Which member got arrested @ LaPlace DSNAP :p (REPOST)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?90179-Man-arrested-in-LaPLace-with-guns-in-car

Pen light attached the hand guard ?
    'Irate' LaPlace man accused of pulling out assault rifle when denied disaster food stamps

Yesterday evening, shortly before 8:00 PM, Louisiana State Police troopers, St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's deputies and members of the Louisiana National Guard were assigned to security at the DSNAP (Disaster Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program) location in St. John the Baptist Parish, 1929 West Airline Highway, LaPlace, LA. A claims processor alerted law enforcement to a male subject who became irate when his claim was denied. The subject was observed going to his vehicle and retrieving an object. Law enforcement personnel quickly responded and subdued the subject who was in possession of a fully loaded AR-15 assault rifle. Officers disarmed the subject and placed him under arrest. Another handgun and numerous loaded ammunition magazines were located.

The subject was identified as Mark Knight (W/M, age 46) of LaPlace, LA and he was booked into the St. John the Baptist Parish Correctional Center on charges of Aggravated Assault and Terrorizing. Louisiana State Police Bureau of Investigations and detectives from St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office are conducting an investigation and further charges may be forthcoming. Bond is currently set at $20,000.00
    mark-knight-magz.jpg

19529774_BG1.JPG
    http://www.wwltv.com/home/Police-Ir...-site-had-loaded-assault-rifle-169556566.html
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/09/irate_laplace_man_arrested_aft.html

:)

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Don't you love the way they unloaded the magazines for that extra shock value!

And then flipped the magazines opposite of how the rounds go in. And is that a laser pointer on the AR? It looks like it's taped to a quad rail too. Do you think he knows those covers come off?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I would love to know what really happened. Charges have been upgraded to attempted 2nd degree murder and the evidence listed on the news was:

1. State worker saw a man in his car with a gun
    2. Man had a loaded gun with a round in the chamber "ready to roll"
    3. Man was denied food stamps
    4. There were almost 300 people standing in line to get on the dole.

This is based on WAFB's coverage.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I would love to know what really happened. Charges have been upgraded to attempted 2nd degree murder and the evidence listed on the news was:

1. State worker saw a man in his car with a gun
    2. Man had a loaded gun with a round in the chamber "ready to roll"
    3. Man was denied food stamps
    4. There were almost 300 people standing in line to get on the dole.

This is based on WAFB's coverage.

I saw where they upgraded the charges to attempted 2nd degree murder. What is the RS for that I would like to read it?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I guess it is attempted second degree murder to have a loaded gun if another person is in the vicinity? I would hate to get stopped on some of my trips, hell sometimes when I get to a school or post office it takes me a while to put up all my guns that are loaded... I guess that is what the LEO meant when he said the guy had a round in the chamber "ready to roll", I call that loaded....

Top Bottom