you are immune to Civil proceedings

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    NOPD officer under investigation for online comments

The New Orleans Police Department has launched an investigation of an officer for alleged comments he posted online in response to a WWLTV.com story.

Jason Giroir is the subject of a new probe by the Public Integrity Bureau after a person who identifies as an NOPD employee by that name made online comments about the killing of Trayvon Martin.

Giroir was already assigned to desk duty for a previous investigation of the traffic stop that led to a fatal shootout which left Justin Sipp dead and two officers wounded on Mar. 1 in Mid-City. Giroir pulled over brothers Justin and Earl Sipp for a traffic violation on March 1, and a shootout erupted after two officers were called to the scene to back up Giroir.

The WWLTV.com story about local reaction to the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida at the hands of a neighborhood watchman sparked several incendiary comments – including remarks from the commenter who is identified as Giroir.

“Act like a Thug Die like one!” says the comment under name Jason Giroir. The comment refers to the controversy surrounding the hooded sweatshirt Martin was reportedly wearing when he was gunned down. Activists across the nation have taken to wearing hoodies as a sign of solidarity with Martin’s family and against racial profiling.
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/NOPD-officer-under-investigation-for-online-comments-144257065.html

:)

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

This is why many disenfranchised - especially Blacks - don't trust the police. This guy - like the guy who had the run in with the Black professor in Boston a few years ago in which president Obama got involved - hung themselves with their own forked tongues.

There was an article or three about a decade ago about how the BATF (and I believe other LEO but not sure now) and how they partied with Nazi regalia, etc., etc.

Fascism is alive and well...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom