Where and what is the best value (cheap) way to obtain a ccw in LA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The least expensive way to obtain a LA. CHP is to join the US Military and not have to go to the class the first time you get your CHP. :cool:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    CCW courses run about a $100 on average. If you can't afford this how are you going to pay for the license and gun. These folks have to eat, pay-up and just be happy.

Beauxdog

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Jefferson Gun Outlet has a great class and all paperwork, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo, photocopy of the entire packet, and a pre-addressed LSP document envelope are included. I believe the course is $95.

Don't forget, the course is separate from the check you need to mail the State Police which I believe is $100 permit fee and a $35 paperwork fee. You do NOT pay these at the course.

I also agree with JBP55 and Hitman... Join the military!

Last edited:

GatShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Metaire LA
    Jefferson Gun Outlet has a great class and all paperwork, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo, photocopy of the entire packet, and a pre-addressed LSP document envelope are included. I believe the course is $95.

Don't forget, the course is separate from the check you need to mail the State Police which I believe is $100 permit fee and a $35 paperwork fee. You do NOT pay these at the course.

So $230 altogether?

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Classes are $90-150. Some include fingerprinting, notary work, range fees (if applicable), lunch, photo's, etc. If not included, passport photo's are around $10-12, notary work maybe $10-30 (or free at your bank or insurance office), finger prints $10-15, range fees $??, and 36 rounds of ammo = $??. The State gets $62.50-$500 depending upon your military service, age and whether or not you want a lifetime permit. But average should run around $250ish total.

Having your gun at your side when you really need it: priceless.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Photos are no longer required, they are obtained online by the CHP Division from your LA. DL or LA. ID card.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The question you should be asking is: Who has the best CCW class out there?

So far the best CCW class I've taken (4 of 'em) has been Bearco's.

LouisianaGunny

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I took my class with Dane Thomas in Robert. He was a cop and is now a Wildlife Officer. Even though I could have taken the less expensive way out because of being military, I wanted to know about Louisiana specific laws. Things I wasn't familiar with being from out of state. After going, I learned that his class fee goes to his foundation which helps parents with funeral costs when they lose a child. He learned how expensive it is to bury a child when he lost one of his daughters. Now he has a couple fundraisers throughout the year, as well as the fees from his classes. Dane is also an avid 3 gun competitor and a heck of a shot with a pistol. Any way back on point, saving money by going the cheap route could cost you in the long run if you ever actually had to use your pistol. Dane is just a genuine good guy. Tell him Gunny sent you.

www.TNTCCC.com

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    kingfhb;1420847 Don't forget said:
    $100 permit fee and a $35 paperwork fee[/B]. You do NOT pay these at the course.

I've never heard of that. $125 and not broken down like that

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom