Which holster for Ruger LCP conceal carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    After I picked up my Ruger LCP yesterday I've been on this long, seemingly eternal search for a holster to fit in my cargo pocket (not front pocket) shorts or 5.11's I wear. Finally I have narrowed it down to these two, which are both Desantis brand - one is "Cargo Nemesis" and the other is leather "The Sting".

Anyone use either or have other suggestions for a cargo pocket holster?

1zge2kl.jpg

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have a nemisis, and really like it. I carry spare magazine in the opposite side pocket loose. With the "cargo" version If you need to reload, you would have to switch hands holding the gun to dig out the extra magazine.

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    I have a nemisis, and really like it. I carry spare magazine in the opposite side pocket loose. With the "cargo" version If you need to reload, you would have to switch hands holding the gun to dig out the extra magazine.

Good point! -And it would be better weight distribution to have the mag on opposite pants side of the LCP so I think I'd leave the mag slot empty and keep spare mag in other pocket loose like you do.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville

+1 Nemesis. In fact, your Nemesis is probably the one I sold you after I got rid of my LCP. Glad it's working out.

I would pay for a Nemesis even if someone gave me the other one you posted. The outside of the Nemesis is some sort of sticky, rubber like material. It is designed that way to create enough friction with the material of your pocket to force the holster to remain in position in the pocket when you draw, and it does.

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well this is probably not the most popular of ideas, but I have an Uncle Mikes, its the lil soft nylon that is actually a IWB with clip, It fits well inside cargo pockets or even top pockets. I mainly carry this as a boot gun, carrying on inside,weak side boot, extra mags in weak side pants pocket.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Another vote for the nemesis. If you do plan on carrying it in a cargo pocket, I would suggest the Cargo Nemesis as well, even if you don't keep the mag in it like you said. 5.11 cargo pockets are big and with the standard Nemesis my LCP always ended up rotating and riding muzzle to the rear. I much prefer the standard Nemesis in a front pocket though.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    +1 on the Nemesis. I don't have any experience with the Cargo version, but I carry my LCP in the front pocket Nemesis.

It's inexpensive, and should do everything you need. I'm definitely happy with mine.

Top Bottom