What they are teaching 1st graders in Cali

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They can go to a same sex marriage, but they can't say the pledge or pray in school. F^&^ THAT! :mad::(

I don't have a problem with gays wanting to be "wed" but they need to stop taking away the $hit kids really need, like responsibility, loyalty, honor and accountability for their actions and adding a bunch of worthless crap.

Well, let's take away prayer and add in...ohh, uhhh, gay marriage civil rights. Ptssss. Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Link to video...one of the kids has a queer shirt on. WTF?!
    San Francisco 1st-graders attend teacher's lesbian wedding in 'teachable moment'

By Jill Tucker | San Francisco Chronicle
    3:56 AM CDT, October 11, 2008

SAN FRANCISCO—A group of San Francisco first graders took an unusual field trip to City Hall on Friday to toss rose petals at their just-married lesbian teacher—putting the public school children at the center of a fierce election battle over the fate of same-sex marriage.

The 18 Creative Arts Charter School students took a public bus and walked a block at noon to toss rose petals and blow bubbles on their just-married teacher Erin Carder and her wife Kerri McCoy, giggling and squealing as they mobbed their teacher with hugs.

Mayor Gavin Newsom, a friend of a friend, officiated.

A parent came up with the idea for the field trip -- a surprise for the teacher on her wedding day.

"She's such a dedicated teacher," said the school's interim director Liz Jaroflow.

But there was a question of justifying the field trip academically. Jaroflow decided she could.

"It really is what we call a teachable moment," Jaroflow said, noting the historic significance of same-sex marriage and related civil rights issues. "I think I'm well within the parameters."

Nonetheless, the excursion offers Proposition 8 proponents fresh ammunition for their efforts to outlaw gay marriage in California, offering a real-life incident that echoes their recent television and radio ads.

"It's just utterly unreasonable that a public school field trip would be to a same-sex wedding," said Chip White, press secretary for the Yes on 8 campaign. "This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to have an understanding of its purpose."

The trip illustrates the message promoted by the campaign in recent days, namely that unless Prop. 8 passes on Nov. 4, children will learn about gay marriage in school.

"It shows that not only can it happen, but it has already happened," White said.

California Education Code permits school districts to offer comprehensive sex education, but if they do, they have to "teach respect for marriage and committed relationships."

Parents can excuse their child from all or part of the instruction.

On Friday, McCoy and Carder, both in white, held hands on Newsom's office balcony overlooking the rotunda and recited their vows.

"With this ring, I thee WED!" Carder said, shouting the last word for emphasis.

After traditional photos, the two walked out City Hall's main doors where the students were lined up down the steps with bags of pink rose petals and bottles of bubbles hanging from their necks. McCoy, a conferences services coordinator, was in on the surprise and beamed as the children swarmed around Carder.

The two said they have participated in the campaign against Proposition 8 and planned to travel around San Francisco Friday afternoon in a motorized trolley car with a "Just Married" and "Vote No on 8" banners.

The two met on a dance floor two years ago.

"This is one girl I can honestly say deserves happiness and it came in the form of Kerri," said Carder's friend Dani Starelli.

Creative Arts administrators and parents acknowledged that the field trip might be controversial, but they didn't see the big deal. Same-sex marriage is legal, they noted.

"How many days in school are they going to remember?" asked parent Mark Lipsett. "This is a day they'll definitely remember."

Carder's students said they were happy to see their new teacher married.

"She's a really nice teacher. She's the best," said 6-year-old Chava Novogrodsky-Godt, wearing a "No on 8" button on her shirt. "I want her to have a good wedding."

Chava's mothers said they are getting married in two weeks.

The students' parents are planning to make a video with the children describing what marriage is to them.

Marriage, said 6-year-old Nolan Alexander on Friday, is "people falling in love."

It means, he added, "You stay with someone the rest of your life."

As is the case with all field trips, parents had to give their permission and could choose to opt out of the trip. Two families did. Those children spent the duration of the 90-minute field trip back at school with another first grade class, the interim director said.

"As far as I'm concerned, it's not controversial for me," Jaroflow said. "It's certainly an issue I would be willing to put my job on the line for."

News
    First Graders Taken To San Francisco City Hall For Gay Wedding

October 11, 2008

SAN FRANCISCO, October 11 – In the same week that the No on 8 campaign launched an ad that labeled as “lies” claims that same-sex marriage would be taught in schools to young children, a first grade class took a school-sponsored trip to a gay wedding. Eighteen first graders traveled to San Francisco City Hall Friday for the wedding of their teacher and her lesbian partner, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. The school sponsored the trip for the students, ages 5 and 6, taking them away from their studies for the same-sex wedding. According to the Yes on 8 campaign, the public school field trip demonstrates that the California Supreme Court's decision to legal same-sex marriage has real consequences.

"Taking children out of school for a same-sex wedding is not customary education. This is promoting same-sex marriage and indoctrinating young kids," said Yes on 8—ProtectMarriage.com Campaign Co-Manager Frank Schubert. "I doubt the school has ever taken kids on a field trip to a traditional wedding," Schubert said.

When asked by the Yes on 8 campaign, The San Francisco Chronicle reporter said she did not know if the school had ever sponsored a field trip for students to a traditional wedding. Telling the Chronicle that the field trip was "a teachable moment," the school's principal believes it is perfectly appropriate for first graders to attend a same-sex wedding. Officials in other school districts disagree.

