What is the best pistol for CCW carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    One that you are willing to keep with you more often than not.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    if I could legally and comfortable always have a rifle with me its 10x better then a handgun... but in reality this is the most proposed question on any forum, it really comes down to what you can shoot, can carry, and am comfortable with, if you can shoot the x out of a target a 20" with a .25 auto then carry that if its always with you, if you can do the same with a .45 and can carry t everywhere do that... I suggest you rent some guns at a local range to try out, a good standbye is a glock, for novice shooters and move up from there (CZ ;) ) then again, you may not like a glock and may want a revolver, what you can shoot best and can keep with you at all times is the best choice for you.

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Springfield XDS is the latest in my carry rotation, but as others have said... the most reliable and largest caliber gun that you will carry everywhere is the one to strap on.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Its like asking which is the best golf club. A putter for a 400 yard drive? Or a driver for putting? Both work, but not well.

Personally, I'd start out with the biggest gun you can conceal most of the time. For me a .380 is my starting point. Sometimes I swap to a full sized 9mm or 1911, depending on where I'm going and how I'm dressed.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    Like LACamper said....location and wardrobe has something to do with it.

At work, it's usually a CZ83 because I can conceal that puppy under just about anything. Other times it's a Sig P250 or P226 or SP2022. In the winter when it's cold and sweatshirts and stuff for sure the P226 or even the 92.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Most gun guys laugh at my Bersa 380 that I carry 80% of the time(the other 20% is my M&P9). They say I need a MAN'S gun. However, they all turn down the offer for me to shoot them with it.......

Conversation usually goes like this;
    Them: What do You carry?
    Me: Bersa 380
    Them: :dogkeke: That gun ain't gonna stop anybody. It'll Just **** them off.
    Me: Want to try it?:D
    Them::o HELL NO!
    Me: :dogkeke:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    agreed! I've got a keltec P3AT for those "deep conceal" days where I don't want any risk of being made. Thing disappears into my pocket and won't even print in gym shorts. Love that lil .380.

My carry is a walther P99 9mm, but I've already ordered my Glock 27 for the summer carry. (not that i expect to get it before august...)

What gun for ccw? Well, OP, I'd rather have my lil .380 in my pocket than a .357 in the glove compartment. That being said what gun I carry, what Holster I use, what belt, and what clothing are all factors dependent on weather, expected company and social environment, etc. A .22 you carry is much more powerful than a 44 mag that you leave at home.

Top Bottom