What is the problem with the youth of today? What is repect?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I look around and see the pants hanging down their butts and their underware is visible.

I read and hear about teenagers killing each other, and their parents.

It seems that most teenagers have tried and use drugs and are dependant.

What happened to thank you, yes sir, no sir, and holding open doors? It is rare.

I see more respect in small towns but there are still a large percentage of teenagers that don't give repect to others or show respect for themselves.

Is it the parents? The school system? Rap music? God being taken from schools? The lack of consequences for your actions?

When I grew up the principal had a three foot block of wood for a paddle and yes it did meet my behind. I was disciplined at home too.
    I had better say yes man, no sir, please, and thank you. I still do, and my kids do too.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    parents not spanking their kids ass. I know I'm 20 and don't act like that, because respect was whipped into me with a 6inch thick leather holster belt. All the new child abuse laws, has made parents scared to make there children act right. I was raised either act right or be forced into acting right. A belt can put the fear back into these kids eye's.

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    XS4lw.jpg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The problem is there are no parent(s) raising kids. Mom's smoking crack with her BFF or boyfriend. Grandmother is doing her best to raise teenagers growing up in an environment she has no clue about. The problems start with the parents. The kids are merely a by product of it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can only raise my own kids. Which turned out just fine thank you. I whip someone else's kid I go to jail.

Thank you. And I highly doubt that ad is being aimed at the prototypical "parents" guilty of failing their offspring, either (many of whom probably even couldn't read it, anyway)....

People who do things the right way shouldn't have to feel guilty for a damn thing.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I think most youth of today who turn out poorly do so because their parents, teachers, and peers have failed to instill in them the desire and knowledge to be successful. If you can't see past flipping burgers, why not get high? Why not drive drunk? At least in jail you get healthcare. If your world is a dark place, you do dark things.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I think a lot of the problems reflect our lack of proper grammar and spelling. Everything seems to go downhill from there. Just wait 10 years after the english language has degraded to a point we can't understand it.

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    Think about what is pounded into kids heads in popular media today.

The best paid and so-called-heros are sports players and Hollywood icons. The lowest paid are the real heros like law enforcement, military, firefighters and teachers. I mean seriously, it's like some kind of bazaro world we live in. People who try to stand up for what should be right in this country are looked down on as extermist while its fine to push any minority agenda down everyones throats. It's fine to be a freakin sensitive gay emo vampire with a spike in your nose but we can't have prayer in schools.

whattheheck518

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    New Orleans
    i am 19 and my dad still makes me say yes sir, no sir, yes mam, and no mam. he has made me do tis my entire life. and to be honest. unless i do say yes sir/mam, i dont feel as though i am speaking properly to them. it seems more respectful to me

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I think a lot of the problems reflect our lack of proper grammar and spelling. Everything seems to go downhill from there. Just wait 10 years after the english language has degraded to a point we can't understand it.

I hated english, pronoun, adverb, adjective, noun, verb, adverb, uugghh I hate even thinking about, but I agree I hate trying to listen to some people, and especially reading some of the things I see typed here. I also think that auto correct on cell phone's and all the new internet lingo lol, ftw, rotfl etc. should be ended. I see people make up abbreviations for typing and I have no idea what they mean and I'm suppose to be the generation that understands it.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    i am 19 and my dad still makes me say yes sir, no sir, yes mam, and no mam. he has made me do tis my entire life. and to be honest. unless i do say yes sir/mam, i dont feel as though i am speaking properly to them. it seems more respectful to me

I'm 28 and get fussed at by coworkers for saying yes sir and no sir to them. Eventually they gave up trying to change me and accepted it.

KetelOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    parents not spanking their kids ass. I know I'm 20 and don't act like that, because respect was whipped into me with a 6inch thick leather holster belt. All the new child abuse laws, has made parents scared to make there children act right. I was raised either act right or be forced into acting right. A belt can put the fear back into these kids eye's.

I agree 100%, I'm 22 and am nothing like "my generation." In fact, I don't even like to be grouped in with them because it gives others a negative preconception before they even know me. I got the belt once, I learned, simple as that. I wouldn't put the education system as a whole at blame, but I would definitely put a large majority of the teachers (who should also be mentors) at blame. I was fortunate enough to go to a private school, I had great teachers there that not only taught me lessons in school, but also in life on a personal level. I look up to some of them, they mentored me and helped me become who I am today.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I look around and see the pants hanging down their butts and their underware is visible.

I read and hear about teenagers killing each other, and their parents.

It seems that most teenagers have tried and use drugs and are dependant.

What happened to thank you, yes sir, no sir, and holding open doors? It is rare.

I see more respect in small towns but there are still a large percentage of teenagers that don't give repect to others or show respect for themselves.

Is it the parents? The school system? Rap music? God being taken from schools? The lack of consequences for your actions?

When I grew up the principal had a three foot block of wood for a paddle and yes it did meet my behind. I was disciplined at home too.
    I had better say yes man, no sir, please, and thank you. I still do, and my kids do too.
    It just so happens that the pants hangin below their but thing is their way to show their cool,,we had our own way in fashion statement when we were that age....Just so happens it wasnt in the way of a convict waitng to recieve pleasure from Tyrone....I asked my nephews' gang the other day if they even knew what pants hangin low really meant??? none of them knew!!!!! So I told them to go home and google it or look it up on the computer,LMAO none of those kids wear there pants like that anymore!!!! There isnt any love shown when that paddle is put on their rear ends,either at home or at school.....And when you team that up with the thug life meaning that they hear in all the rap music they listen to.....now you know!!!!! Seems the 16 yr old boys are the worst!!!!! One of my nephews friends called me old man,(41) so I went and get a football and when the old man was finished with the tough guys,,they all had a new respect for the old men,,,In all my deep gasps for air I told them you should have seen what the (old man ) was like when he was a teenager LOL !!!!! Makem earn that respect it wont hurt them !!!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

You should thank him. As you grow older your respect for him will grow even more. Mine did for my father.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I agree 100%, I'm 22 and am nothing like "my generation." In fact, I don't even like to be grouped in with them because it gives others a negative preconception before they even know me. I got the belt once, I learned, simple as that. I wouldn't put the education system as a whole at blame, but I would definitely put a large majority of the teachers (who should also be mentors) at blame. I was fortunate enough to go to a private school, I had great teachers there that not only taught me lessons in school, but also in life on a personal level. I look up to some of them, they mentored me and helped me become who I am today.

My teachers didn't care about anything. They treated teaching as their job and that was it, none of them cared about teaching. My entire highschool experience was like that. The last teacher I had that actually cared was my 6th grade literature teacher. If teacher's cared about teaching and being a mentor I think there would be somewhat of decline in this hoodlum generation. Most of the people I know that act like the stereotype your describing probably don't think they have anyone that care's about them and if they felt someone halfway cared they might change.

Top Bottom