Where do you get Reloading Components from?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Where do you get Reloading Components from? I normally Order from bulk Primers and powders from Powder Valley. And silly things like 30 cal pistol bullets {.309}
    But in smaller amounts for in between orders is what I am asking about. I do get a pound of powder here or there at Cabela's or Shooters Club David Drive {yes i know they moved LOL}
    No one seems to have Mil spec CCI primers {have used Tula with great results}
    So wondering, who, what, where, locally

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    Jefferson Gun has some reloading supplies, although they are in the midst of moving to their new location. You may also want to check with Tom at Action Shooting Supply in Slidell. Why the need for CCI primers?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey 340six,

We have a small supply of small rifle Mil-Spec CCI (white label) in stock. We only keep a few bricks at a time. We also have some of the 110 grain 30 cal bullets in stock, both in the plated and jacketed. We also mtry to keep a good stock of powder but after this last weekend that got shot to hell on some powders. Before making a trip down give us a call to make sure we haqve what your looking for. If you know your going to need a large supply of material, let us know ahead of time and maybe we can put on one of our orders and save you some money.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Old Jefferson Hwy.
    225-389-6077

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    southwest
    Order sleeves of primers from Powder Valley or Graf and Sons. For less than sleeves, call your local stores. Same for 1# cans of powder--buy local. For kegs, buy from Powder Valley.
    Powder Valley is great for all consumables (if only they could get some Zero bullets in stock).
    Cast bullets: mastercastbullets.com or Missouri Bullets
    Swaged lead: Powder Valley (Zero, when in stock) or Precision Delta
    Jacketed: Montana Gold or Precision Delta (or Powder Valley for Zero, when in stock)

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Order sleeves of primers from Powder Valley or Graf and Sons. For less than sleeves, call your local stores. Same for 1# cans of powder--buy local. For kegs, buy from Powder Valley.
    Powder Valley is great for all consumables (if only they could get some Zero bullets in stock).
    Cast bullets: mastercastbullets.com or Missouri Bullets
    Swaged lead: Powder Valley (Zero, when in stock) or Precision Delta
    Jacketed: Montana Gold or Precision Delta (or Powder Valley for Zero, when in stock)

Don't forget the local bullet makers. Two of which have some bullets on the shelf at LA gun and reloading, with more coming daily.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    for me anythink less then 3 k I will drive and get them other wise I save for a 10k or more order because shipping and handling cost but then is when you really save money Powder I get from http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ in 8 lb jugs just keep it under 3 jugs ( a brid once told me that your not suppose to have more then 24 pounds for home use ?????)for Bullets I buy I get them from http://www.evergladesammo.com/ great as a long as you buy alot and they are fast same with powder valley fast and helpfully now if I am just buying 100 to try a bullet out I buy local to help to support locals stores

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know about limits, but I keep all my "Go Boom" stuff in one room in the house. I am looking at getting real live blast cabinets, looking for something used big enough to pop up, the new stuff is outrageous. The only thing on them that can go bad cost $2 to replace...

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    IIRC when I was inquiring about powder storage I found a local ordinance that stated {paraphrasing} up to 50 lbs of powder may be kept in a specifically built (meaning HOW it is built) 1" thick wooden box. Anything over 50lbs would require a specific, purpose built container {end paraphrasing}. I'll try to find that ordinance again sometime this weekend and post it here.

Last edited:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Yes that ordinance would be helpful if yo can find it. I wonder what the design of the box would be and I wonder if you could have 2 boxes to keep greater than 50 lbs in.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I can heartily recommend Gary Thibodaux in the Thibodaux area for anyone in need of hard cast lead bullets in bulk. Quality at a good price.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't know Gary was using hardball to cast with?

Anyway, bullet machines suck up some money, it is like they are never full and their food is almost $2 a pound.

Top Bottom