What is this world coming to?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    San Francisco is too concerned with the whims and desires of repugnant liberal causes, and much of their money is squandered in that manner. Their state is broke, their city is broke, and their electorate is the most far left liberal douchebags on the planet.

F them! F their policies, and F that idiot.

Last edited:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Anyone who fails to attempt to rescue an individual because of any policy should be stripped of their rescue credentials.

The only policy should be to make a viable attempt to rescue someone by all reasonable means.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Mike D'Orazi of the Alameda Fire Department said that, due to 2009 budget cuts, his crews lacked the training and gear to enter the water. And a Coast Guard boat couldn't access the area because the water was too shallow.

This is why there was no rescue...you DO NOT send in UNTRAINED people to effect a water rescue...all you'll wind up with is MORE victims...And that applies in San Francisco or anywhere else for that matter...Location had nothing to do with it...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is why there was no rescue...you DO NOT send in UNTRAINED people to effect a water rescue...all you'll wind up with is MORE victims...And that applies in San Francisco or anywhere else for that matter...Location had nothing to do with it...

Agree on this^

But I would submit the place is pertinent only to the extent that your locations' prevailing majority ideology probably may very well support a person's right to commit suicide at tax payer expense.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Call me crazy, but I am not going into 54 degree water to save some guy that is trying to kill himself. It is very easy for a drowning person to pull you under.

As far as the first responders, why should they put themselves at serious risk of losing their lives or jobs because of this guy. It would be different had it been an accident, but this guy deliberately went into the water to kill himself.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    How many have you carried??

That was my question.

I've qualified up to CWSQ in the Marine Corps and assisting a victim/distressed swimmer to safety is NO EASY TASK! It's not easy, it's not fun and it can be VERY violent.

Think cat in the water.
    When you get near it, it’ll jump all over your head and WILL NOT let go!
    Add a couple hundred pounds to the cat and you get the picture.

However this dude was trying to kill himself. NO TELLING what the heck he could have tried. Might have tried taken you with him. What's he got to lose?

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    ATOMIC ??????

product_atomic_fireballs.jpg
    [/IMG]

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    F them! F their policies, and F that idiot.

This +100.

The only thing about that situation that strikes me as wrong is that 75 considered it entertainment to sit and watch. I'd have tossed him a brick to carry out into the water with him and went on my merry way. Sorry, but my heart doesn't bleed for those who can make the decision between life and death. I'd probably have thanked him for not taking anyone with him and wished him luck on his departure too.

Top Bottom