What Tactical Flashlight to Buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am looking for 2-4 new tactical flashlights. Two for the car and two for the house. I would like to find something less expensive than surefire, with a high and low output.

What are your recommendations?

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I have a EagleTach T20C2 and absolutely love it. Has strobe and SOS features. I did a lot of research before purchasing the light, and it has lived up to the reviews.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Streamlight protac 2L or 2AA, pretty cheap, high and low output. I use the CR123 (1L or 2L) model for myself and gave a AA model as a gift.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Fenix PD30 is my duty light, a PD20 for off. My work backup light is a Surefire 6P LED which is bright but I really do not like surefire's tailcap "switch", thumb gets tired holding it on and it's hard to lock it on with one hand. Clicky switches are MUCH better.

I picked up a small Brinkman Maxfire LED light from Academy the other day for about $20, runs on one AA and is supposedly around 50 lumens and has a clicky switch. It's a good useable brightness, not stupid-bright like my Fenix but definitely works. I got it because the other night my Fenix batteries croaked while doing a checkpoint, then I had to search the woods for a missing person with my surefire and I was worried it was going to run low as well and I was out of CR123's. I figured a decently bright light that runs on batteries available at any gas station could come in handy.

I've had good results with Brinkman Maxfire Xenon lights, they are exact replicas of Surefire G2 but with clicky switches. G2 upgraded lamps drop in perfectly, mine are running dealextreme LED lamps meant for G2/6P and are running strong. I haven't seen one in stores for awhile though.

This thread reminds me, time to order another case of CR123's...

Last edited:

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I have a EagleTach T20C2 and absolutely love it. Has strobe and SOS features. I did a lot of research before purchasing the light, and it has lived up to the reviews.

Yes, I have 2 of these - one mounted on a rifle, and another is my everyday carry. I like how they are like Lego - everytime a new insert/LED module comes out with newer technology, you needn't buy the whole new light... $28 for JUST the module gets you the latest and greatest.

I upgraded mine recently. I now have the XM-L HO module in my every day carry, and the XM-L module replaced the R5 in my rifle. There is no brighter commercially available flashlight in this size right now (lumens wise).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I highly recommend ANY light that cannot be broken by my kids. Unfortunately at this time, I have no recommendations.

They are very thorough!

Top Bottom