"Prop. 8 protects our children from being taught in public schools that 'same-sex marriage' is the same as traditional marriage," said Santa Ana Unified School District board member Rosemarie "Rosie" Avila. "We should not accept a court decision that results in public schools teaching our kids that gay marriage is okay. That is an issue for parents to discuss with their children according to their own values and beliefs. It shouldn't be forced on us against our will," Avila added.

The lesbian teacher's wedding was officiated by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. Newsom is featured in a Yes on 8 television ad, released last week, in which he arrogantly declares of same-sex marriage: "The door's wide open now. It's gonna happen, whether you like it or not."

The Yes on 8 campaign's ads explain that if the voters do not overturn the California Supreme Court's same-sex marriage ruling, teachers will be required to teach young children that there is no difference between gay marriage and traditional marriage. “It's totally unreasonable that a first grade field trip would be to a same-sex wedding," said Chip White, Press Secretary for Yes on 8. "This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to understand it.” The field trip underscores the Yes on 8 campaign’s message that unless Prop. 8 passes, children will be taught about same-sex marriage in public schools. “Not only can it happen, it has already happened,” White said.

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    They want to teach them young.After its OK and widely accepted for gay marriges how long before its ok to marry kids and animals because its love and they have rights also.Gay marrige is one of the many things destroying the US.We became the superpower of the world in 200 years by being blessed.And it wasent by alla or mohomad.They need to keep that crap in the closet.I dont want my grandsons to hear about there sick vain and deadly lifestiles anymore than I want a drugaddic teaching them there way of life.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    My son goes to Faith Academy in Gonzales, they start every morning off with a pray, the pledge, and before every meal they pray!

That's what I like about "private schools"!

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    They want to teach them young.After its OK and widely accepted for gay marriges how long before its ok to marry kids and animals because its love and they have rights also.Gay marrige is one of the many things destroying the US.We became the superpower of the world in 200 years by being blessed.And it wasent by alla or mohomad.They need to keep that crap in the closet.I dont want my grandsons to hear about there sick vain and deadly lifestiles anymore than I want a drugaddic teaching them there way of life.

+1

Just kidding!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    "Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day"

This field trip was arranged by a parent of one of the students, not the teacher.

Like with any field trip, they had to get permission from the parents for the children to go.
    All but two signed a permission slip.

We became the superpower of the world in 200 years by being blessed.And it wasent by alla or mohomad.
    The Ottoman Empire thrived under Allah.
    Rome gained power under the blessing of multiple "gods".

:)

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Ya know, I really think I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

If any of the non dike looking lesbians wouldnt mind helping me to find myself, send me a PM.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008

Wow. I had know idea that homosexuality was a "gateway" lifestyle. Who among us but the most well informed would know that what starts out as two consenting adults of the same gender getting married rapidly spirals down into the pits of child molestation and Goat f***ing.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Wow. I had know idea that homosexuality was a "gateway" lifestyle. Who among us but the most well informed would know that what starts out as two consenting adults of the same gender getting married rapidly spirals down into the pits of child molestation and Goat f***ing.

Hey I know everyone is due their own opinions, but seriously this is 2008, almost 2009. Its time to grow up just a bit and learn some tolerance.

I mean WTF did those goats ever do to you?!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    We are supposed to be " tolerant " . Yet if we choose to raise our children to pray ,
    and encourage them to have a moral lifestyle , WE are the intolerant , racist , homophobe bigots . Tolerance seems to be one-sided .

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    A while back the guvenator also signed a law making it to where teachers can not speak the term "mommy and daddy" in the classroom. I don't remember what they have to say now but this happened at least a month or two ago or longer.:(
    Problem is being tolerant is good and bad. When things are pushed to where it affects the lives of those around you, it is not right. That law can effect change on a young impressionable mind.:eek3: I look at it from a religious stand point. That is the way I was raised. We all make our choices in life, and live by them, and to each his own. I believe that what is right will work out in due time.:D

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA

+1. I've got tons of gay friends and knew alot of gay Marines. Hell, if you've ever been clubbing you've been right next to those horrible goat rapers... I have no problem with homosexuality and believe that the government should only recognize civil unions and let the churches decided who they want to approve as 'married'.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    We are supposed to be " tolerant " . Yet if we choose to raise our children to pray ,
    and encourage them to have a moral lifestyle , WE are the intolerant , racist , homophobe bigots . Tolerance seems to be one-sided .

This is what burns me up to no end.

I am fully capable of accepting other points of views and beliefs if that is what the law of the land says I should do. Regardless if I agree with it or not.

But it is so awfully ironic how almost every time, the very people who have had to fight for their views and beliefs, as soon as they become the "popular trend" they become incredibly intolerant to anyone who opposes their views.

Its very disturbing, and it is not getting any better.

I dont know how many of you spend any time on message board forums that are primarily made up of younger people, say in the 18 to 30 range, especially if the message board has any sort of an artsy roots to it, but it is down right scary to me at what has become acceptable bigotry and out right hate towards anyone who has a religious faith, or is for gun rights, or doesnt agree with homo sexual relationships. They honestly believe that they are so enlightened, and anyone who doesnt see things the way they do are, old school, ignorant, and supersticious.

Honestly, in all seriousness, it is one of the most disturbing things I have ever encountered, and I have no hope for the future of our country.

Its to late, and to far gone, and there is no going back. I only expect things to simply get worst and worst people and I am doing what I can to prepare for it now. Not alot of things in life scare me.

I fear God, I fear for my families safety, and I honestly fear for the future of our country. America as we have known it is gone for ever, and there is no going back.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Eh just reread my post, didnt mean for it to sound so depressing, but I wanted to get my point across, I guess it is what it is.:o

Top Bottom