Which cheap double mag pouch to buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Looking to get started in USPSA and need some mag pouches. All the CR Speed and other nice single pouches look great but I can't bring myself to drop $80 - $100+ on them just yet. Was thinking about getting 2 double mag carriers and upgrade later if I catch the fever. Looks like the Blade-Tech Revolution, Uncle Mikes, Blackhawk, and 5.11 are all in the same price range ($20-$25each) and look pretty similier. Any of them noticably better than the others? Should I go for paddle or belt loops? Will be using a regular belt for now till I can upgrade to an inner/outer belt setup.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I just used blackhawk singles, cheap, locally available, and they work. And they match my evil "shoot yourself in the foot twice a day" serpa holster :-D

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    If you will be shooting production, starting next year the new USPSA rule is that every mag pouch has to be singles

Though it was worded that way initially, the BoD/NROI has cleared up the intention of that rule.

Essentially, they wanted to ban the use of the spring loaded units that contain multiple magazines within a single housing.

Long story short-- double pouches are alright, as each magazine is individually housed within its own pouch. (Two of them just happened to be connected in a single unit.)

Your pouches don't have to be singles, they just need their own individual "housing" for each magazine. Every last "double" that I've ever come across fits this description, so don't sweat it if you're looking at picking some up or are already running them in matches.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Though it was worded that way initially, the BoD/NROI has cleared up the intention of that rule.

Essentially, they wanted to ban the use of the spring loaded units that contain multiple magazines within a single housing.

Long story short-- double pouches are alright, as each magazine is individually housed within its own pouch. (Two of them just happened to be connected in a single unit.)

Your pouches don't have to be singles, they just need their own individual "housing" for each magazine. Every last "double" that I've ever come across fits this description, so don't sweat it if you're looking at picking some up or are already running them in matches.

Thanks for clearing that up.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA

Thanks Bo

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom