What it's like in England when you are assualted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    So, my wife has a friend in England that she chats with, they both raise dogs. Her friend is disabled, has to use a wheelchair to get around. Awhile back she was in a road rage incident where something happened, we aren't clear what, that led to this guy chasing her for about 5 miles (kilometers?) before forcing her off the road. He proceeded to punch out her window, punched her in the face and took her ID so he knows where she lives.

She contacted the police and they were able to track him down. He went to jail, but only for 18 months. So she is of course concerned for her safety when he get's out. This guy is obviously off his rocker. The police said they can protect her under the following conditions, she must get lighting installed in her home so the yard outside can be flooded with light, and she must have a fence built around her property. But here is the kicker, she must also buy a caravan (camper) which she can park and stay in at a designated location where the police said they can provide security for her when she feels threatened. In other words, they told her she must spend all this money on security for her property, which isn't likely to deter a determined aggressor, and if she want's their personal protection, she must leave her home and stay at a designated area they will provide it for her. Apparently, she must do the former to get the later, I guess.

So do you think this is reasonable situation for a safe "gun free" society to tolerate? SMH

Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    So do you think this is reasonable situation for a safe "gun free" society to tolerate? SMH

England went off the deep years couple decades ago. If you think that's bad wait to you see what happens when some one actually does defend themselves. They're not keen on using force on assailants as self defense is rather taboo there.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Insane. Your life isn't worth saving, according to the British gov't.

And to think at one point these people ruled the globe.....

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I got something clarified, the lights and fence was if she wanted the police to respond to a call at the house. But if she suspects something is happening and she wants on going protection, then she will have to park the caravan in the police parking lot. So, in other words, if you want police help, you have to do all this stuff to make it easy for them.

This is current, BTW, the guy just went in jail I guess, so she has a year or so to figure out what to do. The only good thing is she raises German Shepards, and trains them to attack on command. It's her only advantage at this point, but she can't have the dogs with her at all times, only when she's home. She can walk some, but not a lot. It's really pathetic how little they are willing to do for her.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    England went off the deep years couple decades ago. If you think that's bad wait to you see what happens when some one actually does defend themselves. They're not keen on using force on assailants as self defense is rather taboo there.

self defense is rather taboo? how did they come to that logic?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't get that, either. Watched this video, the other day. It's as if they as a society consider the idea of using firearms for self defense....rude. :confused:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You aren't going to get free around the clock protection just because you are scared in the US either. If you call, they will come, but they won't stay there 24/7 just because. At least here you have options to protect yourself, however.

I find it so ironic that the UK's suppressor laws are so lax compared to ours....

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    You aren't going to get free around the clock protection just because you are scared in the US either. If you call, they will come, but they won't stay there 24/7 just because. At least here you have options to protect yourself, however.

I find it so ironic that the UK's suppressor laws are so lax compared to ours....

To the contrary, the police don't even have an obligation to protect citizens. I'd have to look up which decision it was, but awhile back SCOTUS ruled that police are not liable if they don't actively protect an individual. This is more to protect the police from liability, rather than to institute a policy of non-protection of the citizenry (I'm sure almost every policeman will do his best to protect a citizen in danger), but it's an interesting take on what there responsibilities are. The fact is simple, though, if you are personally under threat of bodily harm, there is very little chance a police officer will be present. It's like the old saying, there's never a cop when you need one.

Top Bottom