where to hunt pig in s.e. la

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justsomeguy

deranged.......
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Gretna
    Where is there public hunting land to hunt pig? Im looking to bowhunt. I'm wanting to spot and stalk so feeders won't be put out. I just don't know where to go. Also, if any member on here owns some land with pig they'd be willing to let me hunt contact me and let's see if we can work something out.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    First day to apply for permits is Aug 25th and first time applicants need to pass an easy test to prove you know basic hunting safety. Make sure you have you correct licenses before you go apply. All the info you need is here. See you out there!

aaron_j

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Meraux,La
    from what Ive read a pirouge or canoe will get you to better hunting. From using the range I know of only 1 atv trail and its more or less an alley in a straight line, my brother took his dirtbike there once!

AustinCQC

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Farmers and ranchers

Farm and ranch owners definitely allow you to hunt pigs on their land and some even pay you....sometimes the payment is in beer or a good bar-b-q but whatever :)

MikeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I don't hunt pigs, but a few years ago I was sitting at the base of a tree in Dewey Wills WMA and dozing a bit, waiting for the squirrels to show up. I opened my eyes and found several pigs grazing around me, just a few yards away. They stayed for a few minutes and finally wandered off. I wonder why they seemed so oblivious of my presence. They must not have been hunted hard there, or perhaps they had just excaped from a farmyard.

Top Bottom