What life is like after being shot in the face

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    You may remember the story from a few moths back of a guy going nuts in the French Quarter and ambushing 2 NOPD officers on patrol. He was riding in a pedicab when for no apparent reason, he began shooting.

WWL-TV's Karen Swensen (herself the widow of a LEO) got one of the officers to talk on camera. It's rare that a TV station will devote this much time to a story. It's worth the watch.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/orleans/im-shot-in-the-face-the-story-of-an-officers-battle-to-live/289-fc457ac0-bd65-4cb4-a727-8e6e9221aa45

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    An amazing story of survival and luck. Good thing most street thugs aren't carrying SD ammo, would've probably had a different ending.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    An amazing story of survival and luck. Good thing most street thugs aren't carrying SD ammo, would've probably had a different ending.

In the article it says "full metal jacket" as if that was a bad thing. I immediately thought like you.. If it was SD I don't think he would have made it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I think it’s shocking the fmj didn’t do more damage honestly. The bullet that hit him actually acted almost like a jhp and didn’t penetrate nearly as much as fmj rounds are known too. Definitely a lucky man to still be here

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think it’s shocking the fmj didn’t do more damage honestly. The bullet that hit him actually acted almost like a jhp and didn’t penetrate nearly as much as fmj rounds are known too. Definitely a lucky man to still be here

My guess is that the bullet was slowed sufficiently by first passing through his window and/or computer that he ducked behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom