What is the Value on a Kimber ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    I have a Question about the value on a Kimber, It's a KimKi P-45 Luma,Compact Aluminum, 45cal. (Some of the description may not be correct, its the only info i was provided on the gun, however it looks like new, round count is approx. 500. I just need a few opinions on what it is worth because i'm thinking about making a trade on this gun.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Yeah the name you got is not correct.

BUt if she is a compact aluminum it could be a CDP or even something from the custom shop like a Royal Carry.

It will depend on the version as well some people claim that the best Kimbers are the pre- Series II Kimbers (no Schwartz firing pin block). I had lots of issues with the ones I had but then again there are people who claim they are the best ever made and never had an issue. If you can get more info or even pics of it should help out to find out what you are being offered.

firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    Thanks for the info, I'll try to get more accurate info on it and some Pics., however do you think it would be worth $600 ? It comes with 4 extra mags & a serpa holster & all papers , case.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Just about any Kimber would be worth $600, but depending on the model it could be an average deal or a screaming deal. I've never heard of a Kimber P45, and KimKi and Luma just sounds like random gibberish? :dunno:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks for the info, I'll try to get more accurate info on it and some Pics., however do you think it would be worth $600 ? It comes with 4 extra mags & a serpa holster & all papers , case.

My best guess is that it's worth more than $600.

Or I may not know as much as i thought. YMMV.

firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    I handled the gun today, The only markings i remember on the gun are the name "Kimber" and on the slide is "Compact Aluminum". I don't have any pics., the gun is in the owners possission right now.I do have the serial # though, if that will help.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Are you sure the slide didnt say Compact Stainless????????

attachment.php

firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    No, it said "Compact Aluminum" and the gun is Black, it has a safety lever on the left side, no safety on the back strap like your pic.

Last edited:

firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    Didn't notice the back strap safety when i looked at it today (MY BAD), but yes that is the gun ! Thanks Speed Racer, O.K Now that we know what the hell he has, What do you guy's think it's worth ? I see that one is starting at $669.00.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I would say you would pay $600 regardless at any pawn shop or maybe even more, but street price depending on shape could possible be less due to it being an older model there are more people who actually want them since this are the ones that are known for NOT heaving issues.

I think its a fair trade if you are looking at $600, not really loosing or comming ahead just even.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I would say you would pay $600 regardless at any pawn shop or maybe even more, but street price depending on shape could possible be less due to it being an older model there are more people who actually want them since this are the ones that are known for NOT heaving issues.

I think its a fair trade if you are looking at $600, not really loosing or comming ahead just even.

+1 - I don't think for $600 you can go wrong unless it's beat up.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Just remember that once you make the switch to 1911's you will be possesed by the devil, kinna like heaving forbidden sex with a married woman you know its wrong from all aspects but "OHHHH it feels sooo good" hahahahahahhahahahaha!

If you dont believe me ask CharlieP and I'm not far behind LOL.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    From what I have read it was the predecessor to the Kimber Pro Carry II which are very nice guns and if in good shape worth 600 bucks. I am curious to see if it has the external or internal extractor. Take some pics when you get it.

Top Bottom